1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rolz, May 14, 2019.

1. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Just had a little contact in last chicane before finishing line at Spa, and slid off. Both cars got a Safety Rating penalty. I sat still on the kerbs, and another car slid along my door, anmd we got a penalty for safety rating. And then anothe rcvar. Anbd another car, and a fifth car. I was punished every time although I sat still as result of the accident with the first car. I lost 5x 1 point. That is like getting five tickets for jumping the traffic light once.

I noticed that replay I save in VR, and then watch with ACC launched in 2D mode so that I can watch the vid on screen, has no sound.

2. I played with LWW Smooth last night and by putting it lower, it really brang back the sense of speed. When the bar was half-way, the global motion in the cockpit felt a little "slow". At 10%, it felt so much better. I first put it to 0 and I saw some Aliasing get introduced, so I notched it up a little at a time until the jaggies went away. Not sure about the Gamma yet. I went full and nothing and didn't notice any big change. I was more involved in the "Smooth" process. I'll revisit the Gamma this weekend.

Coanda likes this.
  3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Guess the simmers outrage if Kunos worked out an AAA career and releasing the bread and butter stuff as is....
    Armageddon

4. Retrofly

Retrofly Gamer

Well thats one of the good things, career and bugs can fixed relatively easily, if the handling and FFB was bad there would be no hope for this game. I'm glad the fundamentals of the game aren't broken.

fsuarez79 and Cote Dazur like this.
  5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well, let’s hope it won’t take them as long as those Hollywood guys to get along...

6. Here's my initial thoughts on ACC.

Graphics: Look exactly the same to me as they were in early access. No issues with them at all, looks fantastic.

Sound: Phenomenal. Adds so much immersion to the experience. Cannot say enough about how good the sound is. Albeit, when your engine is off, all of a sudden other cars nearby become very loud. I assume the devs can fix this fairly easily.

Bugs: I haven't gone on multiplayer yet, but I've suffered no game crashes or stuttering etc on single player.

Career mode: I wasn't expecting much from this, given how basic career mode was in AC, but this is a big disappointment. The obvious, overwhelming gripe is that just having access to two seasons isn't a "career" - that's just not true I'm afraid. If you met someone in a pub and they told you "I had a career as a racing driver" and then they said they only drove for two seasons, the first thing you'd think is, "well, that wasn't a career then". The lack of explanation of what Blancpain is and even just basic details about what the rules are etc is a significant oversight as well.

Immersion point 1: I did an hour race at Barcelona with a mandatory pit stop and I had a fantastic experience for the first 30 minutes. But the amazing immersion was slightly killed due to gaining something like five places through pit stops. That experience was made even worse when I suddenly gained 15 seconds on the leader in about 5 laps because he was stuck behind a back marker that he was unable to lap. This is a real disappointment that has been an issue in early access as well. We need this fixed asap. We can't do single player endurance races if the AI at the front of the field are unable to lap backmarkers. Endurance racing in the Blancpain series is a major part of it and we need to be able to simulate this properly.

Immersion point 2: In my hour long race I felt completely alone. I can't ask my engineer anything and he doesn't tell me much except things like "pit window open", "tyre pressures low, avoid kerbs" and "race over". This is another immersion killer. We need more info as a driver. We need to feel like we're in a real race. Even if this is fixed by integration with the Crew Chief program, I don't care, we just need someone to talk to and to give us feedback/advice/help/information.

Immersion point 3: No pit crew is a bit of a let down, as is no safety car. I understand safety car/full course yellows will be hard to code into the game, but I know Kunos pride themselves on producing simulations. No safety car/FCY = less simulation.

Immersion point 4: Probably should have mentioned this in point 1, but does anyone find the AI's qualifying pace is noticeably better than their race pace? I'm usually qualifying in the middle of the pack, but in the race I have the speed to match those 8-12 places higher than where I qualified.

Car handling: Fantastic. The physics are very enjoyable. No other sim feels or acts as good as this title.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
    My initial hype on release day was sucked away pretty quickly. I miss the days where you bought a game on release day and it was almost perfect from the start. I suspected ACC would still need a decent amount of work done to it on release day, but I wasn't quite expecting it to be as unpolished and quite frankly, unfinished, as it was released as on Wednesday. I'm by no means giving up with ACC, as the base driving experience is the best in sim racing, for me. But if this title is going to be anything more than a "I haven't played ACC in weeks/months, maybe I'll give it a quick hour this weekend", I suspect Kunos really do have a lot work on their hands.

I have nothing but the upmost respect for Kunos, they're sim racers at heart but sometimes I just feel they need a "gaming expert/consultant" or someone with a bit more knowledge of the industry to guide them. It's all very well making an amazing driving physics sim for the driving nerds like me, but if you really want the title to be a great success it also needs to have more direction, focus and some sort of hook to keep people playing and investing their time in it. There's so much choice in 2019/2020 (GT Sport, iRacing, AC, AMS/AMS2, PC2, Race Room, rF2, GTR3 (lol)) that I just hope ACC doesn't fall by the wayside. As well as a top notch simulated physics system, there still needs to be a significant effort put into making it addictive for people as well. Safety cars, pit crews, AI driver swaps, proper career mode, occasional online multiplayer special (iRacing style) events like a 24 hour Spa race and 6 hour Paul Ricard race, are all things that would help keep people hooked.

Having said all of this, THANKYOU again for this sim Kunos, and fingers crossed you can address the (sensible) issues and suggestions people have raised.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I don’t agree the existing career mode can be easily fixed into an AAA experience...
    Think time and money.

morpwr69 likes this.
  8. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Is the pit-crew and animations missing or what am I doing wrong? I went into the pits and everything I saw was a red rectangle and a static lollipop? Is this how it's going to be until the 2019 update?

I'm really worried right now, seeing how the game has left "early access", but still has major flaws, incomplete features and bugs. I'm still going to play the game regardless, but I just think it's sad.

In the risk of sounding all negative, I do wish you guys would have had more time to finish your game. I bet those deadlines didn't do you any favors and I feel for you, but keep us posted on your progress.

Attached Files:

• 0001.jpg
      0001.jpg
      File size:
      503.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
  9. James P

James P Simracer

If I was going to write a post about my initial impressions it would essentially read the same. I basically agree with 100% off your summary and hopefully the devs can work on the issues.

It has the hallmarks of being fantastic, it just needs those features included and for it to be polished up a bit and then hopefully it can immerse us fully outside of the driving of the cars which is already brilliant.

BrakeCheck101 likes this.
  10. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Perhaps if Kunos release ACC yearly for the next 10 years whilst slightly adding new stuff and having virtually the same content year after year you'll get your F 2018 career mode.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

It was deactivated during ea for reasons unknown to me.
    It will come back eventually.

12. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

Although I can agree I wont, but what I can guarantee is this
    If I as a sustaining engineer/QA have to go back to the bubble glass house called software development and walk in saying your software is crap, you are going to go ape sheet. if I walk in and say hey guys and gals and whatever, your software is conceptually good, but you really suck again your going to go bonkers. If I walk in and say hey man this is the schnizzit, great job I love it, then you are going to get your tender little ears perked up and then I can tell you about some of the disadvantages of your lack of vision and programming skills.

It is all about presentation, since you responded and I really did not point this at you, I would say I struck a nerve. To me that says it all.

13. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

[​IMG]

I almost wish this was alpha 8, because then I wouldn't mind it.

14. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

+

jcz likes this.
  15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Oh my, I think it’s time to feed my ignore list again...

Si. and anthony galmiche like this.
  16. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

This is what worries me the most tbh and it's not an issue of this title, it's an issue since AC that Kunos hasn't been able to properly address (ever).
    The fact that we have slower cars like the Gallardo R-EX, the ST and the Cup competing with faster cars extrapolates the issue.
    They should really try to figure this out for this title.

XettMan likes this.
  17. Jakkison

Jakkison Gamer

Sorry guys, anyone here can explain the difference between the position number upper left and position number bottom left? Shouldn't they be the same?

18. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Is it not the same for you, aren’t you quicker when qualifying than you are in race trim?

Freddie Seng and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

:D

Ah, nubee simracers.
    Let’s embrace them!

20. Crunch

Crunch Racer

It has potential, but all I can say is that I hope it doesn't turn out to be the race sim that "could have been". It definitely has an experimental vibe to it, just as the original AC had. This looks to perhaps be another long turn project before it really starts shaping up.