1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rolz, May 14, 2019.

1. Jack Taylor

Jack Taylor Gamer

I lost a majority of track medals I gained at Spa, Barcelona, Brands-Hatch and Silverstone. I then gained a good chunk of SA rating, too. Now the last day or two’s work has been wiped off the ratings page. Apart from that and the fatal error ‘dump’ message every now and then, mainly happens to me during replays, I’m enjoying the title and can’t wait to join some Endurance leagues (if it doesn’t prove fatal) lol!

2. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Ebook of the year:p omg! I agree with part of no manual, it’s ridiculous to search all over for info, if you can find it.

3. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

If I set in the CMD menu in the game that should be made at the pitstop repairs, then it takes longer to make a pitstop or are the things in the time of pitstop partially repaired?

4. Keithb23

Keithb23 Rookie

As it stands now, career mode is unplayable for me. Constant crashes. I would upload the logs folder, but there isn't one in the documents\assetto corsa path. This is way too frustrating a game for a release version. Personally I can't see anyone being more upset than they already are now if Kunos had delayed the release and sent this version out as 0.8 instead.

Issues that should have blocked release:
    • Crashes in career mode.
    • Career mode not saving between sessions.
    • No proper explanation as to what the Blancpain series is or access to the rules in the game.
    • No proper explanation of the pit stop strategy in career mode.
    • No explanation of additions to the video settings menu.
    • Even though it says in the prelude to the career mode that you will be testing radio, telemetry, etc, it is just a hot-lapping session in day, night, and rain.
    • NOT TELLING THE USER TO WAIT UNTIL THE CONTINUE MENU POPULATES TO CONTINUE CAREER MODE! Seriously, every single video I have seen on the net that is streaming career mode game play has the person press quit because continue doesn't show up for at least a minute or maybe more, forcing the user to start the career over again. This is a ridiculous oversight on Kunos' part and should have been fixed prior to release. "Quit" should either be greyed out until the continue button populates or when clicking on "Quit" the user should be asked, "Are you sure you want to quit career mode? All progress will be lost and you will have to start over."
    • Multiplayer matchmaking.
    • A rating system that actually rewards the player when driving well and punishes the player for driving poorly. Right now the rating system doesn't seem to actually do anything, especially considering that the servers are constantly crashing or down and can't connect.
    I've already talked about what I like in a previous post. I just honestly haven't been this disappointed in a release since Project Cars 1. It's that same feeling of "This has so much potential and they've gone and shot themselves in the foot right from the start". It's not going to matter how much better this current version gets, as far as the media and the public are concerned, this release is a disaster of epic proportions that will need to be re-named ACC 2 just to get past the stigma of version 1.0. That is what Slightly Mad Studios did with Project Cars 1 with some success.

I fully admit this is a rant, mostly because I have spent well over 6 hours in the game trying to get past the first races at Zolder without success. I have great confidence that many of these issues will be fixed. Kunos has done a great job on many aspects. Like many others, I just don't see this version as being a release 1.0.

In desperation I am going to completely uninstall and reinstall, just to see if that makes a difference. Sigh...

Znam Neznam and surtic86 like this.
  5. If you switch on/off the repairs in the MFD you should see the calculated time for the pitstop going up or down. It should be related to the amount of damage on your car.

6. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I bet the next changelog is gonna be HUGE

7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Corrected that for you: plural. I think it needs several huge updates, very unlikely the mass of issues can all be coped with in just one rush. I would not even take it for granted that really all of the single, smaller issues already are listed and known.

I am still hopeful that in the end things will be fine, but the title in no way was a release-ready final candidate. I can only assume that legal obligations due to licensing and the timetable of the real world series forced them to release it. The game to me looks not so much broken, but simply very unfinished. A premature, rushed release. As I see it, ACC still is in Early Access. And I think it will take two or three further releases. There are just so many small details not coming together currently, too many loose ends.

They now live by their good reputation for systematically and within reasonable, often short time patching things to the end, that they build in AC1 development. If that record lives on, then I am confident. If it does not, then - well... like the start - so the race, if it goes that way.

Lets hope for the best.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

And in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2097&v=o1J8ueuLnj4
    the apps' position in the HUD are arranged very differently from what I have on screen, in VR. How did he do that, do i miss something there? Maybe he explains it somewhere, but by all reason: I did not and I will not watch 3 hours long videos of this kind.
    I only know how to blow up or shrink the complete HUD layer in size, and zoom in and out of it. I do not know how to change the positions of apps on screen.

9. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

HAHA no prob I am absolutely looking forward to more Huge updates, I hope for the best as well. I'm having fun with it, except for the Career:( If I was them I would just concentrate on fixing what is wrong full song in 1.0(which they are I'm sure) rather then telling us about future DLC's(which they haven't yet) etc even if they are free as I'm sure they will be wonderful content but still...

10. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

That's probably done by changing the safezone values in the hud.json file in the documents folder.

11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

^ That would be

"safezoneLeft": 20,
    "safezoneTop": 15,
    "safezoneRight": 20,
    "safezoneBottom": 15,

As I understand that that alters the width of the invisible "framebars" at the outer rims of the HUD layer, the distance to the screen's rim. How to have apps flipping sides by these numbers, is beyond me.

For example I have in the bottopm left corner the race standings and in the bottom right corner first the tyre temps, and then on the outer side the gears and cockpit info. But he has in the bottom left corner the tyre temps on the outside and gears on the inside, and in the bottom corner right the race standings.

From a VR point of view, the whole HUD design I do not like. I cna zoom in and out and increase and decrease, something in the result is always messy.

( The whole handling in VR is not good. Not ergonomic at all. I would even prefer they switch to how they did it in AC1: a 2D screen for mainmenus with mouse control. Altering car setups in VR and with wheel buttons only, is a pain. I dont do it for that reason. The remedy to this all is: mouse control in VR menus. )

And can the race standing table, this monstrosity of an app, be switched off somehow (without killing all apps like you woudl if using a Blank HUD via F2 key)? In the file above I had swtiche dall apps I found from "1" to "0", and while most apps were dead after that indeed, the race standings app remained to be there. In VR that app really is not good.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  12. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

By using big enough numbers you can move the right side apps to the left side and vice versa. I'd for example start by setting safezoneLeft and safezoneRight to 1000 and adjust from there.

The race standing is part of the MFD, which you can assign a button for in the options to cycle through different displays or turn it off.

Coanda and Cote Dazur like this.
  13. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

I agree. Despite the bugs (which I'm sure will be sorted), I'm really really enjoying the driving/racing in this game. Purchased day one of EA and not a single regret.

Arlo, vanveen and baboon like this.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thanks for this. I would like to try and move the MFD to the RHS so it doesn't block my LHS mirror. I am hopeful one day all HUD widgets are movable and scalable which also includes the oversized virtual mirror and messages.. One can dream :cool:

15. Keithb23

Keithb23 Rookie

Just a quick update. I uninstalled the game, deleted all the files, deleted the acc folder in documents, and then reinstalled. I chose the short career this time and was able to progress beyond the first event! In 3 hours of game play, it didn't crash once. There is hope yet!:)

16. Keithb23

Keithb23 Rookie

With regards to the HUD, I would really like to be able to move the standings so that it doesn't block my left mirror. If anyone knows how to do this, please reply! Perhaps editing the json file as mentioned previously?

17. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

ACC v1.0 has great new cars and tracks, with a special mention to Brands, which is one of my favourites, and so is the 911 GT3 R.
    There are many amazing features which make ACC truly fantastic and a real joy to drive and race.
    However, there are some issues and missing features that I hope could be solved as soon as possible, so I can look at v1.0 as completed because they are currently limiting that perception.

18. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I set it to 1000, and it flipped sides, yes. But the position of other elements still is messed up, and no matter how I arrange size and zoom, something vital is always missing, out of view, or obstucting the view. Its a terrible way the solved this whole thing. I think they do not use VR themselves very much, and give it low priority therefore. I now use blank HUD - and miss access to radar, in-race message lines and text lines during pitstops. Great. But especially at night still a better way to at least enjoy the driving itself, these apps are like torchlights shining in the eye. Racing with this setup is no attracting me that much, I must admit. Letter size should be readable in VR, but the app size should be as small as possible - but threse two demands put the whole design of the HUD app design into question, the apps become too dominant elements in order to be of any use. But ACC more and more becomes a hotlapping title for me. Some good ideas there are - but not well executed.

If I am honest I must admit that I feel that my interest in the title is aleady waning, since these are design decisions that they are unlikely to change.

No. I can flip through all MFD pages the car has on offer - the race standing app is unaffected from that. (The app is part of the HUD, not the MFD, that is my understanding at least).

It seems to be difficult to run the app system design of AC1 in ACC, which was hopelessly superior to what we have now. So: I imagine a tool launched separately from ACC, to just tailor the HUD. This tool creates a new HUD layer via a graphical interface in which you can move around the apps on a virtual screen and in relation to the cockpit, you can freely adjust element sizes and positions. The elements also must be toggable individually, not in packs and combinations only. The tool creates that HUD layer and then inswerts it into ACCand you leave the tool, then launch ACC and have the new HUD layer design there.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  19. pablito

pablito Rookie

My SPA track medals stuck on 2/3 ... even with 10/4 good laps nothing happend, is there any solution for that? cant find anything.

20. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Had huge problems in a MP race last night with 1.0.1 - quick race at Spa and after a pile after on opening lap at Eau Rouge, which I managed to avoid, all the other clients seem to get dumped from the race (Or we all did) and the timings screens with other players was all over the place in terms of times. I didn’t know if I was still in the MP race, or whether it was just all the others who got dumped. Not playable IMO.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019