1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I personally would like if devs keep focus on car related simulations aspect rather than a series or race related simulation.
    As realistic GT3 cars as possible rather than as realistic SRO as possible
    lets be honest none of us can afford these cars so best way is through simulator, this way we are closer to how real car is who cars about a safety car.
    This is (and should be)GT3 and now GT4 car simulator not a safety car or marshal waving flag simulator lol.

TurboTomato likes this.
  2. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Like Rain and Night? What data have you got to backup your claim only "a fraction" would use it?

Essentially I agree, there are much more pressing issues in the Sim that need dealing with and much better VR Support is just one (blurriness), I never once said this FCY/SC addition was a top priority.

3. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I think I have seen Virtual Safety Car apps for AC in the past. I don't think it's hard to implement that. As above said, though, virtual safety car for what? The track cannot get dirty with oil or sand or debris from cars. Crashed cars can be removed instantly. There is no "too bad" weather.

Something could be done, of course. They could start with implementing "terminal damage" to cars, like in Geoff Crammond's old F1GP: if your engine/transmission blows because you mistreated it or because you crashed hard, then the car just sits there on the track, and after some time it gets removed. If I understand correctly ACC now has engine damage from over-revving, if they added some engine/transmission damage from crashes and transmission damage from bad downshifting, that would do it. There could also be a countdown for cars stationary on track: if your car does not move for more than 30 seconds under "green flag" conditions", then it automatically becomes disabled and after some time it gets removed.

Even a simple virtual safety car would add variables to the race because it would alter fuel consumption / tire wear, and also allow for different pit strategies, let alone punish those who are distracted and exceed the speed limit. I am not sure if GT3 has virtual safety car though. Of course a real safety car would be even more cool.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    Freddie Seng, TheBoss and buddhatree like this.
  4. Benjamin

Benjamin Gamer

I'd also say that a SC could be usefull to give heavily crashed cars at least the chance to stay meaningfull in a race, for instance, if there is a huge opening lap crash. I mean, how many cars abondoned the SRO esports Pro race after two laps because of heavy damage and being lapped after their pit stop? 10? Having to pit to repair your car after a lap or two just completely destroys your whole race in a one hour sprint race. When nearly a fourth of the grid is concerned, surely there would have been a SC in real life.

Edit: also debris do kind of exist; T1 Monza anyone?

5. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

I run night and rain races often. The data is this thread, were even those who are saying they'd use it, would be doing so in leagues or multi-hour events. That's a fraction of a fraction of ACC's userbase and you know it.

Elrann likes this.
  6. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

Yes this ^ I would settle for a VSC.

Freddie Seng and Guidofoc like this.
  7. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Clients back end preparation.
    More your work for pirates.
    And probably preventions for the new wave of full skins personalization that are floating around.

8. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

- Escape To Pits; Make this an Option for servers/offline, with it OFF crashed cars in dangerous places cause a SC. Stick a time limit on it until cars can Escape back/AI removed then go Green.

That's just one way of adding to the experience in a different way with Safety Cars.

There's also the thrill of a restart; cars on colder tires, drivers changing strategy, cars involved in earlier incidents have a chance to catch up, what to do if it starts raining during the SC period etc etc

It's not all doom & gloom and "oh who wants to be stuck behind the SC for three laps", think and look at the BIGGER picture.

9. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

A few opinions in a thread isn't data lol :D

10. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

I ll just copy what I have said before :D
    the idea of FCY and SC is good but if you have all the other stuff that will create a need for them like cars that can't return to the pits, why they cant return to the pit's, the whole damage model visual and internal, things laying on the ground, what lays on the ground how those things appear there and what effect they have in case of contact,how those things all around make the SC or FCY appear when how why and what for, how to path SC around it, how to make people understand what they need to do if they can't make a race start without getting DT, how to avoid weird glitches and control paneities that people shouldn't or should get, and then how to implement client/server side, how its optimized, what is possible what is not,
    There are so many thing to rework or do from scratch that it's just not worth it when majority won't use it and would be frustrated with it,
    Don't get me wrong, I would love to see it done but that is just a dream that is likely never to be come true, yes we need it, yes some will find it interesting and use it, will we get it? NO, get over it, saying "we need it, it's realistic" doesn't justify what comes with having it, at least for now

11. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Well you don't need to simulate every possible SC scenario, keep it simple like just for crashes for example. I've already given one coding change to deal with it above, RF2 has a SC (although granted it doesn't work that well!) so it is doable and yes as i said at the very start Kunos don't want to do it so this discussion is redundant...that doesn't stop me showing the possibilities of what a SC could bring, as an Option, in the future!

12. i couldn't know it would have become this big O.O
    I apologize

After_Midnight likes this.
  13. exactly ahahahaahahah

14. Turk

Turk Alien

It would probably be hilarious if a sim allowed people to act as the marshals, with access to cranes, flat bed lorries and emergency vehicles. But to simulate all that basically requires another sim on top of the race sim.

I think that level of detail is a long way, away.

mikocchio and TurboTomato like this.
  15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

This is not a question of the tyre supplier, it´s about SRO Sporting Regulations and FIA Homologation.

16. Leagues used to have pace car and emergency vehicle drivers on LFS. The latter would flip over upside down cars and get people unstuck of gravel traps and what not lol.

17. heavy front engine cars have wider front tyres since a long ago, but i dont know anything else about differences in dimensions

18. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

As I explained in my post above, there aren't many things to rework or do from scratch if you just simulate terminal car damage (which is being simulated for the engine at the moment) and just implement a virtual safety car. That would already be a big step forward with a relatively small effort. They could assign a "terminal damage" value threshold to the current damage value (coming from engine damage and car crashes), and trigger a "car-disabled" variable for when cars have terminal damage or are stationary on the track under green flag for over a certain amount of time so they become disabled and cannot be Esc-ed back to pits, thus triggering the VSC for an x amount of time. For the VSC they can use the current formation lap code (stay within the speed limit) . It's not too complex and would add a new dimension, especially to endurance racing, as it wouldn't be triggered that much during sprint races except for super high speed crashes.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  19. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Yes that is how it should be for their weight bias. I was asking if newer tyres rules allow wider rear tyres for rear heavy cars ?
    Since in Aris cars blog he stated in both lamborghini and porsche blog that,the rear heavy cars require more wider tyres but rules don't allow it.
    So i just wanted to know if officials have changed this or not.

20. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

If you're looking for the devs to spend time introducing a feature that you want, then the onus is on you to prove that it's worth while. Not vice versa.