1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. well in terms of attraction you are absolutely right, but in terms of fun, the part after the long straight is second to none.

aaah suzuka!

2. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Paul Ricard looks like a mall parking lot and after 10 minutes, he starts to ripple in eyes. I thought the track was named in memory of some racinginner... no.

Maybe it's very good in IRL because it has a lot of configurations and I've heard it's praised. But in the game (any game) - it's depressing. I tried to get myself to study this track. In general, now - 0/3. :confused:

3. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

0/3 because of parking lot thing or destroyed eyes thing? It’s just hard track, but if u can focus and learn it it becomes great

4. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I can't remember corners, because the track design itself is the same type + flat + red and blue lines.

In my memory it's the only track I have a problem with. I don't know... maybe I will try to study it again. Of course it doesn't make much sense - usually it isn't used or very rarely. And I'm not involved in the championships.

5. You don't get my point. I explained my opinion about Paul Richard to counter your argument "a lot of difficult corners that many people don't like". I know the layout and can race on this track but I don't like it for the reasons mentioned. It's absolutely not about the difficulty.

You quoted my fully out of context. Just to be clear the ratings are not working because of the low player count online. Scheduled races will change nothing on it atm. It will split the players just in 4-5 cars per race.
    With one exception: Scheduled races brings a large amount of online player to ACC. Just in this case it would be useful.

Edit: Also I think the current restrictions by Kunos in multiplayer are not useful to make this part of the game more attractive. Full formation laps, manual race starts, useful qualifying etc. are just part of non puplic servers. Your rating doesn't matter.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  6. Maciej Malinowski

Lol I just said that Paul Richard lacks that character, and if it does have it, it’s one that not many like o_O
    In my opinion it’s that weird character with concrete and stripes that makes everything else feel bad, and makes u think what even are they for, I think it’s quite a good track placed in very different place to others, well after all it’s history tells us why it’s like this, from the start u feel like racing there doesn’t feel right although racing itself can be quite good

Scheduled races, yes it’s about getting more people, I have also written in different thread that it’s about current lack of people
    I totally agree here with you man;)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    After_Midnight likes this.
  7. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

IRL the stripes at Paul Ricard are more abrasive than the tarmac, thers's no gravel run-off is there so they went mad with paint.

romandevision likes this.
  8. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

In virtual life as well:

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  9. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

Maybe my horrible Google English doesn't make me express myself properly. :mad::mad::D:D

You said that the lack of online players made the qualification system useless because people only enter any server where there are more people competing, I totally agree.

The points that I previously put in my view would improve the disorder on the servers, it is simple if you arrive before the accountant finishes to start the race you can sign up, I would also say that you can sign up in qualifying lap, when the race starts, nobody will have because being able to enter the service until the end of the race, (or maybe enter spectator mode without being able to participate.) Those who want to participate in a new race can see the counter in the list of servers and sign up for the next race.

With this, according to my opinion, the greatest number of players are expected to make a serious career with a full server, as you say we are few in online players, this function prevents people from entering and leaving the servers looking for careers.

It is important to be able to compete with people of your same level so that the race is fun, but it is true that SA is not well implemented because it is only a requirement that does not reflect all the skill of the pilot, only safety. I think that the best way to be able to compete with people of your level is through the qualification time in each circuit, that's why this idea has happened to me :D:D:D:D

RACES FOR TIME QUALIFICATION.o_O

Apart from the requirements we already know, 3 stars, SA the idea is that there is a new one. When the players register for the race and the counter reaches zero, the registered players will be able to make the qualification lap and depending on the time of their training lap the player will know if they can participate or not in the race, in a few words the best times qualification will participate in the race having a limit of pilots, so if the server admits 10 minimum runners and 15 qualification points were scored, 5 players are disqualified and the best 10 can go to the race.

* With this we would already be talking about real competition since the qualification round

* With the counter for servers we would make the most of people in multiplayer, I don't think that waiting 10 or 15 minutes is worse than being in and out of servers looking for careers

* When you finish the race you have time to see statistics and repetition without forcing you to skip a new race since the server counter must give you enough time before those enrolled in the next race enter the server.

* you would be automatically enrolled in the next race because you are still supposed to be on the server

sorry for the bad writing:mad:

:p:p

10. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Competizione for all drivers would be server splits at scheduled races. So nobody would be disqualified and servers would be sorted by racing skills.
    But this will never happen, so we have to deal with what we have now.

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I like Paul Ricard. No idea why people have such issues with the track.

12. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

Ah, yes, I had forgotten it was the same in-game too

13. Rolz

Rolz Alien

you need to find a league :)

Captain Barracuda likes this.
  14. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

It's about the design of the track - people are used to the classics - trees, grass, metal fencing without acid lines and the same type of turns. Everything could be fixed with green(for example) kerbs, but they as well blue-red color as well as himself track lines. As you can see - for obvious reasons people preferring Monza, N-ring, Zolder, Zandvoort, it's nice to be on them, and there are very few on the PL.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  15. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Isn't the CP rating supposed to do exactly that?

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I think it's good that not every track looks the same. It doesn't need fixing.

17. Turk

Turk Alien

For some reason hitting a late apex corner just rubs me up the right way. So I like PR.

18. Maciej Malinowski

But on CP server u never know if there is race and what hour it will be, u only have that info in game but no schedule

Piret2000 likes this.
  19. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Vive la difference! I actual find PR quite beautiful.

Epistolarius and f_deutsch like this.
  20. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

This circuit has a very good track, it is mythical in many ways, many people do not necessarily appreciate this estate red_blue, sorry, bleu_rouge but IRL is like that.;)
    KUNOS reproduces as faithfully as possible what exists so it is there.
    Changed the edges of the track would be sacrilege.:eek: