1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

He has said that already, before the corner, probably coasting a little before the braking zone

After_Midnight likes this.
  2. You can blaim me again for my bad english because it isn't my first language but please where I've stated I would have the higher entry speed?
    I left some space at corner entry to the car in front of me makes me slighty slower than the car in front of me to generate the necessary gap. Or I'll go for a slightly different line. Or coasting a bit. Depending on alot of things. If I'm doing all things right I'll end up very close at mid corner without lifting at corner exit. If the car in front is slower than expected for whatever reason of course I'll lift the throttle or brake to avoid hitting the opponent.
    And yes you can go side by side with this behaviour but cars like the Bentley will still have the better acceleration and drive away at longer straights. Even I'm the one with the better exit and first one at the throttle.

I think guys like @lordpatou are knowing what I'm talking about.

One question: At what point exactly I've to do "that all one has to do is get up beside, not completely beside, but just enough to make the lead cars line through the corner less than optimal" ?

Edit:
    Exactly. :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Why would someone,... "coast a little before the braking zone",... ???

Isn't that the most common place to pass some one,... ???

And, so he leaves room between him and the much slower car ahead entering corners, which is normally used to get a run at the car, all the way up the straight, and still can't get beside the much slower car,... ???

If he didn't have a much faster car, and higher entry and exit speeds, than I fully agree that passing without dive bombing would be next to impossible.

Point,... a car that is beside another car, hopefully inside, that obviously takes away the corner from the lead car, making a safe pass POSSIBLE,... NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

Any how, I'm done trying to discuss a simple topic with you two, acceleration VS time..

4. Rioku

Rioku Racer

One month and a half since last update, i think next one is really close.

So they have time to launch hotfix before christmas holidays.

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Guys your over thinking things. Just follow uncle Cole and will be fine.. :D

LATE4APEX likes this.
  6. Not in this situation. I'm not in the faster car straight line. I can barely keep up with the Bentley staying in the slipstream. And not every corner entry is the most common place to pass some one in a clean and fair way.

Again I'm in the slower car straight line.

I'm about one second faster around the whole 7km lap. I'm not faster at every single point at the track. The car in front of me isn't that much slower.

You still miss the whole point here. We're talking not about identical cars with the same acceleration, braking, cornering speed etc...
    So your "acceleration VS time theory" makes absolute no sense in this case.

To be honest I don't think you're that experienced driving against real players.

I do.
    BTW: German saying: The louder you shout, the wronger you are.

7. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Let's all calm down and maybe get a little christmas spirit.
    Here, have a decorated car.

[​IMG]

LATE4APEX likes this.
  8. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Had a rainy race at Monza yesterday which was some of best fun I´ve had in the game. Most drivers took it serious and there was some severe action going on. On my new 49" screen the atmosphere was also incredible. Sadly close to the end I had an accident when a slow driver appeared out of the spray in front of me in the middle of the back straight. Was in a close fight, so I may have missed a yellow / white flag and I can´t claim innocence.

Was a good show of what this sim is capable of!

LeiF, After_Midnight and sissydriver like this.
  9. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

In case you haven't noticed, or don't know how to read, I wasn't alone.

Its not my fault some one can't undestand a simple concept,... so in the words of your hero,... you have no clue.

I simply tried to demonstrate how a SAFE pass could be made, along with a CORRECT explanation, and was said I had no clue.

And I'm the bad guy here,... ?

So instead of continuing this,... JUST DROP IT.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  10. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

Dookie, Whitestar, GRFOCO and 6 others like this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Excellent.

I hope in time we get a few more templates than what we currently have today. Particularly for some of the Evo's. Maybe even a extra effect or two such as pearl paint just like we currently have for chrome paint..

Freddie Seng and nfsw55 like this.
  12. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I think December 16 is when they release the Intercontinental GT DLC... yes along with an ACC update that has the livery scheme/color editor.

Micii1 likes this.
  13. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

iirc one of the devs already said that the DLC won't come with the next normal game update

Dobermann92 and Micii1 like this.
  14. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

Yes. And they told us too that the 720s is not happening

15. alex21212121

alex21212121 Gamer

Will we get the remaining 2019 Blancpain liveries with this update?

Dobermann92 likes this.
  16. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Ok, but as we have seen preview pics of Kyalami, Bathurst and Laguna Seca I suspect the DLC is almost here. Plus, Marco said "(pretty) soon", which is.. sooner than soon. In any case, we are getting at least a new ACC update next Monday.

Piret2000 likes this.
  17. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I think if they were gonna release the DLC, they'd announce that instead of an in-game livery editor.... but I could be wrong.

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Aris mentioned yesterday it is not done. I highly doubt we will get the DLC on Monday. Maybe an update during the week though..

nfsw55 likes this.
  19. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Nice. I also hope we'll eventually be able to get our hands on that customizable racing gear we've been teased about :)

20. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

Found it again: