1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Cool lambo... :)

2. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

How is it that a random dude claims something on some random discord server and it spreads like smallpox but we say "it's a track pack" multiple times and it's like nope, not registered.

It's a track pack, no new cars.

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

You are right!

1.6 had some hidden gems. Look what I found whilst freecaming around the Bathurst carpark.. Look at the raytracing on those ABS!

[​IMG]

AndyK70, sissydriver and pankykapus like this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

that got my attention..

5. Akbalder

Akbalder Racer

You announced that there are liveries, drivers and a championship season after having said that it is "only" a track pack.
    It made me wish for even more than that.
    Now it's very clear. Thanks :)
    I'm impatient to race on those tracks.

Interchangeable and sissydriver like this.
  6. pankykapus

It's the same concept as the IGT DLC was, it also brought the entries that were compatible with existing car content. It's still only a track pack, doesn't add new cars.

ladose likes this.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

didn't you say all devs lie...?

8. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Now I understand why politicians don't answer questions or make statements without , an army of PA's. you just can't win

AndyK70 likes this.
  9. FloSimRace

FloSimRace Simracer

While waiting for the release, I uploaded on YouTube the two little presentation videos that were released on Reddit a few months ago.

It's 360p and there's no sound but well, it gives a first idea ... pixelated :D

ladose, FriendOfJah and Coanda like this.
  10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Chicane at Oulton looks bare where's the tyre stacks to stop cutting?

11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

12. pankykapus

No. Just because something is reflective, it doesn't mean it's RTX. Even ray tracing doesn't mean it's necessarily RTX.
    RTX is Nvidia's proprietary global ray tracing method that people often confuse with ray tracing itself or the simple presence of reflections in a scene. They once again did a helluva job of selling a three-letter abbreviation. :)

UE4 features screen-space reflections (SSR) since day 1, and it's a very good-looking way of rendering reflections compared to older, more limited methods, with the limitation that the reflection only captures objects that are visible in the rendered frame, meaning off-frame objects are not included in the reflection, only what the player's eyes can also see. The free camera is a handy way of seeing how it works in action.
    RTX allows for full-scene reflection capturing, which fills in all the gaps, regardless of what's being rendered.

There's a Gamers Nexus video analysing various video settings in Cyberpunk, it's also a very good example to show the differences between RTX and SSR.

Other shocking revelations may include the fact that ray-tracing ≠ RTX, and SSR is also a form of ray tracing.

SSR works very nicely in car interiors and wet surfaces as there are a lot of different objects and materials in close proximity that are included in the scene, while it can look rather flat in open, uninteresting spaces when the frame doesn't include any notable landmarks or shadows. To fill these gaps, ACC also uses some level of traditional cubemap reflections, which are permanent, baked reflection maps that are visible no matter what the capture frame includes.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    Vel, Ernie, Freddie Seng and 15 others like this.
  13. infact I tought rtx = ray tracing, not bad to know the truth. That combo of ssr and your filters anyway tricked me. Initially i tought it was a picture from real.

14. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  15. There are only tyre stacks in the second chicane. The first one doesn't have any. Hence there are none there in ACC I suppose.

In one of their preview images yesterday you can see the tyre stack from the second chicane:
    144962632_5749161345110136_6273080840095125452_o.jpg

sissydriver likes this.
  16. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

On 505 Games Assetto Corsa Twitter feed under the announcement of the British GP Pack DLC of what to expect iy lists: Dedicated Championship season. What exactly does this mean? ACC already allows you to run a Championship season. What makes this any different? I saw in the comments on Facebook for the same announcement people were saying this will allow you to run a Multi-Class GT3/GT4 Championship season. Is this correct?

17. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

You can choose betwen endurance cup, sprint cup or igtc seasons for example. The british ones will add to it.

AndyK70 and FriendOfJah like this.
  18. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Hi Felge. Thanks so much for the reply. Do any of the seasons that you listed allow for multi-class racing? Forgive my ignorance on this topic. Thanks.

19. Belgakinen

Belgakinen Simracer

20. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

I think Bathurst, not so sure about the other igtc races. The rest, no.