1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah, it annoys me with any racing sim/game that does this (most, really) when the track camera focuses only on single cars, at times zooming in way too far and especially following and moving with every single movement of the car. It doesn't look natural. I understand it wouldn't be easy to make that logic for track cameras to appear realistic but it'd be worth the effort given the focus on e-sports. I wish there was at least a F3 camera mode with static views (like AC has I think? If there is one in ACC I have yet to find it).

chksix likes this.
  2. Well if races dont look good, then nobody watches, then "the focus of esport" is lost anyway

Mogster likes this.
  3. marph

marph Racer

Just a short question. I would like to do a 24h Spa with 3h race length. Unfortunately, its only a 15min stint. Is it possible to stretch it to 30mins?

4. Zenzenzic

Zenzenzic Gamer

You can set the maximum stint length in a "custom race weekend".

marph likes this.
  5. marph

marph Racer

But am I racing with all the original 24h rules and liverys?

6. I agreed on gtwc asia at brands, but I have to say that tonight Monza was pretty much amazing to follow.
    Probably because in monza you see many cars anyway.
    However, we need unfocused cameras as soon as possible (I mean I would love to have them before or after).

7. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Enjoying actually getting out and about @ Saturday practice and quali at the Brands Hatch British GT.

I quite like that Mustang. ;)

mister dog, baboon, chksix and 3 others like this.
  8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I think it looks fine most of the time, it isn't that prevents broadcasts from being enjoyed. Not all the camera views are bad either (I also especially like the heli-cam, a great addition. And some of the track preview shots even show views from the modelled interior of buildings, that looks just great). But when it does look off it can be really distracting, can make it look more 'gamey' than it is and sometimes just makes it hard to focus on battles. It could be improved upon to make the sim more presentable on broadcasts, that's all. I've watched a few ACC esports broadcasts and they were fine, clearly more professionally done than what we had just few years ago. Just from the perspective of the automated "camera work" nowhere near as good as a great real-life broadcast (maybe I just watched way too many of those). And ultimately that's the goal, isn't it, simulating and reaching parity with the real thing.

9. Yes yes cameras are well sorted.
    But think about this: in qualifying or free practice they are just great, in the race not so much.
    Cause all cameras strictly follow the car.
    Horizon cameras may be ok. But many times we lose action.

Helycam is amazing, but even that, without that one car focus it would be even better

10. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

The broadcasts from SimGrid are awesome because they have a dual focus screen a lot of the time and don't spend 90% of the transmission showing the battle for 1:st as they do in LM24h for example. The cameras need a few more options though.

11. If we look at the end of the race, the most beautiful camera is a steady camera focusing on the finish line, so that you can watch arriving cars in order waving, flashing.
    Right now the finishes are only ugly, no other word can describe how acc finishes look. Hard switches on the next car to arrive and 100% of the time you would not understand anything if it wasnt for the commentators.
    But the same counts for the starts.
    I still don't understand how they could not implement true tv cameras, but it has to be some serious issue with ue4 otherwise I cannot explain such a miss to myself. I hope this will be improved.

Ps. A feature that would be just great to have, if we go into speculations, is to use spectator mode to assign a place of the track to a camera view.

Pps but unfocusing cameras has to be there

Ppps some animation like dissolving when changing focus from a camera to another, from a car to another.
    All these "Tack, stung!!!" when you change camera or just to move the focus on the car right behind...come on. It hurts your eyes. It's a shame to have such a high level graphics and then having unsufficient cameras.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    After_Midnight and chksix like this.
  12. I am following aci esport gt championship and they did it with both acc in march and iracing now.
    Although you can clearly see iracing has much simpler models and less texture and bad colors and whatever, it just looks more real. Because cameras are better. I mean, you choose an engine because you want to release the best looking game, and then you ruin the way it looks? no sense.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    Mogster likes this.
  13. Are they not able to show clips of the action for legal reasons, or is that supposed to be "artistic"? o_O

14. While we're "complaining" about the game I want to pick up a thing what is bothering me since a while. It was also mentoined in Jardier's video.
    As far as I know Pirelli developed the tyres for the GT's to work in a large range of ambient/track temperatures. Because there is just one sort of tyre for a dry race track.
    In the game 0.5 PSI will have an immense influence at the overall performance of the car. But we're talking about 0,034 bar at this moment.
    It's really hard to believe the tyres made by Pirelli are that pressure sensitive.

What do you think?

15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Tyres work in a large temperature range, the pressure still needs to be set right though.

m_box97 likes this.
  16. Pressure range is quite large for me, problably you are at the limit all the time.
    However consider that 27.5 is the minimum for the front, while 27.5 is the maximum for the rear.
    Try running 28 at front and 27 at the rear and you will see that you will have good handling no matter how many time you overdrive it.
    Also aero can cause these changes if you have too much oversteery car or whatever. Anyway try those pressure.

17. I'll give it a try for sure but it doesn't answer my question. The large pressure range you're talking about is still just some hundreds of a bar. o_O

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  18. no man. one thing is operating range, another is optimal range

19. Mogster

Mogster Alien

That was quite clear in spring last year when all we had motorsports wise was e-sports events.

ACC is better to drive and is higher quality graphically but somehow iRacing manages to look almost real from a TV viewing perspective.

Salvatore Amato likes this.