1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. devil in me

devil in me Racer

still waiting for a post in " whos fault is? from one or two devs ... :)

i want to put blame on them whatever change i have :)

2. DoubleJ93

DoubleJ93 Gamer

Ordered December 21 and the availability date is February 12.

Coanda likes this.
  3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

When I originally replaced my belt wheel with a DD wheel I actually went slower until I adopted to the new setup and then was going the same...

marph, Ole Pophal and Coanda like this.
  4. unpierrot

unpierrot Racer

Received mine. I'm lucky to have a V1 without gear shift issue so this v2 will be a spare one.
    Just tested on my CSW 2.5 for 4 days to see if everything was fine.
    Instead of doing the BMW GT3 wheel, I think Fanatec should concentrate on this kind of wheel, looking for quality without beeing too much expensive. Even if 200€ is quite expensive, this one is one of the cheapest in Fanatec lineup.

Whitestar and Coanda like this.
  5. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Are the magnetic shifters a big improvement? I actually find the feeling of the V1s ok.

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I upgraded to have magnetic shifters on the v2 formula. 107 times better than stock. Worth every cent..

its.me likes this.
  7. unpierrot

unpierrot Racer

It feels a little bit softer and the input is happening before reaching full press and you can know it due to sound click. Not that much difference between the two, but V2 feels good also. I think that the best part will be reliability over time as the dome switch was the component which was failing in previous version. I hope that magnetic shifter will not have that kind of issue.

edit : I mean there is a difference but it's not like if in first version you were unable to know if button was pressed or not and in this new version, you can.
    Both are quite good in term of feeling.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  8. unpierrot

unpierrot Racer

You mean Advanced paddle module ? I think this module is with higher quality (better feeling) than this McLaren GT3 magnetic shifter.

9. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

best upgrades are
    Potentiometer to Load cell
    Normal wheel to ForceFeedback wheel
    Desk to Cockpit

Once you have those the rest is just Icing on the top,

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I just assumed they had he same feels as they are both magnetic. Apologies if I got it wrong.. :)

11. I had an interesting experience about the FFB yesterday. I joined a CP race and restarted my wheel between Qualy and Race (something felt weird). After that the FFB was completely gone. I drove the race anyways, and of course I was slow in the beginning but my laptimes improved throughout the whole race, in the end I was on a midfield pace (server 1/4) and finished the race without spinning or crashing. Even the FFB is more about immersion than laptimes, I think.

About the Desk to Cockpit - I would love to have a cockpit but I do not have the space available (I am old, I have kids and stuff...). So I am driving on a desk in an office chair since GP1 on my amiga in the 90s. I have a 9800+ overall rating in ACC, I don't think my desk is slowing me down... :) If someone promises that the cockpit would bring me the missing 1.0sec to the aliens, I would consider giving one of my kids away.

Please: no ****storm, I am kidding!!!

pdf3108 likes this.
  12. unpierrot

unpierrot Racer

No need to apologize :)
    Feeling is different due to the linked paddle system in McLaren GT3. They should have used independent paddles and a somewhat similar system than APM and then feeling would have been much better. But perhaps with a wheel which cost more.

A good compromise could be a wheel stand ;) Some are stable and sturdy. And also easy to put it away if needed.

Coanda likes this.
  13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Is it my imagination or do I smell fish and chips? o_O

sps_for_race likes this.
  14. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

No surprise since the stock F1 paddles are exceptionally bad :D
    I sold my F1 whell because I couldn't stand the feel. Used the round csl wheel instead until I found a McLaren.

Coanda likes this.
  15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Kulturbanause.
    It´s tea time. ;)

sissydriver likes this.
  16. are you guys trolling me (us) or do you know anything I don‘t?

Btw: all the tea is held up at the border now! No more tea time.

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Beyond bad. Deliberately made like sh!t so you upgrade. I couldn't even grip the wheel without the back of my fingers rubbing against the paddles..

And I ain't even packing monster hands.. Or am I..

[​IMG]

sps_for_race and chksix like this.
  18. DoubleJ93

DoubleJ93 Gamer

Really? Because MrGit just posted this on Reddit :D
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ACCompetizione/comments/l3yhmd/soon/

#Soon? ;)

[​IMG]

Hopefully, by the Monday evening after the British GT DLC eventually drops (and every following Monday), i'll be hosting my "Assetto Corsa Competizione 2021 British GT League" on the Simracing.gp platform!!!

This will be a 7 round series based on the 2021 British GT series, all current dates, tracks, cars, events and times are placeholders till the release of the DLC and will be adjusted per the 2021 British GT schedule when released...races will be happening on Monday evenings.

The 1st 25 spaces are for GT3 cars and once those have filled, another 25 will be added for GT4 cars to sign up...any additional entries for a fully catered class will be removed, so please choose carefully!!!!

Rnd 1: Brands Hatch (60min Race) TBC
    Rnd 2: Silverstone (90min Race) TBC
    Rnd 3: Donington GP (60min Race) TBC
    Rnd 4: Spa (60min Race) TBC
    Rnd 5: Snetterton (2x45min Races) TBC
    Rnd 6: Oulton Park (2x45min Races) TBC
    Rnd 7: Donington GP (60min Race) TBC

I'm getting registrations done early so we're ready to hit the ground running and please, if you need to be invited into SGP, DM me on Discord (link here) your email address ASAP so you can receive the invite and get signed up and be notified when the exact start date will be. ^^!

its.me and sissydriver like this.
  19. C#27

C#27 Gamer

If you want the FFB back in the future, after restarting the wheel go to the control settings in ACC. There you will find an update button at the top left, that should usually bring back FFB.

20. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

Despite the DLC I'm looking forward to 1.7....

Coanda likes this.