1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Flavus

Flavus Racer

Thanks man, I was searching for SRO esports so now have bookmarked GT World Channel :)

Dewald Nel likes this.
  2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

You mean like the British GT 2019 season, of which the Ford Mustang GT4 and Jaguar F-TYPE SVR GT4 are absent in ACC? They used the wrong series and season as example but it's not like there's no "missing" content with no comment about it from Kunos.

So everyone has to be in the industry now before being able to talk about the inclusion of content in a sim? The official sim of said series even? The commenter confused the seasons, that's all.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  3. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

No, just a basic grasp of reality should suffice. But, as the saying goes, common sense isn't that common these days.

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Guess I don't have a basic grasp of reality thinking the official sim of a series should contain all the content of said series. Knowledge of how "these things work" isn't relevant there.

5. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

The BGT 2019 DLC is a track pack, it was sold as such without cars.

Dewald Nel likes this.
  6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Personally speaking I'd prefer work going into improving the existing sim, fixing issues affecting the enjoyment of the existing content, over any addition of new/missing content (though they're not exclusive). But you should at least be able to acknowledge it.

I know. Though the DLC is sold under the title "British GT Pack", not "Track Pack" (which is somewhere in the description), it also contains the series selectable for game modes as well as liveries/teams/drivers for existing cars. It would at least have been a good opportunity to add the cars, if not somewhat the "expected" move, when talking about replicating series. But it's alright, nothing to be done about it, it doesn't diminish the value of the content the DLC does contain. Less alright is that there's no official word about it (the marketing) or that others have to argue over merely acknowledging that said content isn't in the sim. But whatever, it's always the same, again and again.

7. I second that.

devil in me and Batch like this.
  8. Unf

Unf Racer

9. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I just hope we get actual participation there in the US Servers. I did a few during the beta that were good but in the past couple of months it was impossible to get a race with more than 1 or 2 people.

10. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

So what are the main advantages of this? I mean i can see the appeal partially but I prefer the 45/60 mins CP format. My main gripe with the CP stuff is that the lower ranked splits have quite a bit of dirty driving since the SA rating does not catch dirty driving (tactical punting etc).

This seems to mainly for e-sporty people who want to enter stuff with a prize pool etc.

Dewald Nel likes this.
  11. Unf

Unf Racer

Now daily Sim Grid have 3 options:

1. 25min GT3 race in dry conditions.
    2. 25min GT3 race in variable conditions with fixed car.
    3. 45min GT3 race in variable conditions.

So.. if you have less time - you can pick quick 25 min race. If you want to race with the same car and don't talk about BoP - you can do it. If you like 45min races, as you do - you can pick it as well.

I don't know why but on Sim Grid races are a lot of less trolls and torpedoe's. And they seem to be much more stable (instead of CP where you can be "registered" but then not allowed to join the server, or personally I have lost connection with server during CP race many times...).

12. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Is this confirmed?
    Any source for this statement?
    When is the last race, end if month?

13. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I think he means folks will flock to SimGrid and ignore CP going forward.

devil in me likes this.
  14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

No, if you check that guys post history you will see that the only thing that should really be confirmed is him on your block list

Freddie Seng and Dewald Nel like this.
  15. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Come on guys.. that was a way of speech from him people, and we all understood it.. the guy means that there is an option available now that makes more sense instead of the CP races wich make no sense at all being in the game as we all agree for sure. That menu should have been removed from the game long time ago. But probably never will be.

16. I've read all the posts here and even though I have to agree with the history you're talking about, he's talking a bit reasonable now. Yes, CP races are not officially gone with this, but when the Daily races get some traction, rankings, awards and thorough stats now being developed will be introduced, CP will have a big competition I think.

Simply because those who want to troll, torpedoe or revenge crash, get banned :D

chksix likes this.
  17. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Do they ?? didn't know that. how are they doing that? always a stewart on all races? a protest system?
    I did a few daily races in sim grid and a few look pretty much the same kind of people i find in the normal MP servers. but gratend this was a few months ago, 2 or 3 i think.

LukFry and henkjansmits like this.
  18. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm pretty sure the DLCs cover that kind of ongoing work. Every DLC so far has come with general improvements surrounding it..

Mogster likes this.
  19. Unf

Unf Racer

Thats nice we have a person like you here - not even trying to use brain, moaning at me instead for no reason. Thankfully others understood what I mentioned.

20. For now the protest system is simple - if you meet someone, who is intentionally wrecking people or swearing at others in the in-game chat, you can report him in The Sim Grid discord. It gets reviewed aproximately once a week and those "toxic" people are banned for certain time period (around a week for swearing, month for revenge crashing and there was also all-time ban for someone who was crashing more people for no reason).

You can't expect every incident to be reviewed there because the huge amount of races that take place (and it's not a league race where you could give penalties for next race or deduct some points), but there's some kind of protest system being built for future incidents. Most of the time you'll find people who do these races regularly so you get to know how they drive and how much risk you can take while battling them.

When the rankings are out, being careful in the race and finishing every race you started will be much more important, as you would lose much more if you rage quit after first lap accident. Now every race counts to them, you just can't see it developing behind the scenes

rogue303, chksix, baboon and 3 others like this.