1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. jusss

jusss Rookie

Hi.

Is it possible to rebind keyboard buttons? Example: numbers 1 2 3 are camera controls but I want to use them for other stuff.
    The menu doesn´t seem to have this option (pretty weird) or am I missing something?

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The guys making the content may not be the same as those fixing the bugs, in fact they very likely aren’t.

3. Turk

Turk Alien

I know but so far, as far as I can remember, every DLC has had a major update released around the same time. Sure the update was probably necessary for the DLC, but it also contains updates that people have requested.

Mogster likes this.
  4. While i was building my DYI buttonboxes, I looked for different methods to bind multiple functions to each. There are several applications which turns gamepads and joysticks into macro keyboard. I checked four of those software but as I decided not to complicate things with one more app, i settled with programing the arduino circuit as joystick. I hardly remember their names two of them were something like joy2key (or joytokey) and Gremlin. These softwares allow you to assign a keystroke or combination of key strokes to a single button ie; A , S, D, CTRL+R, Shift +ALT+ 3, hello, bye etc. If the application expects CTRL+R to start the race, pushing the button you assigned to that combo starts the race as well. The softwares i mentioned may or may not allow you to assign keyboard key strokes to a keyboard but there are also other apps which are designed to turn the additional keyboards in to macro button boxes. Check YT for DYI MIDI controller boxes, or Macro button boxes for streaming. they mention some software names that does what you need.

Wish i could help more.

jusss likes this.
  5. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Sooooooo....Digital Bros, parent company for Kunos Simulazioni have released their "Half Year Financial Report at December 31st,2020", being the nosey sod i am, i went looking and found this.

digital bros sales pref.png

As you can see, for that time period "Assetto Corsa" (likely AC+ACC) earned just under €9 million for that time period, so financially that's showing some pretty good numbers.
    ...but, that's not what caught my eye, the 2nd pic did!

ac2 launch window.png

Sorry everyone, we have a bit of a wait, but there it is in black and white...what does that mean though...well, with a massively uneducated guess, having such a lead time for "AC2" leads me to believe that it will be on an custom engine rather than a continuation of the work with Unreal engine

Guess we'll see, so watch this space! #GuruGit

6. "numerous new productions" ??? (including AC)

Let's guess what can those be. :):):)

My guess: Moooree DLCs.

7. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

bear in mind the sentence applies for the whole Digital Bros company, so those could be Payday3 or Control2

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  8. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

This.

Also, remember there's obviously going to be an extended EA period, meaning eager beavers will be able to hop on the hype train ahead of the official release.

Using ACC as an example, that's 8 months before 1.0...3rd quarter 2023 hype train now boarding!

chksix likes this.
  9. I though the second picture was only for Kunos.:rolleyes:

10. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

It does not exist until its on the table

11. Flavus

Flavus Racer

It specifically says "The second version of Assetto Corsa" so not Competizione 2. I think I remember Marcos saying in an interview they were considering making something where normal cars were available for driving so I guess we will find out Soon™

12. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

Tssk, next AC will features boats instead of cars. Nobody paying attention to Stefano these days. Him quitting Kunos was just a ruse! It'll be called Assetto della Barca and I'm just seven days late with posting this comment.

rogue303 likes this.
  13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Bet Kunos are super thrilled to have that out in the public. Can only imagine the crazy speculations on here over the next 3 years...

Freddie Seng, Rudski and Dewald Nel like this.
  14. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

Doubt we'll have to speculate for that long. If previous projects are any indication, an announcement might be made next year with a possible early access release in two years.

Kunos don't really have a choice in the matter, Digital Bros are required (by law) to inform their investors about what they are doing with their money. Since AC(C) is quite a steady revenue stream which can appease shareholders and inspire trust in the share, they are specifically named like this. Sure, Kunos might not be happy, but I'm sure they knew well in advance this was going to be out there yesterday.

rikirk likes this.
  15. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

That was clumsy from Digital Bros. Kunos are masters at creating hype and surprising us. Digital Bros seem to have no idea instead. Well.

16. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

My guess is that you will be wrong about custom engine.

17. Turk

Turk Alien

It wouldn't surprise me if they stuck with unreal. For all it's problems it is an industry standard and I'm sure they've learned a lot with ACC. It's compatibility with consoles is probably another major advantage. If AC2 focuses on road cars then graphics are going to be important.

It wouldn't surprise me either way though. I can see the benefits to both ways.

18. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

If I understood Marco in the interview correctly, they are rather unhappy with UE. TBH it would surprise me, if they would stick to it. All the extra stuff they had to add makes it very hard to update the engine as Stefano explained in another thread. And they would most probably be forced to do the same stuff in AC2. This problem follows you through the whole life cycle of the game.

Belgakinen likes this.
  19. Turk

Turk Alien

Sure, but with AC2 they would get to start from scratch and may be able to overcome some of the issues they had the first time around. They've gained a lot of experience from ACC so they may have ways of dealing with the issues better this time around.

It doesn't really matter to me which way they go, all I'm interested in is the end result.

20. they want vr