1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

Yeah same here when I’ve started with ACC. I was able to drive with 24 PSI and after few months I’ve noticed when my pressures are at 27.5 I am able to do much faster times.

But you know what? I really love the fact that in beginning I’ve don’t know how to manage pressures correctly. This hard lesson teaches me the importance of pressures. If they not be so sensitive I would probably never give a single Fck about them with the knowledge about GT3 what I’ve had back then. This lesson forced my passion to search for more detailed tech data how GT3’s works etc.

So it may be too sensitive for beginners, but still, it is simulation and how it is in ACC is perfectly what I personally expect from the simulation. (Btw, I don’t try to argue with you or something, I just giving my personal point of view on this specific topic and how I feel it :))

2. Also because we agree on that ;)

3. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

He had two valid points in my Opinion

Make driver swaps eaiser
    make global playerbase statistics available

The rest is either really difficult to implement or will destroy the game by simplyfing it

david m likes this.
  4. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Single make races, better explanations in the the tuning menu, larger pit box so your crew doesn't have to reset your car every single time during pit stops, dynamic dry line, roadmap....

Only 2? You sure? :p

After_Midnight, Whitestar and chksix like this.
  5. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Jardier's got a point. It's the little things that I don't understand why they won't get changed/fixed. For example the stats (the few that are availiable) are broken and untounched for well over one year now. In Monza for instance my best time is a 1:40:xxx and I have 0 penalites but 243 served. These stats are just not reliable, but as Jardier said we are racers we want something to compare and as of right now I can't even trust my own stats. In some aspects, ACC just focuses on the wrong things. Stats >>>>>>> customizable suits, gloves and helmets.

Concerning the satefty car...it has been discussed a lot whether or not it makes sense since we don't have realisitc damage and we can teleport to the pits, but at least a pace car at the start of a race would be so awesome.

Still I think the arguments against the SC I read again and again are a little flawed. You can also say "why do we have to fuel the car, it's unneccesary in a game". It's all about simulation and immersion and I know simulations have their limitations, but I don't think the SC is one of them. The thing is, that a SC is bound to the damage model which in ACC is pretty basic. You can hit a wall and keep driving. So right now a SC would only make sense for organized races, but there are so many of them that imho it'd be worth it.

ohjeah, Salvatore Amato and kamkie like this.
  6. anthonylroy

I think so, let go though what you said i what i think

1) Single make races, Personally never had any love fpr single make races, i suppose you can have them if you tell everyone to join with the same car. However i do not consider this as a game issue , more a wish issue
    2) Better explanation in the game setup pages , tend to agree , but what do you put in such a small area that cannot be contradicted ? each setting is not an isolated change , and to explain , what the real effect is , as part of a syhstem would require more than a couple of paragraphs.
    3) Larger pit boxes, I actually think that the current process is ok. The thing is in a real race you have to park in the correct place otherwise the pit crew has to move , an i think the current process works effectivatly
    4) Dynamic dry line , that would be nice, but could you imagine the amount of data that would need be transfered between server and client, and the other issues

7. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Single make is great for simulating the Ginetta cup etc

8. This something I feel now too. Sometimes also the CC rating goes to 00 with no reason. I don't know if there are serious projectual issues in the game that force the devs to give up, but I always have this feeling that thete are too many things in the game.
    Many which I love, we all love.
    But also many that disappointed me.
    I think they had too many performance issues and bugs probably related to the ue4 that they did not predict or even imagine.
    But as of now, why don't they reset rankings and statistics once for all and fix them? Did they give up on them?
    Are they focused on multiplayer performance, which would be very appreciated?

In the end, if I think for a moment about the amount of effort it requires to develop a title like acc and how brave and crazy you have to be to decide to put everything together, even all those thinks you had not in your previous titles, and meanwhile you do it on a whole new engine, which you don't really know what issues it will provide or not, well then I only feel compassion, respect and I don't feel like I can accuse them of being lazy or whatever. Also because I f****** borderlinly love acc.

9. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

My guess is that ACC is put in "backburner" mode while development of AC2 is in full power. Hopefully all our wishes will be granted then :D

10. if it would be so, it would be very disappointing

11. anthonylroy

My Guess is that Kunos, or indeed any team who is passionate about what they do, will always endeavour to make their product as good as possible. I am just a consumer, and have no access to the thought processes, contractual, financial, technical or physical constraints that Kunos has to deal with on a day to day bases.

I have absolutely no idea what lies in the immediate future for ACC. So, I am content with what I currently have. The product is solid, and reliable. Many of the complaints come from a lack of understanding (IMO) or laziness on the part of the consumer. I just hope they will continue to add more content.

12. mister dog

mister dog Alien

AC1 is still being developed by the likes of Ilya and has 4000+ peak players a day (double that of ACC) thanks to all those wonderful mods which keep the game up to date. It would be very difficult to release an AC2 with limited base content at this time and have everyone migrate to that. People would play it once to see what it is about and then head back to AC1 to get their personal fix cars/tracks wise.

A lot more opportunity in continuing development for ACC at this moment IMO.

13. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Maybe they'll sneak-hire Ilya and make him work AC2 instead. That would be a devilishly good strategy.

Darmote and mister dog like this.
  14. I would have liked to have seen a Jaguar licence for Assetto Corsa, and also a Lotus Esprit!!

Mathieu Labbé likes this.
  15. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Hints of development on the next sim were dropped a while ago by 505 games so it's not pure fantasy.

16. CheatingTJ

CheatingTJ Gamer

Imo the things that needed to change are:

1) Better (more stable and easier driver swap system).
    2) Make available for the next stint driver to see and change pressures for his stint)
    3) Concentrate the leagues into the game and, if possible, make an official league per server location (US, EU, Asia). Thesimgrid is doing a good job, but it seems it only reached Europe and has no appeal to a lot US/Asia drivers, since most daily races are empty. Also probably because championships are almost all Europe based so the time of the races are prohibitive for people on other continents.

The third on, for me, would be top priority, followed by 1 and 2 . The rest Jardier said, at least for me, is for me is expendable.

17. Unf

Unf Racer

Stop complaining you batards. Game is awesome and does not need any more improvements.

18. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

The fact that this issues still exist makes me hope that the next sim is more an evolution of ACC than something new (probably that would mean keeping Unreal and I would be 100% on board with that) . It can be new in terms of content (for example an ACC with WEC content would be a dream) but I hope it will still be focused on racing, on long and multiple drivers race formats (the dynamic part of ACC is what really makes it stand out to me) with all the UI redone with a better quality of life (in-game team creation, strategy management from all the crew members, leaderboards/official events). For me all the elements are there but not all of them are refined/finished as they should and the sim relies too much on third party effort (leagues, entrylists, leaderboards apps...). Unfortunately after hearing some interviews and considering the success that AC had I think the next chapter will be a generic driving sim like the original one.

19. New cheater found and here a explanation how to detect.

Obs: Impossible to detect with Motec.

20. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Maybe you can translate in a couple of words what he says for the people who don't speak Portuguese? :p

sps_for_race and Rogue Leader like this.