1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

So we are at the same Championship, I am 50+ y/o and been enjoying sim racing for many years now, I take a part on RSDG Megane trophy mod for rfactor, so I have my arguments.
    A project is never finished there's always room for improvement. For the first day 1 patch there are a lot of events that can justify it, and I can't see anything wrong about it, especially now that upgrates are all automated. If there's a developer that after the release produt continue to polish it we only benefit about it.

chksix likes this.
  2. Never happened to me

3. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Banning works until server has been restarted, but it would be nice to have a ban list...
    Though haven't really had to ban in a while... maybe kick high pinger's but the driving community in general is way better than say 18months ago.

4. The Sim Grid works with servers with entry lists, which are built thanks to their daily website. You have to register there with your steam account, then choose races you want to do and enter those through the website.

If you do something that's against rules that you sign while entering every race, your steam id won't be allowed to enter any races for for certain amount of time, before the ban is lifted.

So here you go, permanent banning in ACC works, you just have to have the interface to do it outside of the game.

chksix and Rolz like this.
  5. neil1966

neil1966 Rookie

I'm doing a 6hr enduro at Spa in Single Player. Before my first pitstop, I was 2nd, and my laptimes were on pace with the leader and about .5 sec faster than the cars behind me.

After the first pitstop, once my tyres are warmed up my laptimes are about 4 secs slower than before. I can understand that full fuel will do that to a certain extent. The AI laptimes are about the same as they were before they pitted. At my pitstop I changed tyres and took on just enough fuel for the stint.

I expect the AI would have done the same, but now they have a big advantage and I cannot stay ahead of them. I have a chain of AI cars overtaking me one after the other.

Any clues?

6. I seem to have a similar issue, which first occurred to me in de career races. After changing my tyres at the first pitstop, they feel like driving on ice, even though they should be warmed up (ok, pressure is still 5 point lower than the previous set of tyres, without me changing anything). After the second pitstop, pressures and temperatures are all fine and my pace is back to where is was. At first I thought it was some sort of realism feature where you can have some tyreset that is messed up, but it's always the second tyreset. So if someone has a clue, would be appreciated!

neil1966 likes this.
  7. No.

devil in me likes this.
  8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Why do you say that?

9. plastikman66

plastikman66 Gamer

Same here. I have the game running on a Vega 56 at 1440p render and 4k output with some creative graphic settings. Coupled with a ryzen 5 3600 cpu and 32gb of ram i have absolutely zero stutter or glitches.. The sim runs flawlessly.

Something must be wrong with his super computer.

10. neil1966

neil1966 Rookie

I just did a test. It's definitely tyre pressures that was affecting my lap times. For some reason, the second set of tyres were to a low pressure (22 psi I think). I manually increased pressure to 27 psi at the pit stop and bingo, my lap times were back to where they were previously.

11. Experience and daily observation.
    With the growing ACC community the amount of good and fair racers is rising up for sure but at the same time the chance to meet an idiot is rising as well.

I'd describe myself far from perfect but as a fair racer with a lot of experience, patience and anticipation. In the last three days of active online racing my Trust/OWP ratio went up from 705/14 to 695/46. It's still SA 99 but I can understand everyone who's getting frustrated about the rating. In my case I'm just responsible for 4 OPW's.

The fact the rating is broken again doesn't help. But this is a different story.

So for me the overall ratio between good and bad driver is still the same.

12. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

I second that.

Last night there were two guys on a sever with SA80 rating who didn't race but were just looking to kick people out of the race.
    The night before the same story: Someone was parking his car in a chicane after an incident.

So I also don't think that the driving community has become better in the last couple of months.

Greetings to my master btw.

anthonylroy and After_Midnight like this.
  13. Greetings to my young Padawan. :)
    Stay safe.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  14. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Did the guy happen to have the name "The Moving Chicane"? I met that guy on a 80SA server at Brand's and he kept placing his Ferrari in T7 (which is blind as we all know) perpendicular to the track and yea...what more do I have to say? :rolleyes:

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  15. This should lead you to a simple question mate ;)

16. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Anyone know in patch 1.7.7 Added custom windshield banner is? does that mean we can create our own now?

17. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

The question of wtf is wrong with those people? :D

After_Midnight and chksix like this.
  18. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

They suck at racing and just wanna have "fun" :(

After_Midnight likes this.
  19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Fair enough, can’t say I’m having that experience lately. Maybe the Asia Pacific region has less wreckers? Have been racing CP servers and general public servers in the region and incidents have been fairly uncommon lately. Today’s CP race on the SA region server was clean for me, all lapped drivers respected blue flags properly, no complaints at all

Rolz likes this.
  20. Maybe less online racers in general in your region. I don't know the reason.

Nice one :D
    But in all seriousness, the question should be why things like that are possible in the sim with the (at least on paper) most advanced rating system?

I'd add a question:
    "MFD dash display widget now includes shift alert."
    What exactly do it?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021