1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arkoudadis

arkoudadis Gamer

Generic Discussion, discussion...

With the release of 1.0 we finally could give a try in every GT3 Kunos can offer atm. And from what i've seen last couple of days the Honda NSX is preety slow... And from what i've heard from real life interviews of teams/divers the "evo" upgrade that came this year made it a bit more competitive. Should we expect an EVO version of the NSX in the future or what we see is what we get?!
    @Aristotelis (sorry and no sorry for the tag! :rolleyes:)

2. steno

steno Gamer

the 2019 season come late this summer so...

LeDude83 likes this.
  3. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I just noticed there's been two hotfixes for the current v4.22 unreal engine and wonder if there's anything in there you may find of use?

https://forums.unrealengine.com/unr...s-and-releases/1612034-4-22-1-hotfix-released (25/04/2019)
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/unr...s-and-releases/1622226-4-22-2-hotfix-released (21/05/2019)

Also how do you go about updating the core of your game and/or has that already been done? Is it just a simple update or do you have to rebuild and test everything?

4. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

I hope this game does has some level of promotion as it deserves it. Also got some reasonably strong ideas given I work in advertising!

Once major crashes are fixed and a few additional things added, this is a belter of a time sink. The interesting bit is how to get a wider audience interested without the daunting world of investing in wheels/pedals etc. £40 is a very different proposition to £200 to play properly. The figure of £200 to race would also create a few sniggers on here from what they have spent...

5. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

On a seperate note, can damage affect fuel consumption? Either got my sums wrong last night or my consumption went up significantly after a shunt.

6. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

First I had my concerns about Unreal engine, but Kunos what you have done!

I just can say, the most immersive experience to date. Like I am preach for a long time, the next gen racing simulation.
    Well done.

Hope you can have the strength to carry on!

Regards,
    P.Lebre

7. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Sorry double post.:)

Flavus and vanveen like this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I have not seen weird fuel consumption levels in the UI for a while now however I did raise a bug thread regarding this back in 0.6. (please see link). I am not sure if it is related...

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/0-6-gtr-2018-fuel-l-wrong.55182/

9. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I had another crash at Spa where task manager wouldn’t even close it, I had to press restart on tower. Then couldn’t find a log like I always do. I wanna play the game and not be a beta tester. Grrrr

10. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

So far, so fantastic for me. Still only really tried single player, which has been working great. I had a 30 min race against the AI at Spa yesterday and was very impressed with the Tyre model. I started to lose some grip towards the end of the race and then lost it on the curbs. When I got going again I experienced flat spots for the first time! Was so immersive!

Now if I could only drive the Porsche and the Merc, I’d be happy

11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I can appreciate your view on these things as having a sense of connection to the virtual car is so important; getting the fundamentals in place is vital to the driving experience first, then to the racing experience. ACC is doing that quite effectively already but, could be even better in some areas. One in particular is the drive-train physics but, as you say, some of us are among the less-common due to our personal priorities and perhaps, even our hardware.

Turk likes this.
  12. ignission

ignission Simracer

Care to elaborate on drive-train physics and the effect of improving them in this sim would be regards handling? I’m genuinely interested.

13. Judging by his previous posts he wants them to be a canned (and over done) effect like in iracing.

14. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Man, was hoping for a big improvement patch today since it's been a week from release. At least have the career problems fixed, standing points, let us skip stuff, save/load properly, change settings...

15. ignission

ignission Simracer

Has there been any mention of when the new patch will be, or is it just a case of it’s ready when it’s ready?

16. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Nothing.

17. I think UE4 takes a while longer to patch and recompile compared to the AC engine , so a bit of patience guys.

18. ignission

ignission Simracer

Well I expect they’ll need sometime to put the next fix together as they only release the beta patch to the public on Monday. Hang in there :)

19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Michael, it's nice to read that you now have a motion rig to experience such effects (?)

I think you have confused iRacing with AC (which likely used a canned drive-train affect for audio purposes).

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  20. If I had that kind of money to waste I would spend it on a real car.
    Funny how clueless people think that spending money makes them experts.