1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I'm off to have some family dinner, but I expect dessert (hotfix) when I get back. :D

bgil66 likes this.
  2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thanks for the input and help :):cool:

Ok, I just went off what was showing in ACC.

I thought so but again I just went of what was showing in ACC.

Ok thanks it says that in wiki. This website was wrong https://www.topspeed.com/cars/lexus/2016-lexus-rc-f-gt3-by-f-performance-racing-ar171654.html

Are you sure? I read how they couldn't believe how far back the BMW motor was set and I also read the 2018 GTR is both lower and set further back from the 2015 version.

[​IMG]

DaveS78, Lawndart and Mitja Bonca like this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

updated:-

acc_car_engine.jpg

Freddie Seng likes this.
  4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yes, I'm pretty sure not a single GT3 has the (majority of the) engine in front of the front axle, which makes all of the front engined cars technically mid-engined.

Happy to be corrected though.

M6 and GT-R still read "Front Rear".

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Coanda likes this.
  5. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

In the M6 and the Nissan GT-R say that the engine is mounted front/rear. Is that possible? The engine is at the front and at the rear at the same time?
    If is at the front but after the front axle it would be Front Mid, isn't it?

6. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

you guys should stop doing all Kunos work:p;)
    good stuff

Coanda likes this.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

haha I wish mate... I have asked a few times and I also think some of this basic info should be in the UI however I guess something like that is very low priority at the moment..

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It was just my way of saying its a front mounted engine that is set further back. I guess it's technically not correct. :confused:

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

3rd time lucky :oops::confused::D

acc_car_engine.jpg

10. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I'm not sure either, I'm actually asking because I was in doubt.
    Remember that episode of Top Gear in which Matt Leblanc drives a green merc SLR? He explained that because it had the engine mounted after the front axle it was considered mid engine (I reckon he meant front/ mid engine).
    If the engine is over the front axle, would be more accurate 'front' only?
    Now, I'm curious to know what Eddie Jordan is after these days :p. Are you making a wiki?

Edited: found it!!

Coanda likes this.
  11. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

[​IMG]

The struggle continuous, while I hold my breath every 10 seconds when I refresh my browser. :D

Coanda likes this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Damn you & your 61 ms ping o_O:D:p jealous!

13. Yes his ping is quite high :p:D:p

Coanda likes this.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

mine is bigger than yours :p

acc_ks1.jpg

After_Midnight likes this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thanks for the video. I am all clear now ;)

Still tarting around I guess :D

Nah mate, just collecting some info for personal use and curiosity...

eRacer212 likes this.
  16. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Fairly easy to assemble.
    The most difficult part for me was putting the threaded helicoils into the extrusion due to having a slightly different type (they apparently make 2 types, one is easier than the other).
    The waiting for parts took about 5 weeks The printing took over 2 weeks. The assembly about 4 hours.
    It worked first time.

ignission likes this.
  17. ignission

ignission Simracer

Thanks for taking the time to reply, that’s interesting to know. I’ve been looking at this open source project for a while with a view to making a start toward the end of summer. Thanks again ;)

18. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Blimey, just seen an advert on TV for ACC. On Eurosport 2 in the UK after the end of the Diamond League coverage from Rome :)

Kunos have hit the big time now!

LeiF and chksix like this.
  19. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I was the same as you and too be honest it looked daunting and out of my reach. I had never had any interest in 3D printing so bad to learn that too.
    I was surprised that it was actually not to difficult at all and easily in the reach of most people who can use a spanner.

20. ignission

ignission Simracer

Yeah I had been thinking that I might be taking on a bit too much, but I’m keen to give it a go. Good to hear that you don’t have to be an engineer to get it up and running. :)