1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Barcelona DRS zone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Coanda, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Since the latest introduction in v1.7 where the DRS auto closes once outside the DRS zone i have noticed the end point for the start/finish straight zone is well short by aprox 150-200m in single player mode. This is killing the top end speed for the f138. I have looked at real onboard footage from 2013 & 2016 and the end point is roughly on the 50m mark into T1. Could someone please guide me on what value i should replace in the DRS_Zone.ini file?And also what that correct value should be.

I have created a bug thread here:- https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/barcelona-drs-zone-2-wrong-length.35025/

Current data:-

[ZONE_0]
    DETECTION=0.916
    START=0.995
    END=0.116

[ZONE_1]
    DETECTION=0.595
    START=0.654
    END=0.743

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Barcelona DRS zone 2 wrong length Aug 1, 2016
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Can’t get 3rd star at Barcelona Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Barcelona Turn 10 graphical texture issue May 29, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC][PC][GT3][GT4] ACRL Multi-Class 6 Hours of Barcelona| 4th Sept Aug 14, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Barcelona | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Jul 3, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Barcelona - Catalunya | Hot Lap | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:43.080 May 27, 2021
    ACC General Discussions The change on Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, t10 May 18, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Hotlap and Setup with Formula Hybrid 2021 @ Barcelona May 6, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Problem Circuit Barcelona 2020 Feb 13, 2021
    ACC Gameplay AI @Barcelona hitting sausage curb, spin, hit the wall on inlap Nov 26, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI bug on Barcelona in qualifying Jul 1, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Barcelona gp, F138 advicr Jun 2, 2020
    ACC Physics Tyre wear - final career race at Barcelona Apr 19, 2020
    General modding discussion Editing barcelona kerbstones Feb 26, 2020
    Bug reports 2nd Stint in Barcelona Career Mode Feb 5, 2020

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There is a dev app that sets DRZ zones in car, use this to set the zones and it will create a file called drs_zones.ini.candidate in the same location as the original drs_zones.ini, you just need to remove the .candidate from the file name and it will use that. You also will need to delete or rename the other maybe to drs_zones.ini.bak for backup etc.

For MP the DRS zones are set by the drs_zones.ini uploaded to the server but for single player its using the one in your track folder. This is another clear issue with DRS cars and RSR as it currently doesnt monitor this file and someone can easily make DRS available all track and gain heaps of time per straight. In Mp the DRS zones will be the default unless changed and ingame simply using the electronic app will show where the DRS zones start and stop.

There is also an activation zone you create via the DRS zones app but this isnt functional as yet, will be good once it is so you wont have DRS each lap only in qualy or when within 1 sec and DRS is enabled.

Coanda likes this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

legend Marty! that app gave me the coordinate i needed. I believe the end point for zone 0 should be set as below. Hopefully Kunos will set this correctly for others in 1.7.6. I hear you about RSR. It is a real shame holes like this and track temps exist. It would be a great product otherwise. Some of the phantom times set there i just cant take seriously..

[ZONE_0]
    DETECTION=0.916
    START=0.995
    END=0.170

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Would the end point be around the apex of the next corner. In real use DRS goes off as the brakes are applied so having them at the apex or close to would seem like the best option. Maybe all official tracks will need to be adjusted if more are ending drs before the brake zones.

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I set this on the horizontal line that crosses track just before t1 at the end of the pit exit line. This point is exactly where it is in real life and is after the braking point. Maybe tomorrow I will go and test a few other tracks to see if they are correctly set.

See the 13 sec mark of this magic lap:-

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Marty i took your advice for Silverstone and slightly increase each end point as you can slightly brake after the original values set.

New Silverstone:-

[ZONE_0]
    DETECTION=0.123
    START=0.201
    END=0.320

[ZONE_1]
    DETECTION=0.596
    START=0.707
    END=0.845

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

New Spa:- A slight change to the start point after E.R. as you could activate DRS approx 5m before the DRS line.

[ZONE_0]
    DETECTION=0.940
    START=0.981
    END=0.050

[ZONE_1]
    DETECTION=0.109
    START=0.234
    END=0.334

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

New RB Ring:- Slight change to the start point of the start/finish line zone as it would originally activate approx 1-2m after the DRS sign

[ZONE_0]
    DETECTION=0.867
    START=0.9275
    END=0.064

[ZONE_1]
    DETECTION=0.203
    START=0.315
    END=0.460

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

New Monza:- A slight change to the start point of the start/finish line zone as it would originally activate approx 1m before the DRS sign

[ZONE_0]
    DETECTION=0.880
    START=0.029
    END=0.152

[ZONE_1]
    DETECTION=0.482
    START=0.537
    END=0.674

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

New Nurburgring GP (layout a):- A few tweaks. The end point on the start/finish line was originally set very early at approx 100m braking mark.

[ZONE_0]
    DETECTION=0.642
    START=0.737
    END=0.871

[ZONE_1]
    DETECTION=0.925
    START=0.978
    END=0.110

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Lord Kunos - Any chance of getting the DRS zones set correctly in the upcoming release? Data has been provided to speed the process. It was mention a few builds back that this will be fixed however it still remains undone.