1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Best Settings Radeon 7870 ???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Deleted member 14921, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Hi Guys,

what settings are the best for the Radeon 7870 ?
    ( my graphic card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition OC, 2GB )

Here are my settings in game, and in the AMD CCC:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

With these settings I have 60-70 fps in Game.

There are still settings that I should change?
    Or so I've already chosen the best settings?

What do you think?

Thanks for the replies ;)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Best settings for Nitro 5 with I7 11800H, RTX 3060 and 16 GB of Ram Jun 10, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC G923 PS5 Best settings Force Feedback??? Feb 25, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality What is the best cpu/gpu combo to run ACC at max settings Sep 2, 2021
    Console Lounge Best G920 settings Oct 12, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I FOUND THE BEST CONTROLLER SETTINGS Jul 18, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Best VR settings? [editing engine.ini can compromise game looks/performance/reliability] May 27, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Best Settings for Valve Index and 2080Ti/9900KS Jan 21, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Best vr settings for valve index Sep 29, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Best Settings VR > 1080ti / Rift S Aug 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Best AI settings . Jul 23, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Best settings for i5/GTX1060 May 30, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality What are the best Settings for WMR headsets does anyone have one ? Apr 11, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Best Settings XB1 Controller on PC Version May 10, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Fanatec Porsche GT2 (GT3RS and similar wheels in series). Settings. Best firmware and drivers. Oct 22, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Best settings for 4K May 21, 2017

3. Danny Irving

Danny Irving Racer

Those options seem ok, I turned AA & AS down from 8x to 2x and barely noticed any difference in jaggies.. i noticed huge fps gains though :D

also the words for Application settings in German are really really long, took me a while to type them in google to find out what they meant :D

Deleted member 14921 likes this.
  4. Hey Danny, sorry...i forgot to turn it in english bevore i take the Snapshots. ;)

5. Danny Irving

Danny Irving Racer

Don't worry about it, I like learning new words :) I'm pretty positive you already have 13.12 drivers installed? they might help you gain performace, http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 7 - 64

these are my settings. from the video.ini in Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg

[VIDEO]
    FULLSCREEN=0
    ANISOTROPIC=2
    AASAMPLES=2
    VSYNC=0
    AAQUALITY=0
    SHADOW_MAP_SIZE=2048
    DISABLE_HDR=1
    FPS_CAP=0
    WIDTH=1360
    HEIGHT=768
    INDEX=32
    REFRESH=60

[CAMERA]
    MODE=DEFAULT ; DEFAULT | TRIPLE

[EFFECTS]
    MOTION_BLUR=0
    FXAA=2

[CUBEMAP]
    SIZE=512
    FACES_PER_FRAME=1
    FARPLANE=500

[MIRROR]
    SIZE=256

[ASSETTOCORSA]
    HIDE_ARMS=0
    LOCK_STEER=0
    WORLD_DETAIL=5

[SATURATION]
    LEVEL=100

My screen resolution sucks but on tracks like mugello i'm getting maximum 180fps & that's with a worse graphics card than yours :D

6. I have an oc'ed ATI HD7950 3GB, and is quite unplayable with AA4X and Maximum World Detail, i don't how your system can handle it decently :S
    (I test my configurations during replays, 'cause onboard seems too be a little smooth with more fps, not the real graphic load)

7. Danny Irving

Danny Irving Racer

Check what Cubemaps is set too, I "can" set it on medium but i get micro-stutters, so i have it on low. I was surprised too :D my computer is a pos lol

8. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Put cubemaps to LOW and faces per frame to 6.

9. Sm1ggs

Sm1ggs Racer

Turn AF to 8x , it has a big fps hit also 4xAA should look fine , shadows on medium , I use these settings and it looks great

10. Zantium

Zantium Racer

Are you running triple screens? I have the same card as you and at 4xAA, 16AF, max world detail and high shadows if I turn off Vsync I'll get 120-195 fps, but mostly around 150-180 fps. What fps are you seeing?

11. ronzer

ronzer Gamer

I have the same card as you and run triple screens and have no problem running this game. I turn world detail off. and shadows on low.

12. How much fps on board (min/max), and how much during replays? Thanks
    With AA4X AF16X world LOW shadow LOW, cubemaps LOW, NO vsync, in replay (imola with 458) i get from 30 to 45 fps, unplayable :/ really bad

Tried different drivers.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  13. Stepy

Stepy Racer

I have the same card and get 60fps with the setting on my sig

14. Maybe a power supply problem? I didn't notice fps drops, it just running very low in replays, during driving i got better fps, for sure, but very strange to me.

15. OH MY GOD, with your exact game configuration during replay i get from 10 to 20fps maximum, dear lord!! what's happening, i got a lot of free ram and my cpu works at 40% maximum!!

16. david64bit

david64bit Gamer

Maybe your GPU-Clocks are messed up?

17. Dodger77

Dodger77 Racer

I get 60-70 fps on Mugello with this settings but AA x2 and it drops to 35-45 with AA x4...

18. No, benchmark test and other games are fine. Also my versione is overclocked.

19. Me too, i can't understand how Stepy can handle 60fps with aa8x on HD7950 like mine (a bit faster than your 7870, but not so different)

20. david64bit

david64bit Gamer

There are different versions of the 7950. Some cards hat the Tahiti XT and some had the Tahiti Pro Chip. The Tahiti XT versions can be flashed to the 7970.

21. Yes, but not in this case, and from 10-20fps to 60fps there is too much performance difference. Totally different from the real gap between 7950 and 7970, isn't it? It's just a bit faster the 7970