1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

BMW M4 top speed, 185+ MPH ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Orne, May 30, 2017.

1. Orne

Orne Alien

In AC the top speed is listed as 250 km/h or 155 MPH. Is there a reason I'm able to exceed this ? I was able to reach 185 mph at Highlands Long in the stock M4, default setup, Optimum grip on the out lap.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting BMW M6 Top Speed Bug [Wind] Oct 17, 2020
    ACC Physics Constant loss of topspeed BMW M6 Nov 20, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Replay of pit stop, BMW sinks in tarmac, wrong wheels animation Nov 15, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Bmw racecars running on bump stops Aug 5, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Bmw z4 gt3 digital display being drawn on top of windows Nov 23, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues BMW e30 DTM/Group A not stopping Apr 6, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues BMW M3 (E92) impossible top speed (+320km/h) Nov 17, 2013
    ACC Gameplay Can’t Choose BMW for Sprint Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Physics New physics didn't work for the BMW M4 GT3 May 2, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos BMW M4 at Spa Multiplayer May 2, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars BMW M2 CS Mar 5, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions BMW m2 Jan 3, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos My Valentino Rossi BMW M4 livery - DOWNLOAD - Dec 18, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos BMW M Team WRT 2023 Dec 17, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Problem when I try to shift down with BMW GT3 2022 Jul 14, 2022

3. Slamdrunken

Slamdrunken Racer

there is no speed limiter on AC, only in real life

Epistolarius and LeDude83 like this.
  4. Orne

Orne Alien

Well without the limiter, top speed is apparently 189 mph

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Orne - they should have taken some fuel out :eek:

paul_wev likes this.
  6. Orne

Orne Alien

hahaha totally ! :eek:

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

For cars by the BMW M-division, you can usually let them take the speed limiter off.
    A couple of other manufacturers provide that service for their cars as well.

Sometimes they have ridiculous rules to do so. e.g. I remember that would request for a racing licence to remove the limiter.

8. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Pretty easy to remove the factory limit on all cars with the right software..

9. Skybird

Skybird Alien

There are so many big apes overestimating their skills or racing on public roads - and injuring other people in their races, so what is so ridiculous in that rule? No plane flying without a plane license, no gun owning without a gun license, no superfast car driving without a racing license. To park into a parking lot backwards, and staying in control at 200 mph, are two very different things.

I would fix that speed limiter at even much lower speeds, btw. My family was hit twice by azzes who did not care to act reasonably and killed people we loved by their car "driving". Never forgotten. Never forgiven.

Just look at how many accidents there are on trackdays at the Nordschleife per year, and how drmatically some drivers mishandle their cars there, or do not understand what their car as it is can do - and what not.

10. fr13del

fr13del Racer

:mad:

Damn right. Never forgotten. Never forgiven. - Thats for sure. Sad to hear about your family.
    Was crashed by one of those stupid wannabes at the countryside, me was drivin around 70km/h. The front of my car was crashed, luckily this guys car was completely wrecked, so it wasn't that cheap for him. No one was injured, so that guy was real lucky. If my wife has got injured, i have killed him and all those in his car right there.

sissydriver likes this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Many people forget one thing:
    In Germany its allowed to drive as fast as you want on the "Autobahn" (when there is no speed limit).
    But!
    When you drive faster than 130 km/h you are minimum 20% guilty (? - bad english sorry).

I drove a lot fast in my life - but now with little children and a wife that works as child nurse i love it that my fun with speed and my agression on the street can be kept in front of the monitor.
    Driving AC since February i feel and see everyday that i drive more and more passive and slow.
    Thats an aspect really surprising me but i love it.

So - dont be so reckless with speed!

@Skybird - Sad to hear this....:(

fr13del likes this.
  12. Orne

Orne Alien

I'd argue that its the M4's 406 lb-ft torque that gets people in trouble more so than its top speed, at least for those who lack good sense and skill and are foolish enough to drive the car with traction and stability control disabled.

BrandonW77 likes this.
  13. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

You got a problem with my quote?
    I work as a mechanic it's part of my job to know how to do this and all other electronic procedures.
    Was the car that hit you delimited?
    I've also had friends die on the road, family members hit by speeding drunks whilst out walking etc etc...none of those cars were delimited either.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  14. Orne

Orne Alien

So have we established the cars in AC aren't speed limited? If so, I guess we can shut this thread down, lol

Mogster and Tomcul like this.