1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Brun's Donington Park updated!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chazz Ranger, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Dookie, Solmyr, Matty28 and 9 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Donington | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO - 1:26.430 Aug 13, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Donington One-off Race this sunday @ 7 pm gmt ($50 prize pool) Jun 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assisted Racing Line on Donington May 4, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Is there a known issue with track medals at Donington? Feb 15, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars *Fixed* Donington Park, Glowing Guys *Fixed* Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Donington Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Bad performance at Donington [insufficient information] Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Bad performance at Donington Feb 11, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit 1938 0.9 Sep 21, 2017
    Online Leagues / Championships room Etcc bmw cup series - round 1 donington Oct 6, 2015
    Online Leagues / Championships room Gt3 series - donington park weds 22/07 Jul 20, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dtm cup - round 3 - donington Apr 21, 2015
    Screens & Videos E30 group a @donington pedal cam warm up/practice Feb 10, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Race against ai in donington - issues Jan 18, 2015
    Screens & Videos Simracingpro assetto corsa meet up - ginetta gt4 - donington national Dec 22, 2014

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

New version looks nicer but I found I had lots of objects popping in very late and pretty close to me which I dont like much. I dont remember that in earlier builds of the track, I think mostly its the catch fence popping in and its quite annoying as it does it at most parts of the track. This is running on triple screen with maxed settings so maybe the LOD's need some work. Great track otherwise but the pop in I wonder if others are getting too and maybe would be good to have this fixed.

4. alex72

alex72 Alien

Well, there are more at the top class. LilSki's tracks. Rigel and the boys. I mean, Riverside, Bridgehampton, Modena, VIR, Tor Poznan. All top notch.

And yes. Donnington update is awesome! Dat plane taking off. :D Just some popping fences and spectators that im sure gets fixed. :)

Szymik and Andy-R like this.
  5. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Thank's for the appreciation :)

Regarding the fences, for some reason that's only apparent with 4x AA because the combination of specular and transparency renders completely differently (also totally unlike the editor, which doesn't help). When AA is set to 2x (as it was when I was testing, obviously) you don't see the pop-in because the fence isn't even visible until the object is closer than the draw distance. To be honest the spec on the fence doesn't look great anyway so I'll tone that down or even lose it completely.

Difference between 2x and 4x AA...

[​IMG]

That and the other LOD issues should be straightforward to fix and hopefully won't noticeably reduce performance. Rather than rush a new version out I'll wait until the weekend in the hope that I get it done properly.

Edit - removed nonsensical bit about AI after realising that was something mentioned over at RD :confused:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    Dookie, deci, alex72 and 9 others like this.
  6. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

So you guys have only seen the big plane not the two jets flyby? I was looking on a replay and had a WTF was that moment...... :)

Looking forward on the update.

Seria17hri11er and pika4u like this.
  7. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Ooh getting the update now, can't wait to look at them planes. :D

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  8. I am not a big fan of anything other than balloons in the air over race circuits, but then balloons would be a bit of a hazard over a race track that is directly in line with the approach and departure paths of airliners from East Midlands airport!

BrunUK likes this.
  9. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Always thought the road texture was a bit meh, now it looks great!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  10. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Me too!
    :cool:

GRFOCO and Seria17hri11er like this.
  11. could you update some corner concrete exit to green like int he real track?

12. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Planned for version 2.0

(not currently in development)

Ischemica and BrandonW77 like this.
  13. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

I have many track-hours at Donnington in other sims so thank you for all your work making it for AC. I have never installed an add-on track in AC because of two concerns: (i) will it complicate automatic game updates from Steam and (ii) as a 95% singleplayer user, I wonder how the AI works on modded tracks because it's not without its problems (still) on official tracks. If anyone could take a moment to address these concerns I would be very grateful and will d/l Donnington right away. Many thanks!

14. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Won't affect steam updates in the slightest.

AI may be a bit ropey and is probably slower that it should be. That really shouldn't stop you downloading and a 200MB mod and finding out for yourself tho, I'm pretty confident it compares well against any other similar version.

jonnyboy_99 likes this.
  15. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Done! Many thanks.

16. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Apologies for silly autocorrect above. In the pub on the phone.

17. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Well in that case, I will buy you a pint the next time I am back in the homeland.

18. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

You're missing a lot if you don't try mod tracks like Donington, Paul Ricard, VIR, Riverside, Bridgehampton etc. Adding these mods absolutely does not affect steam updates. I play a lot on VIR lately and the AI there is great.

19. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Thank you! I will take your advice and get VIR, which I remember enjoying in iRacing or some OG sim.

20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Sorry for being OT a bit, but VIR mod track has an awesome AI, on par with official tracks IMO, so it depends on the work of the devs/modders.

Can't comment on Donington regarding AI because I never raced AI there.
    Great track and mod, still need some getting used to the lines with different cars, although I raced at Donington quite some laps in several games.

21. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Sure; blame autocorrect :D