1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Budget button box

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by rycil, Jul 16, 2016.

1. rycil

rycil Simracer

As we are able to map a lot of stuffs with buttons now, I would like to know what would be the best choice for a button box, let's say 12 buttons, as I run out of button on my wheel now! :)

Thanks.

coret3x likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Budget game TV Feb 6, 2020
    Chit Chat Room VR on a budget! May 14, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions T80 or T100? Low-Budget guy asks for help Dec 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Low Budget Steering Wheel Jun 18, 2016
    Sounds modding Medium Budget Microphone Setup Feb 1, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Budget pc wheel Mar 29, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Budget pc build Jan 4, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Can not click on GUI buttons of Apps Tuesday at 4:22 PM
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Button "onClick" not working: solved Mar 20, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Update the button layout options for controllers. Mar 3, 2024
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Button Assignments Dec 23, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Invisible steering wheel/driver and greyed out button Jul 23, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Can't set button for mid race save replay... May 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Button box Mar 5, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game won't start after pushing "play" button from steam Jan 28, 2023

3. IMrIMike

IMrIMike Hardcore Simmer

Get a cheap usb controller, take it apart and use the circuit to solder some buttons on it. Get a fitting wooden box ( or build it by yourself, not that hard ), cut out some holes, paint or wrap it and install the buttons. Done :)

AccAkut likes this.
  4. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I don't know how well you can bind AC functions now, but maybe a cheap external USB numpad attached easily(blu-tac for instance) to your wheel hub could do the trick

[​IMG]

coret3x and Vel like this.
  5. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

PS3 wireless mini keyboard :)

[​IMG]

6. schmron

schmron Racer

Kopiller likes this.
  7. LIONER

LIONER Hardcore Simmer

YOU WON XD

8. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

5 responses without a single suggestion to what the OP asked. Not surprising here... :rolleyes:

I would check out Derek Spear Designs website. He offers a lot of different types of button boxes, some less than $100, which I think is pretty fair. His stuff looks very top of the line quality too. He's known for making very high-end brakes too. You might not have planned to spend $100 on a button box, but remember, you get what you pay for! One of his boxes will probably last you a lifetime. Good luck!

F1Aussie likes this.
  9. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

You kind of missed OP said "budget"

Dewald Nel, AccAkut and Jack_NL like this.
  10. Octane

Octane Simracer

I'm can recommend this company. I picked up the box in the next to last row on the far right (15 inputs) and it works well as described. Inexpensive, but nice quality in my opinion.

http://simgarage.com/standard-boxes.html

They emailed and asked about colors and if I had a preference where the USB cord exits, etc...

Its a U.S. based operation. I don't know their international shipping policies.

11. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

I think the better cheaper option is the diy arduino way, i recomend a teensy https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/teensyLC.html 27 in/outs and buy some buttons, pots, encoders,switches in aliexpress, very basic solder skills and very very basic programming skills

rycil likes this.
  12. norbs

norbs Alien

Arduino leonardo (emulates joystick) $15
    Old hard drive enclosure (laying around)
    Buttons from ebay 20 for $4
    CF vinyl ebay $6

[​IMG]

ZethGAF, Lgt.t, rycil and 5 others like this.
  13. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

How about using an Ipad? what and where can I find an app? I have seen one for Iracing,but could not find one for AC.

15. schmron

schmron Racer

16. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Cote Dazur likes this.
  17. Mark_McQ

Mark_McQ Racer

MrDoku and Phil64 like this.
  18. ouvert

ouvert Alien

or instead of arduinos you can use board from cheapo controller/joystick/gamepad/anythink that has buttons and USB cable. Take out the board, buy case in your electroshop ...skips the need for coding and cables are already sticking out of board .. ~15-20USD ...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  19. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

rycil likes this.
  20. schmron

schmron Racer

No it isn't. You can get all this components for 30€ (incl. shipping) (except if you living in alaska)

*edit*
    I want say: this isn't budget ;)

21. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, I know. But only if you're one of those people that like to build stuff from pieces, which I'm not.
    (I didn't buy such a button box yet, but I'm also looking around.)

I guess that's heavily subjective.
    (Not saying it is budget, though.)