1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Buggy XB1 AC Made Me Go PC!!!!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by BiggNasty187, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Photonmonkey

Photonmonkey Racer

..in your opinion, of which you are entitled of course, I am not of the same opinion and am quite happy with my PS4 for now. No interest in wasting hard earned cash on a PRO, havnt even bothered with 4K TV until there is more content. Each to their own ;)

iwanchek likes this.
  2. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

So therefore you're running a outdated gpu just like you said happens on pc that leaves people needing an upgrade??

kofotsjanne likes this.
  3. Photonmonkey

Photonmonkey Racer

I give up, my point is that on console the hardware doesn't change, on PC everyone is running different rigs, motherboard, CPU, memory GPU etc etc, therefore the software never runs the same on 2 differently configured machines, on console the game will run the same regardless. Yes the console will be outdated hardware compared to cutting edge PC tech but programmers know exactly what they are working with from the get go!

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

edit:

i think the horse is dead already

5. Welcome to the real world

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

6. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

I understand your point but not sure if you do..
    In your opinion a few posts ago you said that on pc you need to keep updating, so by that I'm guessing you mean a gtx1080 is outdated once the gtx1080ti comes out...so by that means your PS4 is now out dated because PS4 pro is out and Xbox will be outdated once Xbox Scorpio comes out..

Fact is that you could have bought a pc when PS4 launched with the same or a bit more power and it'd be still working fine now and with a new gpu fitted could match or surpass a PS4 pro if you did feel the need for more power.

7. Photonmonkey

Photonmonkey Racer

I was just giving my opinions on why I am sticking to console (for now). Anyone would think I had started an anti PC gaming campaign!

In reference to the original post I was stating I shouldn't be forced to buy a PC because the console version is not up to par. Whilst I appeciate that PC is where the roots of Assetto are, I think Kunos should at least focus on finishing what was started on Console.

I am hopeful the next update will finally address a lot of the issues.

In the mean time thank you all for your PC based words of wisdom

You never know in a few months maybe I will be cheering that I have made 'the jump' and 'converted' ;)

BiggNasty187 and fbetes like this.
  8. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Which explains why AC runs so smoothly and flawlessly on Xbox One.

ppbucko and BiggNasty187 like this.
  9. Photonmonkey

Photonmonkey Racer

I wasn't solely talking about AC or there would be no point to this thread, clearly AC on XBOX needs a lot more work and so does the PS4 version. Kunos need to provide more dev resource to the Console release, as other people have mentioned the next 'major' update will be the one that probably makes or breaks it for AC on console. Let's see how 'major' it is. If we get another smattering of minor fixes it's not going to go down very well no doubt.

ppbucko likes this.
  10. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

I agree. The last couple of patches appear to have fixed sod-all of any note. They have prepared the ground for Porsches but little else. The game still runs at a fraction of the framerate of it's rivals (que a response from someone about how much more advanced the physics are though), and the AI now have a phobia of overtaking. It's like the arse doesn't know what the elbow is doing. Fix a minor, create a major, ignore all the known majors. Six months after release and this still isn't much better than the game I played on the day of release, when I left for my holiday in France in August thinking "that game will be awesome by Christmas". Little did I know. I just want it to fulfill expectation, because if it ever does it'll be the best racing game ever on console. As it stands, it's a distant second with a lot of track to make up.

ppbucko likes this.
  11. BiggNasty187

BiggNasty187 Gamer

I did not start this thread with the hope to incite violence amongst you all.

I am simply stating that going over to the the PC is purely due to the state of the Xbox One version.

I think we all can agree that the XB1 version of AC is in a fairly sad state. (More so thy Han the PS4 version)

I just have so much love for Assetto Corsa that I was willing to build a PC to fully satisfy my lust for Assetto Corsa in what can only be described as the most perfect form possible.

With that being said, please behave yourselves, and show the forum the respect it deserves.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    ppbucko likes this.