1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Can you set ac to load a particular car setup each time?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by crabbie, Dec 27, 2015.

1. crabbie

crabbie Gamer

I have started to play with car setups and was wondering if I have to load my new setup manually each time I choose the car - or can I set it up, to load automatically?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting AI Skill resetting to 100% when loading a saved game Feb 21, 2024
    General modding discussion Assetto Corsa Editor Download Jul 18, 2023
    ACC Gameplay TC and ABS settings not loading into session. Jan 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezes after loading saved car setup Jul 15, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Loading wrong video and wheel settings Nov 6, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues assetto corsa replay not opening after loading 16th car? Apr 29, 2021
    ACC Physics 1.7.6 setup loading crash car Mar 8, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Downloading assetto competizione, whats next. Feb 28, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Not loading custom presets? Feb 13, 2021
    ACC Gameplay save and load presets Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Custom setups do not get loaded Jan 1, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions No Settings for Loadcell Brake Pedal Jun 24, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Load different graphics settings at startup May 22, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Car flipping over before driving when saved setup is loaded Apr 25, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Default control presets not loading since 1.3.10 Apr 24, 2020

3. Sadly it's not possible although I think that would be a good thing.
    netKar Pro went one step further by leaving the car exactly as you left it setup, fuel and tyre wise... which I like even more because that's how it works in real life: you finish a race, load the car on the truck and go home, after 2 weeks you show up at the track again, the car didn't magically revert to a "default" setup while sitting in the truck :p
    The problem with that is that it quickly becomes messy when you do a car update, perhaps change some setup ranges or things like that and the software still goes and loads an old state that is not "valid" anymore. With netKar I've also seen instances of corrupted saves.
    I ended up giving up on the idea in the latest versions of netKar PRO and we decided to keep the behavior for AC because it makes support much easier as we always know the car loads up in a "valid" state.

4. Interestingly, that is exactly what happens with my A2A Simulations Piper Cherokee 180 in Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (my flight simulator).

5. crabbie

crabbie Gamer

OK. Thanks for explaining it. I will deal with it - just have to remember to load the setup...

6. NightEye

NightEye Alien

Thinking out loud here:
    I usually only fiddle with camber, fuel and aero and have almost no track specific setups, so I always make one in "general" and save it as "race". Is it not possible to load only the changes made on default rather than a whole setup with all its values? This way, if something in a car changes (which, by the way, doesn't happen too often I guess), it is usually not affected by loading the setup changes.

I'd much rather have AC load my generic setup by default and break it once a year because of an update, than having to manually load one myself. But perhaps I'm just being lazy :p

7. YardStick

YardStick Gamer

Also I often save some sort of basic setup in the general folder, and far as I know AC also saves the last used unsaved setup as "last" in there. So it smells like the feature is already half way there.. ;)

I would love to have a possibility to automatically load a "user made default setup" on session start.

Excuse me for kicking this around for a while, but this inspires me...
    Maybe this 'general setup folder' could be used for it? In example one could save a setup there and name it "default" to let the game know that's the one user wants to be loaded for starters... That way you could still use the "last" setup, or revert back to factory default if needed. And you could still keep saving other setups in the general folder too.

Hmm...

8. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

This sounds like a workable idea. Combined with a way to delete setups it would be quite useful for us that like to fiddle with setups.