1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Cat paw-like dirt whirl

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PetarBlade, Jan 8, 2014.

1. PetarBlade

PetarBlade Rookie

I was just looking at the stunning Stallions Assetto Corsa video and was really impressed. Then as I was reading comments on fb page, some people noticed something very interesting.
    Dirt whirl looks just like cat paws! It's funny and cute at the same time. Now I'm just wondering if that is designed that way as a tribute to cats (Which I suppose it is, since Stefano loves 'em, has and had one... Hence the Kunos logo) or is it a coincidence. (Which I don't think it is)
    Is it going to stay that way? :)

Here are some screens:
    http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/3823/fezl.jpg
    http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/488938501568801579/E2380DA3965DB830FBFDF33C31B668B95258779F/

2. Empty Box

Empty Box Simracer

Either reference to their logo, or someone used the wrong brush in photoshop and didn't realize it. :p

I vote to keep it.

3. Kunos was the name of a cat Stefano had and their logo is a cat so not a coincidence for sure......It is completely awesome though, especially how you only notice it in slow motion.

4. A Cat lover here... and I love the puppy toe/kitty paw (known to be called both) dirt. :p

5. Queequeg

Queequeg Racer

It's awesome. And I say that as a dog owner.

PetarBlade likes this.
  6. xaotik

xaotik either ether or the other Staff Member KS Dev Team

Insider info: the cat paw was laser-scanned. *shhhh*

Fear, Alberto Llinares, Jaye and 12 others like this.
  7. toffytofik

toffytofik Gamer

:D:D:D

Noticed that back in 0.1. Very nice touch!
    I love cats and always use an awsome service http://www.meowbify.com/ to make my web surfing experience really cat-friendly! :p

Coolio and PetarBlade like this.
  8. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

That's so cool... As long as there are no Mr Whippy type spirals ;)

9. PetarBlade

PetarBlade Rookie

Hahaha

I'm both, cat and dog lover so I don't mind that at all. :)
    I was just interested in what the devs were gonna say about it... First answer is really startling. haha

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Doesn't look like a cat's paws to me, but a dog's. Scottish border collie, to be precise.

:p

11. I noticed that some weeks ago. Definitely funny, let's keep it!

12. Darren Blythe

Darren Blythe Hardcore Simmer

That's cute. I like it. Proper 'kitty litter' :)

Sean likes this.
  13. Qazme

Qazme Gamer

You would think as many times as I've come off the track and done donuts I would have noticed that by now. ;-)

14. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

[​IMG]

Should introduce cat legs as our in car animations and stop being so subtle about his love for (not gonna go there) cats.

15. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

They should brong them back.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  16. +1 for laser scanned kittypaws!

17. This little story has increased my respect for Kunos even further. I love cats aswell, so knowing that the company is named after a cat makes me feel all warm and fluffy inside :D