1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Chase the rabbit

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Bibbles, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Ok before I start ( Im not slating the game )

Since the update I've noticed ( med & above ) that the lead car seems to much much faster than the rest of the pack by 5 plus secs a lap in some cases. Now I accept irl some driver's are quite a bit faster than others but this is like ever race .

I've just done a career race to check my findings ( BMW 1M ) and the lead AIs lap time was 2:23.584 ( first place ) me 2nd 2:24.133 3rd was 2:27.320 the rest were all pretty close , this isn't just a one off most every race Ive done since the update have been the same the lead AI just goes way ahead.
    Its feeling a little like GT in the sence that your just chasing down the rabbit.

I'm having some really epic races with some great battles I just wish the lead AI was better balanced in the difficulty class , it feels like im racing in my correct difficulty but an AI from the class above has some how bugged in ?

Its like all the AI are at one level bar one , If I drop my difficulty so as to be able to compete with that lead AI the rest become to easy.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Odyssey G9 chase view split screen Aug 21, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Chase cam view replay on Odyssey G9 Aug 18, 2022
    ACC Physics Old Porsche cup uncontrolabel in the Chase Mt Panorama Apr 14, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Steam Purchase question Jan 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS5 ACC purchased GT4 pack still shows locked Sep 1, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Risky Purchase - laptop VR May 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Purchased CSW Bundle Aug 4, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Controller disconnect after Intercontinental DLC purchase Jul 23, 2020
    Console Lounge Connecting purchased DLC Apr 10, 2020
    ACC Audio Crackling/static noise when using Porsche 911 GT3 in chase cam, is this normal? Feb 8, 2020
    ACC Audio 1.0.6 Ferrari chase camera engine sound Jul 13, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Set default view to cockpit view instead of chase cam, when selecting instant replay after pause? Feb 3, 2019
    ACC Audio Chase Camera Engine Sound volume issue Jan 21, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting NOT Fixed - Fixed a chase cam rotation bug. Jan 17, 2019
    ACC User Interface Replay chase camera wrong, resume camera wrong Dec 16, 2018

3. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Was the same pre-patch as well. Project cars also does this.
    I think it maybe something to do with everyone other than 1st place defending their position from the ai car behind them and therefore putting in slower lap times.

Bibbles likes this.
  4. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Can't say I have this issue with Pcars but don't really want to bring Pcars into the thread .

I understand what you saying but if that was the case at least 2 or 3 cars would get a good lead not just one every time.

5. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

It does happen in pCARS too, but not as bad as Forza used to be (don't know what it's like recently). I've noticed perhaps a couple of cars in AC breaking off from the pack but not too badly as of yet. I've found the pack grouping quite good so far actually. I, too, dislike having races against 1 other fast car out front. I hope to not see it much in AC but time will tell.

Bibbles likes this.
  6. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Forza 6 was terrible for it I remember , I just hoping AC's AI are also a work in progress because on the whole they produce some dam good race's.

7. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

Yes indeed. They've made massive changes to the open wheel AI too. Was driving the Lotus Exos and now it's possible for the AI to spin out, or be spun round under contact which didn't happen before. They generally look and behave a lot more believably after the patch. Good work all round.

Bibbles likes this.
  8. Steven Watson

Steven Watson Rookie

Do you think an AI slider bar would help, or slowing the lead car down?

9. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

No that would just slow them all down and that's not whats needed, I find the AI on the whole very good its just the one rouge that needs to go back to his own higher level.