1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Clipping

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Laces, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Laces

Laces Rookie

Hi guys

Just a quick one as I couldn't find anything obvious explaining this, but how do we know on console if the wheel is clipping or not?

As far as I can find there's no FFB clipping app like PC or PCars to show this and I'm worried I'm overloading my wheel.

I have a T150 and currently I'm running gain at 40 and everything else at 20 ( I did have road up at 50 too but the P1 shook the wheel out of my hands!!).

It feels great but just want to make sure it's not destroying my wheel.:)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay [Nords] AI clipping through ground at Pflanzgarten 1 jump Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Force Feedback Clipping calibration? Oct 2, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Camera clipping plane Apr 11, 2020
    Steering wheels discussions In game clipping meter Apr 8, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Grass clipping onto track and kerbs on Zandvoort Mar 14, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues Mount Panarama Car clipping through floor. Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Gameplay v1.2.3: Some AI consistently have clipping freakout trying to leave the pits. Dec 30, 2019
    ACC Audio 1.1 Clipping audio on scene change (TV cam) still not fixed Oct 23, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G25 FFB showing Red on HUD, clipping? Oct 19, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Glass clipping trough the number/name plate on upper right corner Mar 27, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Air line in pits defying physics and clipping through the car. Dec 14, 2018
    ACC Virtual Reality HUD elements clipping car and track Oct 12, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Triple monitor shadow clipping plane Jun 16, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Audi R18 e tron 2014 front wheels clipping through model Jun 6, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Rear Tires Clipping - LaFerrari May 20, 2017

3. Alex1996

Alex1996 Gamer

Don’t worry about the wheel, Thrustmaster’s ones are like the old Nokia’s cellphones: you can throw it through the window and it still works.
    About clipping, you can feel it especially when steering: if you feel a constant force (I mean completely constant, without any slight difference), the wheel is clipping. If you feel variations, littler or bigger, the wheel is working fine.
    Don’t make confusion about clipping and force of the wheel: Thrustmaster brakes your arms if compared to Logitech, but it doesn’t mean it’s clipping; then it depends on your tastes about how strong you want it.
    At the end, I’ve never felt clipping on AC, even with high values for the options.

4. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I nave a Thrustmadter T300 RS Ferrari and it is very reliable so I assume also yours is a good wheel.
    I take the chance of your thread to point out a consideration : sometimes I see people which make wheel settings corresponding to an heavy truck of 2nd world war. I mean generally sport cars do not need so much force. This is not realistic. Anyone does think that professional drivers race with a so hard wheel charge? Obviously is not like a city car but it not like a tank as well.

5. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

It's pretty simple to check. Take a car with good FFB, X-Bow or something. Disable ABS, take it out and flatspot it properly. Drive a lap with a good flatspot, and yiou should feel the flatspot all the time. Increase the FFB until you can't feel the flatspot any more. That means you are clipping properly. Lower the FFB a notch or two and you're good to go.

6. Laces

Laces Rookie

Sweet, I'll give the X-bow a go later hopefully and see what happens.

I was feeling loads of little Lumps And bumps all over the track as I was driving all the time so I think I should be good to go.
    It felt really good so it can't be that bad!!

Atle Dreier likes this.
  7. Horus

Horus Alien

A classy and simple method, nice one @Atle Dreier.

Atle Dreier likes this.