1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Compilation Cam and Slow Mo

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by Glen Orpheus, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

did a little compilation of some of my replays, think I'm getting better at this video editing thing too...lol
    best watching from youtube in 1080p
    hope you enjoy

2. panosdimp

panosdimp Gamer

Where did you find that look behind camera is it in the game ?
    Hi nice replay.Where did you find that look behind camera is it in game?

3. alex72

alex72 Alien

lol @ landmine. :D

Glen Orpheus likes this.
  4. juDDen

juDDen Rookie

Nice video. What program do you used to record it? I use Fraps and compress with Free Video Converter. But Fraps dont record all fps i think

5. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

hey man, i used this camera unlock mod to position the cam at the rear.
    glad you liked it :)

i use Shadowplay to record, much better than Fraps, but only for Nvidia cards I'm afraid. then i took all the clips to a MAC were i edited the clips in Final Cut Pro X before uploading to youtube......hope this helps ;)

6. panosdimp

panosdimp Gamer

Glen Orpheus likes this.
  7. alex72

alex72 Alien

I saw that video on free camera tutorial but i dont understand the language. :) So i understand to set camera onboard spherical to "0", but in the sim i dont know how to access it. I clicked through all the cameras but none of them let me move the camera around. Any idea?

Thanks. :)

8. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

for sure Alex
    you need to press F5 which will give you the Free play camera.
    then you can move it left and right forward and backwards with W,A,S,D keys while holding down ALT....also what the video neglected to say was that you can also move it up and down with the up and down cursor keys also while holding down ALT.
    looking forward to seeing your vid ;)

9. alex72

alex72 Alien

Thanks bud! :)

10. Dandaman

Dandaman Gamer

Hey guys, let me get on the run here and bug ya a bit about this Free Cam, which i just can't seem to work quite yet. I get cam view when i press F5, in some cars i can use the mouse and move around the car, zoom in & out, in other cars, i can only zoom in & out because it does the "360 movement already", what doesn't really work for me at all is the Alt + WASD keys to move the cam around. Curious to know if there's a fix or something :)

11. alex72

alex72 Alien

You have to go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

And open the file: camera_onboard_free.ini

And change: SPHERICAL_COORDS=0 to SPHERICAL_COORDS=1

Then it will work to move the camera around with alt+WASD, alt+XC (i think... for up/down), alt+FG (roll left/right), "+" and "-" on numkeys to change FOV for really cool shots.

Glen Orpheus likes this.
  12. Dandaman

Dandaman Gamer

Awesome! Thanks Alex72, Gonna give it a try then!

13. Dandaman

Dandaman Gamer

Yeah, i can zoom in & out with the mouse, click and drag it around the car, but Alt+wasd, xc, + or -, any key with alt doesn't work. Is there a way to config these manually?

14. alex72

alex72 Alien

That sounds weird my friend. If you change that line in the .ini then you should be able to move the camera. When you do it wrong or didnt change the right .ini then it behaves like you say - mouse works but not alt-WASD.

But if you did change the right one, then i have no idea what it can be. Does your ALT key work? :D Gotta ask. ;)

15. Dandaman

Dandaman Gamer

Totally weird! The Alt Key works. I changed the value from 0 to 1, very simple trick but just wont work. weird stuff!

16. alex72

alex72 Alien

No no no. The value should be "0". LOL! I made a mistake there. :D Change it to "0" and try again. ;)

17. Dandaman

Dandaman Gamer

LOL now we're talking!!! :) all good here. Thanks for the help there and sorry for any troubles or confusion. lol I'm trying to get some nice footage out of the game experience. Loving it so far!

alex72 likes this.
  18. alex72

alex72 Alien

Glad we sorted it out eventually. And yes, its great to take screens with it. Press "-" on the numkey pad to get the background closer and get a "fuller" shot of the car. You have to move the camera back to fit the car, but it looks juicy.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and press "+" on numkey to get much more FOV. That way you can take shots insde the car and get almost everything in your shot. Or for example if you want to have the whole rear wing of car taking almost all screen and still see the rest of the car you use "+". ;)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    Dandaman likes this.
  19. Dandaman

Dandaman Gamer

Ohh yes, wonderful stuff! Shooting away here! Fantastic! You notice when the HDR is on, you put a stronger % on the colors, slow motion out of focus becomes, almost real. AC doesn't have this 3D'ish glassy engine like Project CARS does i might be tripping balls but this sim is so unique on that matter.

20. Hirzo

Hirzo Racer

it this option still in game, can't find the file?