1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

drivetrain.ini alteration

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Coanda, May 16, 2017.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Following on from small discussion here:- https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/sequential-shift-cars.4691/

When testing sequential type cars in offline mode with either kunos or community made mods one of the problems I have encountered is on race start I am unable to pre select 1st gear whilst stationary on the grid. Therefore I can only select 1st gear once all red lights have gone out which I then have to quickly select 1st gear then launch. Because of this action I loose time off the line and sometimes a smooth get away. I believe what is dictating this unrealistic behaviour is the auto clutch function "USE_ON_CHANGES=1" within the drivetrain.ini file. I think the following functions should be considered and added for sequential gearboxes. Maybe its not and i am completely wrong. I't wont be the 1st time..

USE_ON_GEARS=1,2...
    USE_ON_UP_CHANGES=0
    USE_ON_DOWN_CHANGES=1

Even though I do not use driving aids such autoclutch I still believe this to be responsible as per the commentary. This says "Use the autoclutch on gear shifts even when autoclutch is set to off. Needed for cars with semiautomatic gearboxes. values 1,0"

I would like to see this functionality explored & hopefully added in hope for more realism on race starts and also to better serve cars such as V8 Supercars and other GT related sequential cars. Some of these race cars require different clutch activation approaches whilst being able to damage the gearbox if it is not done correctly. Currently there is no damage penalty for this.

I think this would really add alot to the realism.

Thank you for the consideration

Last edited: May 16, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues DRS zone alterations Aug 5, 2016

3. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

I think ( and somebody correct me if I am wrong) this is achievable when there is 3 lights on, not from the start. If you press the clutch and hold it, you are able to put in gear, but only about 5 secs before lights go out, or sooner.

I will test this with my mods, and let you know

Shaun

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I think i may have only seen this type of behavior in online multi player & it may have to do with how the server is setup around auto clutch.. im not 100% sure though. Thank you for testing. I use a clubsport v3 pedal and sq shifter.

5. Davemester

Davemester Racer

Eh dont you eev up in neutral and then just blast in in first to blast off? I do ir if there is no clutch. Or ami i missing smth?

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Davemester - No. Off the line 1st gear should be engaged & the clutch should be fed/used just like a manual transmission. My proposal is not entirely about race starts. It also handles gearbox damage for sequential shift cars.

Check this out ;)
    2+min mark

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  7. Davemester

Davemester Racer

Yeah i misunderstood xou. I rhought you talk about cars without clutch (as most sequential does mot have a manual). Gt3 cars of yourse clutch. :) You can chose it adter the 3rd red light. :)

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I am not sure where the confussion is.. "Some of these race cars require different clutch activation approaches whilst being able to damage the gearbox if it is not done correctly."

"When testing sequential type cars in offline mode"

You can not in offline. You can online depending on how the server is setup. It still wont damage the gearbox if heal & toe is not done correctly.

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I can confirm by setting a jump start penalty for offline races I am now able to select 1st gear whilst stationary throughout the start light procedure :)

One problem solved. I think it still would be nice to consider this request so that gearbox damage through improper clutch activation can be achieved.

10. Davemester

Davemester Racer

Yes, but this is what I dont understood above. I have this game for a half a year, only playing offilen, and I ALWAYS COULD select first gear during the light procedure. No matter the transmission, you can select any gear, after the 3rd or 4th light is lit.

Either with jumpo start, or with pit teleport.

Is it different with you?

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I had my jump start penalty set to "none" so because of this i was unable to select 1st gear for sequential or padel shift cars. H pattern was kind of ok, the game still thinks your in nutural however because you have selected a definitive 1st gear on your shifter as soon as the lights go out your in 1st and normal get away could be executed.