1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Error since v4.05 system update

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Mctavish, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Mctavish

Mctavish Rookie

Ay up all :)

Well the long and short of it is,since the 4.05 ps4 update earlier today,every time I try to run a quick race in the special events section I get to the driving options screen,hit start and receive the following error...

An error has occurred in the following application:

(CE-34878-0)

Hotlap and time attack work fine,as do other modes in the game,and all was fine last night pre-update.
    I thought I'd drop this here before submitting a ticket to Kunos/505 and see if anyone else has experienced this,or it's just a glitch on my system.
    Cheers for any replies or advice-console or PC users,I ain't no snob-oh and before somebody says-yes I have turned it off and back on again :D

Sim-Driver-GT66 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Since 1.9.1/2 - Crashes with Fatal Error May 5, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error - so many since v1.8+ - please HELP [faulty RAM module] Sep 27, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Competence error since 1.7.9 Jun 23, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Fatal Error since British DLC update 1.7.0+ Mar 8, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal errors since Patch 1.0.2?! Jun 11, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting crash error since first early access build Jun 2, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Game has crashed Fatal error since V1.0 Jun 1, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Same crash error since first early access build....every build after...and version 1.0 Jun 1, 2019
    ACC General Discussions fatal error games crashes continuously since update 0.3 Nov 17, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting "Fatal error" since 0.2.0 Oct 11, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can't start ac since last update. launcher error Jun 22, 2014
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Name error in livery May 12, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 - AC2 Fatal Error [ SOLVED] May 1, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Apr 13, 2024
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Nordschleife Critial Error Apr 1, 2024

3. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

I haven't experienced the problem. Mine is working fine.

Edit:
    Apologies, only now realizing that I haven't tested with 4.05.

Will be at home in about 15 minutes and will check then.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    Mctavish likes this.
  4. Confirmed. First quick race in the special events (Ferrari) section crashes into blue screen when pressing the red "start" button that otherwise loads the screen with the drive button on PS 4.05 after update today.

Mctavish likes this.
  5. Mctavish

Mctavish Rookie

Cheers HecticZa and Erwin Berkers :)
    Just done a bit of googling about this particular error code,seems to be fairly common across a lot of games...hmmm there's a few fixes for it,but they are rather drastic,so I think I'll wait to see if it's happened to anyone else,before sending a ticket...

6. Did a quick race BMW M3 E30 Group A on Brands Hatch, no car moved?! I get the yellow flag while the others stand still on the start line. Restart race, same thing, no car moves on the grid, just get yellow flag.

Changed car to KTM X-Bow, quick race of 8 cars, same track, again same thing, no cars moves from the grid.

After one lap they all sit in the pits, and it not even Friday afternoon! :) lazy drivers...

Edit: after selecting another track all seems normal, maybe just a glitch after the update (did not try the special event again).

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  7. Mctavish

Mctavish Rookie

That is strange,stranger still that a system update screws with a game.
    Think I'm gonna send a ticket regardless,just need to figure out how to do it-i'll post a reply if and when I receive one.
    Anyone else getting weird stuff happening after v4.05 update?

8. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

Mine is working fine. Tested with the M3 E30 on Silverstone.

9. Mctavish

Mctavish Rookie

I think you guys may have misunderstood my post,the problem is in the special events quick races,not the quick races in the drive section or the hotlap/time attack races...
    Cheers for the replies though,and I've submitted a ticket,so until I get a reply I guess I'll just have to jump into the Lotus7 Magione TT :)

10. I reported the crash related to quick race in the special event section using the PS4 crash reporter with added gameplay clip and description of my actions leading up to the crash.

Regarding the cars not moving from the grid may not be a problem specific to the update since I remember seeing a post about it before. What is weird that it was the first that happened after recovering from the crash, but that may be a coincidence.

11. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

Okay my stuff worked fine after the update. Tested a couple of special events. Then went to hot lap mode and my G29 wouldn't rev or change gears, but the menu and direction keys worked.
    Exited the game and went back to the race and it worked.

Went to quick race and the AI wouldn't pull away. Went to another quick race and this time the wheel froze and did not respond. Rebooted the PS and went to quick race and received the CE-34778-0 error.

Restarted and it worked with a controller.
    Retried with G29 and it worked again, so it seems Intermitterend?

12. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Mine is exactly the same, it won't let me do any of the special event races, where there are other ai cars to race against, blue screen yada yada .........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Mine has been doing that off and on for weeks. Some days I can enter the quick race in special events and some days I can't. I put in a ticket, but so far its hit or miss

14. Mctavish

Mctavish Rookie

After a bit more googling about I came across an article about rebuilding the database and how it had worked for some people who were also experiencing the same error code.
    As I'm not all that tech savvy I was a bit dubious about messing with OS/databases etc,but luckily someone linked to a PS support article which explained it in terms which even as old crusty such as myself could understand...

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Safe-Mode-PS4/

After following the instructions(start in safe mode and choose rebuild database) and rebuilding the database(you may get another error code and a data is corrupted message,but just click OK and the database will get rebuilt)the quick races now work,wether this is down to the rebuild(which I hope it is)and a permanent fix or just a random event such as @Larryf1951 has been experiencing.I guess only time will tell...

Larryf1951 likes this.
  15. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Was already happening before the 4.05 of the PS4.

I started to do the special events last week, beginning with those from the Japanese car pack, and the same thing, the majority of races.. crashes,blue screen with error code!

I've erased the game, installed again, updated again, and the same thing...

Their "game" is mostly broken and not even on par with PC version...

Don't They test the Updates before sending them to Sony and Microsoft??

It's becoming really ridiculous

16. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Don't work either, also did the rebuild of database, i do it after each update btw.

The problem isn't in all the special events, only some off them,mostly the races.

The problem is from the game itself that crashes

paul_wev likes this.
  17. Mctavish

Mctavish Rookie

Well it seems impossible to start a thread on here without someone coming in to bash the game,which incidentally Mr Donnced,if you'd looked into this particular error you would know it's not a problem with AC,it happens in a lot of other games and is down to Sony,not Kunos/505 or any other game developer.
    As for the rebuild,it has so far worked for me,and I posted the info with the hope it might help others in the same situation,oh and as far as myself and I'd imagine a large proportion of the player base are concerned(going by the fact that it's always the same people complaining) the game is not broken and I'm(we)are prepared to wait for Kunos to build on the solid base they've already given us.

18. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Look boy, i did deactivate the automatic saves to the cloud (cause it's an problem that causes one of the CE errors) .
    After each single update from every game i do a rebuild of the database in secure mode..

And i don't come to bash! i already reported this bug/error / issue in my thread on the general console lounge.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...sues-with-1-03-version-and-suggestions.37389/

You will find it on the last page.

And i don't get the error with all the other games that i have one PS4, only with assetto Corsa, and only in some of the special events every single time i tried to enter the same that was giving me the game crashes.

Like i said, i even erased the game and update, installed all again, rebuilt database and same error is there.

So it's a problem from the game, and report it here also,i don't come bashing, cause I'm one of the first persons ho want that the game works correct, because i liked the game, and secondly i paid for the prestige version and season pass on day one.

Have a nice day

19. Mctavish

Mctavish Rookie

Seeing as you start your reply with "look boy"which is a rather juvenile insult,and the fact that you don't seem able to recognise the fact that others may have a different experience to yourself on this and other games,i'm not prepared to debate this further with you until you can reply in a more adult and respectful manner.
    In fact I don't think I'll bother posting again,I thought this place has changed from the early days,but obviously not...
    Oh and thank you,I will have a nice day.

20. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

That is what happens if you aren't respectful to the people ho reports here an issue saying that he's bashing..
    So you receive the same treatment.

Back to the problem, if lot of users have the same problem (that like i said aren't on all the special events races)it's obviously a problem from the game.
    None game is perfect, and assetto either.

So best thing is to report it,so the devs can look in to it and fix it,because like i said the problem was there before the 4.05 firmware update from the PlayStation 4.

If you want, you can Google it, that some CE error codes comes because in the settings the automatic up to cloud save is activated and enter in conflict with the normal game save on the hard drive.
    Deactivate that and you won't have the most CE errors never again.

You also mentioned the restoration of the database in secure mode, and Like i said i did that and even more before reporting the issue, and even before i asked at some friends to try the same events to look if it's an issue only for me or not.

Result : all of my friends with assetto Corsa get the same game crash.

Conclusion : it's an issue from the game itself and was there way before the PS4 firmware of yesterday and that's why i reported the issue in my thread already some days ago.

I'm not a fanboy, not a hater,I'm only a user ho buyed a simulation game and that want it to work like it's intended.

Again, have a nice day and let's hope that the devs are aware of this problem and that we can get it fixed in the incoming update and enjoy a bit more this game

21. hornet66

hornet66 Rookie

I agree with Donnced and his comments.I too am no hater/fanboy just somebody who bought the game but it would be nice if the devs gave some idea of the next update and maybe its contents,they seem to be pretty quiet on the subject.I realise they are pushing the porsche dlc at the moment but a little communication would not go amiss regarding fixing some issues.

https://www.gtplanet.net/first-porsche-pack-brings-7-new-rides-to-assetto-corsa-available-now-on-pc/

This article about the porsche dlc was put up on gtplanet along with a long list of fixes in the pc update,i realise alot of the fixes are pc specific but it would be great if the devs do give the same support to the console versions too.I know the game has only been out a few months so not looking for arguments but just commenting.

Donnced2 likes this.