1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Even match ups... what cars should vs.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Digital Aura, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

Hi guys,

Can you help me...I'm trying to determine which cars to pit against each other without doing too much research on each one.

Should I match this purely on engine specs or what?

four cylinders...

V6...

or by GT classes?

Please give me some suggestions.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Career saved game JSON too large and lap time wrong after loading samed game or restart the match Mar 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crashes - pak chunk singning mismatch on chunk.... Jan 21, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Trying to match GT controls Oct 8, 2022
    Sounds modding How to match engine rev limiter with sound? Aug 16, 2022
    ACC User Interface Leftovers in the Matchmaking Settings Menu Jul 13, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting sum of sectors is not matching the lap time May 14, 2022
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Suggestion: Redundant matchmakers Dec 20, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer 1.7.11 - Free Practice and Quali timetable mismatch Jun 23, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room LFM - Daily Race Season System with real matchmaking and ranking system May 25, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting AC2 UE4 Crash [.pak signature mismatch] Apr 8, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crash always with Hungaroring Line 3168 [.pak signature mismatch] Apr 8, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error Line 247 Pak chunk mismatch [Corrupted installation/.pak file] Dec 31, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Tccut settings mismatched Dec 27, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Mismatch between laptime and gap in multiplayer Dec 16, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Cannot enter session due to an SA mismatch Dec 13, 2020

3. norbs

norbs Alien

Great topic.

I know the Lotus Eleven and KTM Xbow is a good combo.

La Ferrari and Ferrari GT2 (?) is good on some tracks. One good in corners, the other in a straight line.

4. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Xbow vs F458
    P1 vs Zonda *shrug*
    ~Bailey

5. Kevin Wolfe

Kevin Wolfe Racer

This is one problem i have with AC at the moment. there's some cars with nothing parity to race against, like the Fiat abarth.

6. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

MP4 street vs Stage 3 F40 with semislicks only. Dead even if you can handle the Ferrari on Vallelunga. Tested every single build of these two. MP4 having only a tiny advantage at certain times.
    1m vs Evora is fairly even, advantage to the Evora on most tracks but not all.
    Definitely CTR vs F40.
    Abarth 500 S1 vs E30 stock on Imola is pretty even, at least against 1 100% difficulty AI for 10 laps. Bumper to bumper. EG6 Civic VTi works well against them too (AI not so much).
    Shooting at the dark with this one but stock Elise vs GTA?
    New Exige vs SLS maybe. As far as race cars, it only makes sense with it's respective class to begin with, so I can only think of street cars.

Digital Aura likes this.
  7. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

8. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

ChrisR.... I'm not sure what you've given me with that link.

9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

choose a track (ii usually use imola) and then go through each car, take a note of its laptime and pick ones which are about a second apart.

10. commanda

commanda Racer

Tags.
    Specifically the A1 - A15 tags.
    Cars with the same tag should be similar performance wise. Most mod cars have no tag, or wrong tag. I've been running my large collection of mod cars around Grobnik, driven by the AI, to work out what tag each car should have.

11. plaid

plaid Alien

I assume the 190E is rather competition for the E30 DTM then the Group A, based on the numbers, is this correct? I thought I read the 190E would be a Group A-car, thats why I ask. Next to the GT's and maybewith the Sierra Cosworth-mod it would be a cool matchup.

"Completely different the Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5-16 EVO II. The friendly handling touring car that was the major opponent of the BMW M3 E30 Gr.A that is already included in Assetto Corsa. Put them together in a race and be ready to witness the most epic battles ever seen in a racing simulator."

That was in the text from the dreampack, the power/weight-ratio of the E30 DTM is just muuuch closer then the E30 Group-A.

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

This is why I'd like to devs to be aware of the cars we already have when choosing new ones to licence. I'm not suggesting they do this exclusively but I do think it should be an important consideration.

Being able to add ballast to help close racing would be useful as well.

WallyM likes this.
  13. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

+1 and restrictable boost to match F40/Ruf / serversided tyre restrictions per car could help also.

14. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I really do hope for ballast one day, to even up cars and even drivers in a league environment, for closer, more competitive racing.