1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

FANATEC CSS vs. Thrustmaster TH8RS??? Your Opinion Please...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Colt Rogers, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

Hello I have been using the TH8RS with my CSR Elite for 2 years now and it has served me very well. However lately I have had my eye on the FANATEC CSS. Which shifter do you guys who have tried BOTH prefer and WHY? I would like a shifter with a bit more resistance and weight in the H pattern mode. Just more effort required to shift therefore more satisfaction in each perfectly executed heel-toe. Thanks in advance and Happy Driving in AC!

Tim Meuris and Turk like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Sequential/Paddles (Fanatec CSS SQ) Nov 9, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Sequential and paddles without re assigning w/ t500rs and fanatec css sq Apr 5, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Problem with fanatec css sq v1 Dec 22, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Question for guys using Fanatec CSS Sq Apr 30, 2014
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec DD Pro D Pad Feb 9, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is a desired brake trace possible with Fanatec V3 pedals? Dec 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec Pedal issue Nov 7, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec DD2 problem, game keeps loosing settings Oct 25, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Fanatec Arena Settings Oct 10, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Does anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DDoes anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec settings after update. Jun 28, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Advanced Paddle Module - Look Left/Right May 14, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel feels light only when turning (Fanatec DD Pro + PS5) Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [Linux] Fanatec DD2 FFB behavior Feb 10, 2023

3. I've owned both and you can't compare within those two. Thrustmaster doesn't give you any feel while CSS gives you more you would ever want. There's no way I can use it with full stiffness. It is much more precise and feels a lot more like a actual gearbox.

But there is one issue with CSS SQ. If you wan't stiff h-shifter feel you have to adjust tension every time you switch between sequential and h-mode. Otherwise the shaft never returns to its center position. That's the only weakness I've found so far.

Eduardo AuKiss and Tim Meuris like this.
  4. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

As above , a bit like chalk and cheese , I had the TRS and to be honest it felt like a cheap toy compared to the CSS , as to the tension the poster above is bang on with regard to the tension when switching from H pattern to sequential ...
    I simply cut the angled bit off an alan key and glued a knurled knob to it and it stays in place so its easy to adjust the tension when switiching modes or even adjusting the tension whilst driving !
    Buy the CCS its as solid as a rock !

Tim Meuris and Cote Dazur like this.
  5. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

CSS all the way bud got mine coming soon :)

6. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

Hey Colt. This thread just killed me.. I bought a th8rs about a month ago. It is a HUGE improvement from the g27 shifter.

Now I hear how awesome this shifter is.. :oops:

Sounds like a great product, maybe something I can pick up in the future.

7. Nice hearing about these shifters from the owners...I friend of mine just bought the Fanatic one.....he had to send it back and have it replaced immediately (pretty much a given with Fanatec) but is completely in love with it now. I want one so bad that even though I don't have a cockpit and have no way of mounting it while using this desk I still have to talk myself out of ordering it every month.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  8. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

Get creative Michael..
    photo (8).JPG

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  9. So tempting.....Only one problem.....I have a wife and my rig is in a place where she can see it. While that looks functional and fine in my eyes, her female eyes sees something that would be worth *****ing about.

bondyboy and KeRo like this.
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

This should keep her happy.

[​IMG]

11. magzire

magzire Alien

Upgrading my G27 very soon. Fanatec or Trustmaster, going to be a hard decision.

12. The TH8RS is simply great , good product with a nice feeling at using it.

13. IDLH_

IDLH_ Simracer

I did a good amount of research, tried a TH8RS and then, without also trying a CSS, I purchased the CSS SQ.

The CSS can be adjusted to whatever firmness you desire. I adjust mine per car, so a DTM (for example) gets a snappy mechanical firm setting and a 1M gets a silky smooth road car setting. I just love being able to throw it in SQ mode with a lever/slider, so simple. I can't speak for other wheels, but the CSW firmware auto-maps the SQ "buttons" or shifter positions to your paddles. This way you need only one profile in AC and everything just simply works. Again this might not be unique to the CSS but it's pretty slick.

The TH8RS is just a bit more toy, a bit less serious. It gets the job done well. The CSS is a piece of artwork, it can be appreciated without even using it for it's intended function. Neither disappoints on the track, but the CSS stands out most everywhere when directly compared.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  14. KingPin

KingPin Racer

Can someone confirm this for GT3 RS? Because this would really make me want to spend this bucket of money for this shifter! although this would be quite the same money I spent for wheel and pedals (2nd hand) ;-)

Unfortunately they seem to be out of stock again till 30.4. :-(

thank you!

PS: Somebody knows were to get a coupon code for fanatec? :)

15. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

Bet you have never tried the CCS ???

4yrton Senn4 and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  16. Gertjan Arlar

Gertjan Arlar Rookie

I'm thinking about buying the CCS as well.
    For the people who like the TH8RS but think it's missing something there is a great mod that I use and I like the feel of it. If people can tell me how the modded TH8RS compares to the CCS, making a decision would be easier for me.

17. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

I tried that and to be honest it does improve it a little although its nothing like the feel the get with the CCS , the CCS FEELS like a real gearbox your using ...

Gertjan Arlar likes this.
  18. Gertjan Arlar

Gertjan Arlar Rookie

Thanks for your reply Ray. I'll probably go for the CCS then.

19. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

No problem , I doubt you will regret it , the feel you get from the CCS is not unlike the feel to some real cars I have driven , but I have never driven a car with the similar feel you get with the TRS8r........
    Plus the build quality of the CSS is built to last , its big and its very heavy !!!

Gertjan Arlar likes this.
  20. KingPin

KingPin Racer

Does switching from pedal, to H and to SQ work with the T500 without button reasignment? But you have the USB adapter i guess...
    so won´t answer my question from former post here...

21. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

Yes I bought the adapter from Fanatec,and no problem switching between the modes ..