1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Fanatec

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Schattastic, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Schattastic

Schattastic Rookie

Will Fanatec wheels be supported on PS4? There is a roumor going around that it won't unless Fanatec is licensed by Sony, which they aren't as of yet. Support in the past was up to the developer if they provided the drivers in the game. Sony now will require all wheels to be licensed before they will be supported.

Hope this isn't true. I'm really looking forward to this game.

BAT likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec DD Pro D Pad Feb 9, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is a desired brake trace possible with Fanatec V3 pedals? Dec 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec Pedal issue Nov 7, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec DD2 problem, game keeps loosing settings Oct 25, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Fanatec Arena Settings Oct 10, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Does anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DDoes anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec settings after update. Jun 28, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Advanced Paddle Module - Look Left/Right May 14, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel feels light only when turning (Fanatec DD Pro + PS5) Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [Linux] Fanatec DD2 FFB behavior Feb 10, 2023
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec CSL DD Oct 26, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Rumble Feature on ClubSport V3 Pedals (Fanatec) Oct 18, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec wheel buttons sending mouse clicks to game Oct 18, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel F1 Sep 22, 2022

3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

I have used Fanatec V2 base / V3 pedals on PS4 for pCars.
    No issues...

4. Schattastic

Schattastic Rookie

This is what I'm running with too on PCars. There is a thread on Fanatec's website talking about it not working any longer on future games.

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/187/playstation-compatibility/p3

Go to the end to see what is being discussed about it.

5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

I see... Haven't followed that since I am not longer on console.
    My guess is that possible issues will be solved before AC PS4 version hits the shelves.

6. Stains

Stains Simracer

This is really worrying me, ive got a @FANATEC GT2 which works beautifully with most other games on ps4 but all I really want to play is Assetto Corsa on ps4. Please @Kunos make it so @FANATEC wheels will work on ps4. @Sony want to sell new consoles but I will have to move over to PC before updating to the so called Neo as graphic cards are now affordable thanks to @AMD.
    Please @Kunos I know you can do it.

nelubin and ford.boss.335 like this.
  7. Chawabax

Chawabax Rookie

Don't know why Kunos is not stating clearly that Fanatec wheels will be supported by the console version of the game.... not so "clear" or simply busy to do something else? (3rd option... they already fixed this but we are not able to find where
    :D )

Checking italian racing games websites you can find a report of Vallelunga Showcase (end of May 2016) where guys played with PS4 and both Trustmaster and Fanatec wheels, but without specifing which ones (link).

On the same website there is an interview with M.Massarutto (beginning of June 2016) where he says that Assetto Corsa will support all Thrustmaster, Fanatec and Logitech steering wheels that are (or will be) compatible with PS4 and XB1 at the launch of the game (link).

So, we lack "ONLY" the official confirmation :rolleyes:, but seems that there will be no problems with Fanatec

8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I am interested in what models of the upper-league wheels, namely Fanatec gear, are compatible with AC on PS4, too. I am considering to leave Windows platform completely, since Microsoft has pissed me so seriously over he past 18 months, and I am also considering to get a better wheel for the PC AND PS4, but I do not want to buy an expensive kit if I cannot use it on console for AC, in case I indeed migrate to it completely.

Researching the issue, time and again had me ending up in threads on this problem with Project Cars. In PC they released a Fanatec wheel list, but I saw that not all of their wheel rims are compatible with PC on PS4. So you can end up having the wheelbase, but the wrong wheel nevertheless.

For those not knowing the problem, Sony has introduced security chips for PS3 and PS4 that third party manufacturers must build into their hardware to have the console recognising the hardware. Only then this hardware will work with just any game on console, since the console generally recognises the hardware. If that chip is missing, software developers, in this case Kunos, must compensate for that by including dedicated software software support for that given piece of hardware without such a chip, else the hardware will be useless in that given title. Thats why it is important that Kunos gives clear confirmation of what wheels and rims work, and what not, the Fanatec stuff still comes without such security chips at least for PS4, so it needs software support to be given to the game.

Sony got burnt with third party equipment that came in the dress of official PS equipment, but was of bad quality, giving Sony a bad name that way. Also, they want to cash on having their own wheel especially licensed and promoted as the official wheel for Gran Turismo 6. It cannot be ruled out that they will even release a PS4 firmware that bans all hardware that now functions by game's software support, to support their future official GT wheel, and lock out the competition. A worst case scenario, but Microsoft and its GWX campaign - that crossed the red line by a huge jump and more - taught us that nothing can be ruled out anymore.

I would like to buy a better wheel than my G27, but these considerations and my idea of abandoning Windows completely, hold me back since months. Right now I have an isolated Windows 7 that gets no longer updated and is banned form accessing Microsoft servers, as a game launcher only, everything else - EVERYTHING - I do under Linux Mint. There will be no Windows 10 on my system, nor any other Microsoft software. Im done with Microsoft, for life. Thats why I look for alternatives, to get my daily candy via Linux and console. Flight simming is already scrapped for the future. :(

As it is, AC will be my only driving interest on PS4.

9. Skybird

Skybird Alien

If he put it in these words for sure, then that is bad news, because it indicates they base on chip-based compatability of wheels, and Fanatec does nto have these chips. Like I said above, Fanatec, by all I learnt, depends on software support on PS4 by the game developer, it is not generally compatible with PS4.

I assume he said or meant something different, or got misquoted. At least I hope.

10. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

I do think it should be time by now that kunos announces the compatibility of all wheels on the ps4 and xbox.

ford.boss.335 likes this.
  11. Schattastic

Schattastic Rookie

I agree. AC releases in the US four weeks from today. I'm thinking it won't be compatible with Fanatec at launch. I'll wait a couple more weeks to hear something but I will cancel my preorder if it's not made clear.

12. Schattastic

Schattastic Rookie

13. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

14. People should be putting pressure on Fanatec and Sony instead of the developers of the games, after all Sony can do no wrong this generation with their "For the players" motto. Perhaps Fanatec don't want to pay the licensing fee to Sony who knows, only them or Sony can answer

15. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

Yeah, well the biggest problem here is that both their customers are the ones who are f*ck*d now. They should have fixed this a long time ago...... It should not be our problem! Well, now it is......

nelubin likes this.
  16. chances are there will be a ps4 hub available in the future once they sort out the license with sony.

nelubin likes this.
  17. ford.boss.335

ford.boss.335 Rookie

I knew this was coming, isn't there a new CSL base on the way with PS4 compatibility? Maybe when that's launched the older wheels will become compatible as per what happened with the Thustmaster wheels. As someone who brought a wheel when it was advertised as PS4 compatible I'm pretty disappointed.

18. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

As I understood, the new CSL base will probably not be ps4 compatible (the base itself). The compatibility will come when there will be a ps4 rim (or maybe a hub). This rim will probably make the V2 and the CSL base officially PS4 compatible. Not certain of it, but sounds plausible.....

19. likely it will just be a ps4 hub similar to the xbox one hub. just gotta wait on sony and fanatec to get it sorted

20. nelubin

nelubin Rookie

fanatec porsche gt2 cls suported on xbox not on ps4 ((((
    so now what???
    i shud by thrustmaster long time ago (((

21. bumme

bumme Rookie

Do any of you guys have an idea how to get the fanatec clubsport working on the ps4 with ac. I see people talk about some sort of hub. I can't believe a wheel like this is not supported!