1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fastest AI in AC 0.7.5 full race Gt2 Nurburgring

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by martcerv, Mar 18, 2014.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here is a race where i was surprised the pace the AI can run here. Being a 10 lap race i cant run the supersofts as they will be useless after about 5 or 6 laps. Compared to hotlap pace running 1.56 on low fuel and supersofts would be about 2 to 3 seconds a lap slower with more fuel and soft tyres, the leading AI ran 1.56.xx pretty much all race.

I had to push quite hard all race just to stay where I was and just couldnt make a move on the guy. Maybe held up .5 a lap early but then as my tyres were going I was pretty much going as hard as I could not to get dropped lol. AI still rough around the edges but at least they are fast so its promising as they can be quite a challenge at 100%.

Bring on multi but im glad to see that there can be a fair challenge vs ai too.

dbell76, dkwuan and alex72 like this.
  2. marlo0081

marlo0081 Hardcore Simmer

The M3 is quickly becoming my favourite car.

3. dbell76

dbell76 Racer

i'm having some really exiting races with the 500 abarth AI,they act really good....Close the door, avoids other AI's or me in some situations
    much better then in the past....i think it's on the right way!

4. Mr_A

Mr_A Simracer

nice video.

On the otherhand, look at 2:10 how the AI enters the corner, and still he gets better acceleration out of the corner. When experiencing things like this, its mega discouraging to see him leave you/me in the dust while you're slower even with a better line. His move doesn't make sense and if you made it yourself you would lose the momentum. That's why Im really looking forward to multiplayer :) :D

This video made me want to drive the M3 GT2 car again, haven't driven it in a while :)

5. MK00

MK00 Rookie

Nice video. I love the car too!

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There are time where the AI seem to have some "magical" powers, however that last tur at nurb is my worst, even on my hotlap there i lost .4 over my earlier pb its one corner i can gain or lose time without realy feeling it. Its quite easy to lose exit speed with a bit of wheel spin and entry speed for me varies quite a bit more then any other corner on any track. This seemingly simple corner has me the most stumped of all corners on just about all tracks. ;)

Having said that the leaders pace I just can see being possible well not for me at least with fuel and wear on. I can run maybe up to lap 4 in the 56's on super softs but then its quite a battle to hang on and can lose a few seconds by lap 10. On softs i could do 57's now all race with no traffic and perfect laps but it almost seems as if tyre wear isnt effecting AI any more. I tried some shorter 5 lap races on ss tyres with a smaller ai field so its just against the quicker ones and had to drive basically 5 qualy 100% commited laps with wearing tyres to stay in the hunt. Quite easiky the most impressive ai battles ive had on any sim. They do the odd thinfs and are predictable if you get a run on them but also block a bit so hard to pass if very close pace.

Strangely driving the gt3's the ai in earlier builds were dieng very quick as those super softs fall off the cliff much quicker then the gt2 tyres. Over 10 laps using harde tyres it used to be very easy to win as the ai got very slow at the end.

Maybe i just suck at dealing with the wear and am i thin .8 of the wr here so the fastest guys coukd probably do 56's over 10 laps on supersofts.

Still its good to have a fair challenge with AI and multi will be nice. I just hope the numbers are much higher the rf2 which was a huge letdown online for me in terms of general pickup racing. Still with AI if they are good enough it lets me drive any combination i want with a larger more competitive field then most races online unless there is a league race or something. I dont really have time for that these days with very randomised free time so will mostly just do pick up races.

I think we are just over a week away from our first mukti taste so fingers crossed for that. Im glad the AI is getting to a level where it can be a pretty good challenge at least so i can race multi and if its not happening back to ai for a bit.

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here is a hotlap of this car on the track, still in a race I struggle to keep up with the leading AI car which is a good thing ;)

Mr_A likes this.
  8. Mr_A

Mr_A Simracer

If I may suggest, how about a different entry to the first corner? Instead of turning/steering and braking, try to position your car in the middle of the track so you can just dive down the braking zone and brake until you turn in. This way you're just braking, and not braking and turning which is making the car more unstable. Just found a random video on youtube, but watch this guys entry. He dives down there in a straight line. start of the video

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Thanks for the suggestion, its kind of an awkward corner and there are a few ways to approach it. Pretty much the same all the way around this track and depending on the car you may change the line quite a bit. I doubt I have the best possible line there that lap which didnt even feel that quick but was my pb.

I think a stable car with good braking handles that line I took quite well. The straight diagonal line is worth trying though but i normally just try to get through that corner without screwing it up and get the lap going. In a race the line will change quite a bit and im sure ive tried everything at some point but still hard to say what works best with that car.

Here is a lap from lewis in the last gp pole lap there but i have seen so many different lines I dont think there is any particular best method just depends on what the car can do on the setup.