1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

First two hour impressions from someone new to the game

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by crushforth, Aug 30, 2016.

1. crushforth

crushforth Rookie

This just unlocked 2 hours ago, so I've only had 2 hours worth of play time. Jumped straight into the career mode so I could start on the easier cars. I was really nervous that I'd be spending most of my time trying to stay on the track and I'd heard so much about how great the physics 'feels' that I was afraid that as a novice it would be too subtle or nuanced that I wouldn't notice it or be able to appreciate it on Driving Force GT. Oh man, you can definitely feel the difference between this and other driving games I'd played over the years.

Particular highlights from the first few career stages. Loved the feel of that BMW in the last stage of the N1 (Can't remember the name). That thing was just glued to the track. Before turning it off for the night I tried out the KTM X-bow on Immola from the N2 stages. Perfect combination of handling and low speeds but you have to be so careful with the brakes. Really looking forward to taking my time getting used to how each car feels and inching my way through the career.

Image quality wise it looks much better then I was imagining based off HD youtube videos. Looking forward to more tracks, cars and content. Really hope the console version gets the same love the PC version seems to have gotten over the years. Also PlayStation Neo mode/PlayStation VR support would be fantastic :)

As the PC version is on 1.8 do we know where abouts the console version sits in regards to features?

Philippeapo, Typer, Dave53 and 8 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    PlayStation 4 Discussions 1st hour impressions with AC Mar 18, 2017
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards ACC Lobby is offline since 9 hours ago. Any insights? Oct 29, 2023
    Screens & Videos 1971 Watkins Glen 6 Hours Mar 18, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting FPS drops after 1,5+ hour ingame Dec 11, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer CP wrong region for hours Sep 2, 2022
    ACC Gameplay AI pit again on top of hour instead of changing driver when swapping tyres Jun 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 15 minutes stints @Spa 24 hours endurance?? Apr 29, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Consisten CTD After ~ 1 Hour Apr 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Complete Game Freeze after 2 hours of running [Fanatec driver memory leak] Apr 2, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Any community 24 hours of spa? Feb 21, 2022
    ACC General Discussions 24 hours of spa Feb 21, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Simrace.pl community - 8 Hours of Bathurst - 05.03.2022 Feb 17, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Server Manager - Time of Day not 24 Hours? Jan 24, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room DC Suzuka 10 Hours Januari 29 Jan 11, 2022
    ACC Gameplay TL; DR: Is a 6 hour race the shortest off-line AI race that is fair; and real strategy is in play? Jan 4, 2022

3. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Nice little review here. Taking AC as is and not comparing it to this and that in other games. With this kind of attitude you will fit in here very well and if you need help there will be folks, both the community and the devs, willing to help out.

Typer and Dave53 like this.
  4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Console version should be somewhere before the Japanese pack, so 1.5.x i guess? Stefano mentioned in his last stream that the console version is still missing some features needed for the Japanese cars, such as rear wheel steering.
    Watch his stream here, very informative for console users. There is a thread about it somewhere in the Console Lounge subforum and it's also linked on racedepartment.com.

He starts talking about the console release right after the first two songs:

DrVegas likes this.
  5. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

Nice comment

Philippeapo likes this.
  6. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi - We just wanted to step in here and say thank you! We appreciate your review!

Typer likes this.
  7. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

What a breath of fresh air to see people being pleasant. Well done!!

Typer likes this.