1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

FWIW - bsim racing blog on poor nvidia image quality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Backmarker, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Im getting pretty darn good IQ out of my titans, there are lots of things you can do to bugger up the IQ and most likely many do this and get poor results. If you know what your doing you should be able to get good images and performance. Some games and sims will be pretty badly coded or drivers dont work properly as in RF2 with sli but everything else looks great and performs well.

The funny thing is that rf1 and all games based off that look amazing and performance is so good on my setup. Then go to rf2 which really doesnt look much different to rf1 graphicaly just with broken hdr and some extra features. Using the default rf2 sli profile goes from 70 to 100 fps single card to 35fps in sli lol.

If you make some changes in the sli profile then you get some ok performance but hdr is broken with flickering and also the reflections so fps must be capped to avoid this. Really one of the main reasons i stopped running that but also the ac driving physics are way better onoy the karts have any real rubber tyres there so far the rest run on marshmallows.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Horus likes this.
  3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

AC looks pretty good but I do recognise the blurry distance textures and ailiasing issues....

Colt Rogers likes this.
  4. Alan Barrows

Alan Barrows Gamer

good lord! so that's what's going on! wow what a bunch of incompetents. they really outdo themselves every time. real shame that they have the only viable 3d tech. how they even came up with it is beyond me.

count on me to send them a bug report every single day that this isn't fixed.

5. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Seems like NVidia's not responsive to fixing settings like this...

One of my monitors is through HDMI and the drivers stick it in 16-235 TV colourspace instead of 0-255 PC colourspace, which completely washes out the blacks. There's no way to put it back in the right colourspace via the NVIDIA Control Panel, and the issue applies to every TV-resolution display (so 1920x1080, 1280x720, etc.) connected through HDMI. If your monitor only has HDMI inputs, or you're just using it cause you have triples, and you don't use this workaround, it's impossible to make your display go true black.

Even if you are using an HDTV, if the TV is expecting 0-255 colourspace, and some do, you'll wash out the blacks. It's just stupid to not let you change the setting. NVidia's line is that it's the monitor's fault for implementing the HDMI standard wrong, but... that doesn't solve the problem.

6. Mogster

Mogster Alien

That article does make a lot of sense.

A few years ago running in game 4x aa sorted almost all ailiasing issues, now even 8x aa doesn't touch it. I had noticed that although overall performance is better my IQ had got much worse over the last couple of years.

I had put it mostly down to the console influence in games development and poor optimisation. Not so it seems. Nvidia seem to think that PC gamers are all only interested in raw fps at the expense of IQ. Some are I'm sure but I think many more are interested in a balance of IQ and FPS.

7. Alan Barrows

Alan Barrows Gamer

that's the worst thing: I don't think there is any known relation, performance-wise, between clamping and no clamping, it's just an alternative rendering method; one that is indeed highly favourable in the case of long-distance rendering environments, like racing games.