1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 G920 - Issues with H-Shifter

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by BobTheDog, Jan 10, 2017.

1. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

I have some issues with the H-Shifter in AC, as they don't seem to be being fixed with the updates I thought I would post this here.

1. You can't engage first gear properly before the race starts. To Replicate start a race, engage first gear with the h-shifter with clutch engaged, rev engine to limiter on green light try to pull away with a slipping clutch. You get the missed gear sound and neutral.

2. Using the clutch while changing gears seems to be hit and miss, every so often when changing gear you get the missed gear sound and neutral when you release the clutch.

The clutch also seems to be a bit optional which is a little strange. When changing up without the clutch you never get the missed gear problem. You also seem to be able to change down without the clutch as long as you blip the throttle!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Asseto corsa having sevre issues with G920 wheel and shifter May 1, 2020
    Bug reports Pedal + shifter issues on g920 May 18, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Logitech G920 FFB issues Sep 6, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues logitech g920 forcefeedback issues. Mar 15, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech G920 issues Feb 12, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech g920 steering issues Jan 21, 2016
    Bug reports Logitech G920 d-pad not working Nov 23, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Not Picking Up G920 Oct 4, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Weird ffb on G920 Aug 21, 2023
    Steering wheels discussions G920 settings disapeaer May 29, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G920 doesn’t work after update May 24, 2023
    Steering wheels discussions Headlight Flasher cannot be assigned on the G920 on XBX Series S???? Apr 10, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G920 buttons always on Sep 9, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G920 vibrating and heavy when stationary May 17, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Little problem today with G920 May 12, 2022

3. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

1. Never had an issue with this. Engage the clutch, select first gear, keep clutch pedal pushed in fully, apply full throttle when the lights go out dump the clutch. That's worked for me.

2. I get this if I'm trying to shift a bit too quick and release the clutch a bit too soon. Not sure if that's what the issue is.

SGT EDUBB likes this.
  4. BobTheDog

Thanks for the info Havana, I wonder whats different here then.

I will try to make a video and post it here so the devs can see...

5. SGT EDUBB

SGT EDUBB Gamer

@Havana
    Same here..

@Dog
    I was havin similar issues with the missing shifts initially until adding a bit of deadzone at the clutch end travel. Helped out with miss shifts in the heat of a race and focused on other things. Boils down to shifting/releasing clutch too soon tho..

6. BobTheDog

Hi guys,

I have looked into this a bit more.

With the clutch/brake/throttle display on the screen I can see my brake and throttle get to the top but my clutch only goes 80% of the way.

I have tried what has been mentioned on the forum to press the pedals to calibrate at startup (I did both xbox startup and game startup) and this has made no difference.

Havana I know you have the G920 does your clutch go to the top on the display?

Cheers

Andy

7. MakaveliA7X

MakaveliA7X Hardcore Simmer

Hey man I have the g920 as well and all 3 bars go to 100% I may see the gas or clutch flicker a tiny bit when pressed fully but never lower then like 95%

8. BobTheDog

Thanks very much for the info. Looks like a problem with my pedals then.

I might just give up using the clutch and h shifter till calibration is added to AC.

9. MakaveliA7X

MakaveliA7X Hardcore Simmer

If u r not worried about warranty I recommend taking the pedals apart and u may possibly need to clean them.
    I changed the brake spring with the gt eye brake spring and only after 4 months of owning the wheel , the internals were full of dog hair ( my dog sheds like a basterd)
    So maybe it's something like that for ur situation

10. BobTheDog

Thanks, I have had them apart a couple of times. first to remove the crappy piece of rubber and then I put in the gt eye as well.

I'll take them apart and have a look, maybe I will change the potentiometer and see if that helps.

MakaveliA7X likes this.