1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Game crashes in special events

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Larryf1951, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Ok, before I go to AC or Sony, I will ask here. After the update, when I try to enter the supercar race in special events, the game crashes. So far, that is the only event that causes the crash. I restarted in safe mode after it happened and selected rebuild database. Still crashes. Any suggestions?

Update, it happens in any quick race in special events.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    ingrobny likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Game crashes after opening championship Mar 3, 2024
    Bug reports PS5 crashes when loading "Saved game" Feb 5, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes when switching from quali to race session (online) Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Crashes After Starting Any Race For Months Jul 31, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Gamecrashes without a message Jun 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Team swap ferrari crashes game. Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting After update 1.9 the game crashes while running Apr 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes whenever I save a livery (in game editor) [AV interference] Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Crashes to Desktop - Only in League Races Sep 28, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Crashes to desktop Sep 19, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting game crashes to desktop Sep 13, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes on v1.8.18 Aug 22, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game Crashes Aug 20, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Freezes and crashes when i'm in Team events Jul 22, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Random Game Crashes Jul 18, 2022

3. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Same thing happened to me on the scg event at spar, I tried just recreating the event in quick race and something odd happened, none of the AI cars drove off. This happened in about 4 other races I tried with different cars. I then tried a different event which worked fine then tried the scg event again and no problem.

ingrobny likes this.
  4. Larryf1951

I deleted the game and reinstalled. Gonna download the patch again tomorrow.

5. Larryf1951

I may have been unclear in my post. When I select certain events in the special events section, the game shuts down and I get a blue screen telling there was an error. I restarted the game and attempted to enter the same event. Bam. Crash.

ingrobny likes this.
  6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I understood, that's exactly what I experienced but onlywhen selecting the SCG event, as that car had a bug with the wiper and it is now fixed I thought that may have created another bug, hence why I recreated the race in quick race to check if the race would load with that car.

7. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Is yours the digital version or the disk version? I have digital version and can safely say no matter what event i select to race in (everything) it doesn't crash and hasn't once to this very day. I know there was a few issues with other tittles where the digital versions were not as buggy as the disk versions just after release so that could be that matter here, but it's more than likely something else causing the crashes, have you tried rebuilding your ps4 database? It doesn't delete anything, think of it as a shower for your system when it gets dirty,(no water involved;)) just cleans everything on the system (rebuilds), i have done this many times with other tittles and it usually solves the problem so it might solve yours who knows :)

8. Larryf1951

I did the database rebuild, as I stated in my original post. I have a disk copy. I deleted the game last night and did not have the patience to babysit the patch download. I will download it this evening and will update my results

9. Larryf1951

Ok. I just downloaded the patch 1.03 and a PlayStation update. And the game still crashes in special events

ingrobny likes this.
  10. Larryf1951

I opened a ticket with 505.

ingrobny likes this.
  11. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

could be a corrupted save file thats causing it? you could try deleting your save files and start all over again?lol;)

12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

That's odd, I have disc version too. It crashed again today but only once.

13. likewise

likewise Rookie

PS4 digital version, Mine started to crash last night and today all quick races in special events crash before launch...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    ingrobny likes this.
  14. Larryf1951

It just randomly started working last night. I ran several quick races and it worked fine. Musta been a glitch

15. Pistonprick

Pistonprick Rookie

Having similar problems quick races other cars not moving at start

16. Manu8019

Manu8019 Gamer

i had same problem was my save that was broken , so what i did was delete everything from Hdd then delete also the online storage with AC and then reinstall the game , sadly i lost all progress but the game is ok now

17. likewise

likewise Rookie

Still happens to me and I started a ticket with 505 games, they obviously don't read their own forums because they said " it's news to us"!!!! Please fix your game already...

ingrobny and the-D- like this.
  18. Larryf1951

I did try deleting the game, the reinstalling. I had to download the patch again. I use a hotspot and its sketchy

19. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

20. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

I deleted my save game and started the game and all quick races is working now :).