1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GT Sport

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Warlock, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

So, GT Sport demo is out, basically it's retail game with some limits, and I'd like to hear some words from this community, especially from @Lord Kunos, @Aristotelis and other Devs :)

Cheers...

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions SRO Esports Season 2024 Mar 27, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Global Motorsport Racing Aug 2, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Empty Ferrari Esports Folders Messing up Brand page Mar 26, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting School eSports league computers cannot connect to MP Servers Mar 18, 2023
    Screens & Videos Trans Am 1970 Bryar Motorsports Park Feb 16, 2023
    ACC General Discussions SRO Esports Season 2023 Feb 15, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Synical Simsports Team Liqui Moly Jan 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Rumble Feature on ClubSport V3 Pedals (Fanatec) Oct 18, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ITA PC] Italian GT4 ACI ESport Championship 2022: registrations open Jul 25, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec ClubSport V2.5 Wheelbase Jul 21, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Podium DD1 / Clubsport Pedal V3 rumble issue Jul 8, 2022
    ACC General Discussions FIA Motorsport Games Jun 20, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Shame on you Toni Vera. Low Fuel Motorsport race in Spa Francorchamps Jun 18, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars "Audi Sport" sponsor position on the Audi evo 2 Jun 15, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room PC] Alliant Motorsports Americas - ACC Season 4 - Sundays @ 8:30 PM Eastern Mar 29, 2022

3. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

Demo has been fun.
    For car enthusiasts and history buffs it has an awesome section with massive depth. It looks beautiful and has a great photo section. Gameplay and the driving is fun, but as for simulation AC all the way.

4. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Do you really think that a dev can talk totally free on an other competitor's product?
    In a public forum?

5. Orne

Orne Alien

If you've played AC for any length of time you can make your educated deductions. Drive the GT3 RS at Nords in AC then do the same in GT Sport with similar tires and air pressure, etc, etc.

6. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

No campaign is a massive blow for me, cant justify multiplayer only for £45. Track number was a bigger surprise, 17 tracks was a disappointment, like thats rivalling assetto corsas track count which is a big issue considering they have around 10 times the employees and 50+times the budget.

djfil007 likes this.
  7. Orne

Orne Alien

Ran a few AI races...

FFB is very primiative, I dont even feel a difference when I lock the brakes up .Tire model feels incredibly simplistic. Although given how simple the FFB is it figures. There isn't a gradual progressing with lateral grip, either you have grip or you don't. I wasnt able to use the throttle the balance the car in the corners at all.

I can't imagine GT Academy using this to train people to drive real race cars.

AI cars once you pass them you never see them again.

Great car history info, menu music is fantastic.

Graphics are ok on my 2k monitor. Im sure they look great at 4k.

Seems likes it could be a fun game when played via a gamepad. Not even in the same universe in comparison to Assetto Corsa. This doesnt mean GT Sport can't be fun, just don't expect the same nuanced and in depth driving experience you have in AC

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  8. I don't have a PS4 nor plan to get one :)

9. If there was no gradual progression with lateral grip, drifting wouldn't be possible but it is

10. There is a campaign. It's just shorter. The mission challenge part of the campaign is just like any other GT campaign. Maybe even better. Has endurance races, shorter races, invitational events, less serious/fun events, and all kinds of stuff. I played 2 stages out of the full 8 and had a blast. Took maybe 4 hours because the final race in the second stage I played was 30 laps, and took over an hour. And I didn't even get gold so I'll have to do it again.

The campaign won't keep you busy for months but I'm not sure why you'd want it to. The AI in GT has always been trash. It's better than ever hands down in GT Sport, yet still not the greatest to race with because of dumb quirks.

With Sport Modes skill and safety based matchmaking though, I've had consistently great racing with real people, and that will always beat any AI.

11. Yeah me neither otherwise I'd prolly get the game.

12. quakeguy

quakeguy Hardcore Simmer

Played it for a few hours. As expected, it's a solid casual driving experience. Nothing AC needs to worry about.
    But the overall presentation, apart from a cluttered ps2 era main menu, is still very special. On-track graphics are also nice, no doubt. A few quality inconsistencies here and there, probably to keep the frame rate half-solid. Still impressive what they can get out of the hardware.

I'll still skip it, as the iRacing mp structure is just not for me.

13. Orne

Orne Alien

I stand (sim race) corrected. Just discovered that Active Stability Management, Traction control and countersteering assist are enabled by default, this was after choosing what I thought was expert mode. Sadly I can't feel much via the FFB which for me makes braking extremely difficult. Spoiled by Assetto Corsa I guess, ha !

What I found annoying is FFB settings being somewhat hidden. Logic would dictate these settings would be in the controller section, nope!

Access to FFB settings and driving aids is only available in a sub screen right before each race or challenge.. sigh..

The physics and FFB in LFS feel more convincing that GT Sport, IMHO, hahah.

Cool demo, most definitely not for me.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  14. Orne

Orne Alien

On my G29 when used in GT Sport, centering spring is active, it feels like its at 100%. Not a good thing !

15. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Playing the demo for 2 days now, uploaded a viedeo with a physics issue in the game
    Very dissapointed with the car handling and the FFB. I can't believe it's even worse and more unrealistic than forza 7...
    The most stupid and game breaking feature is the vibration and wheel cracking you get when the cars undesteer, it breaks all the driving and the lines.
    The camera view doesn't have too much control either. In some cars it's alright, in others the cockpit vew its still too far, especialy GT3 cars. The best way to drive is from external view, but its a roof vew which is very unrealistic too.
    So many disappointments with the game...:(

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Downloaded the demo over night ( :) ), and played it a bit this morning. Actually, I like it for what it is: a console racing game. Surprisingly stick steering via gamepad worked better than feared (and much better than in PC1). Wanting to change options always leads to CTD. The looks I like as well, the car exteriors are amongst top class, imo, and the actin has that typical Gran Turismo feeling I remember from my first GT on PS1 those many years ago, but its improved. Sound is not that good, however, it gives me the lull, and the omnipresent bad music doesnt help either. That photo mode, for what it is, is a pleasant little toy thing, plenty of details and options, and creating very good results, I did not know such things (except photo converters, of course). In no way this is a realistic hardcore simulation, so do not compare it to that. Take it for what it is, and you have a solid console racing game. But they have homework to do, the option screen crashes me, always. I would have liked to try the motion steering, but I cannot switch to it for this reason.

Maybe I will get it in a sale one day, but I am neither in a hurry or even just a waiting mode. With steering wheel i could imagine to have plenty of fun with this. But i shy away from the reconstruction work in my living room that would be needed to switch from PC racing to console racing with wheel.

Hey, its a Gran Turismo! ;)

17. Orne

Orne Alien

In one race I was driving a BMW M4 and was able to catch and pass a GT3 RS. :rolleyes:

18. quakeguy

quakeguy Hardcore Simmer

That's because they bop all cars to matching classes. But yes, it doesn't feel "right".

19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Just saw a german YT vid and what did I see?
    Working indicators...
    *jealous*
    :)

Vel likes this.
  20. Orne

Orne Alien

HAHAHA, I saw buttons for that in the wheel configuration screen, never tested them out. .I wonder if GT Sport has back up lights as well ?

21. Orne

Orne Alien

yea, I figured as much. Just seems silly, oh well

That is when you get fools online talking about how their friends M4 could smoke a GT3 RS because the same thing happened in GT Sport, hahaha.