1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GT3-spec Physics and driver aids

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by KingKenny04, Feb 16, 2014.

1. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Simracer

Curious about how the physics work with the GT3 cars. As I understand it, Group GT3 regulations allow for Traction Control and ABS on GT3 cars. AFAIK the IMSA GTD class is the only GT3-using series that disallows driver aids. My question is do the physics for the GT3 cars take these driver aids into account? Are Traction Control and ABS incorporated into the GT3 cars without turning them on in the difficulty settings? Or would turning driver aids off make the car act like a GT3 car with driver aids removed? Conversely, would turning driver aids on make the GT3s handle like they had "double" driver aids? I'm trying to figure out which settings will give me the most authentic GT3 experience.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyre Physics settings ( PIRELLI 265/645-18 DH, DHB, WH ) Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Physics New physics didn't work for the BMW M4 GT3 May 2, 2023
    ACC User Interface Simulation is not only the physics!!! Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Blog The ACC V1.9.0 physics notes document Apr 19, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres physics, need some explanations on FZ's, Dx_REF,LS_EXP's and MULT Jan 19, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Small excel tool to edit car physics Jan 15, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Is it possible to change physics values in game with Python? Sep 12, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashes in MP endurance race UE4 & Physics (12h) Mar 12, 2022
    ACC Physics ABS problem ? Physics ? What happened here ? Dec 7, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Сar does not move [Duplicate report from Physics] Dec 1, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 400hz physics refresh rate. Nov 24, 2021
    Physics Bugs & Issues Physics issue with road cars in AC 1.16.X Oct 29, 2021
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Realistic physics? Aug 29, 2021
    ACC Physics Contact/Crash Physics Apr 28, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions PS4 vs PC: Difference in physics Jan 10, 2021

3. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I believe that the most authentic experience would be with ABS on and TC on.
    Don't forget your helmet, gloves, camelback, and seatbelt :]
    ~Bailey

4. This is a quote from Aris: You could use some Traction Control. It's not an assist, don't look at it like that. It's how the real cars are used by the real drivers. Before you almost didn't need it, now you can use it as a part of the setup of the car and benefit from it, especially in tyre temps and wear.

When you start up a session in a GT3 car ABS is on by default...you must use ctrl+A to turn it off......TCS is off by default and you must use Ctrl+T to cycle through the levels of intervention, 1 being the most "intrusive".

5. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Simracer

So the GT3 cars, AS MODELED by AC, are modeled with TC and ABS off?

6. TC is off by default, ABS is on.

7. gnr_tb

gnr_tb Racer

You mean level 1 TCS is the most active or the least?

8. Level 1 is the most active; it would be the setting that would be used in heavy rain or even ice for example.....

Shaddix likes this.
  9. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Simracer

Right, but I'm not talking about in-game TC and ABS. I'm wondering if the physics modeling for the GT3 cars incorporates ABS and TC without in game settings, or if they are modeled as if the GT3 car had them disabled, so as to not interfere with in game settings.

What I'm asking is will a GT3 car in AC, with ABS and TC OFF in the in-game settings, handle like a GT3 car in the real world with ABS and TC disabled? Or would enabling TC and/or ABS in the in game settings give the effect of "doubling up" the effect of driver aids?

10. In the real world pretty much no GT car will have ABS disabled....go in game and turn off ABS and see if you lock up the tires...

edit...Protip...you will lock them up easily with ABS off

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  11. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Simracer

Good idea, hadn't thought of that.

12. I made the same question over simraceway sometime ago. What you want to know is if the regulated drivers aid are hardcoded into the car´s physics. I dont know the answer for this question in AC, but I went deeper in SRW to find the answer. That brought me to rfactor, which shares the same game engine and there, in every car´s physics, there is a penalty table, which can be configured for every drivers aids and steps. These penalties, AFAIK, were applied to the torque, lowering it the more "extra" driver´s assist that the user chooses to use. For example, the car in question was a 1993 Alfa Romeo 155 DTM. These cars were allowed (in real life) to run all sorts of electronics, so for those, TC 1,2; ABS 1,2,3; Stability 1... there were no penalties, but if you went Stability 2, you´d get "some" penalty in.

There is probably something similar in AC, for it makes much more sense to write the cars´ basic physics starting from the very basic.

13. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

TC is mainly there because GT3 cars are endurance cars and during a race it's all about tire management.

In this video Mclaren works driver explains the importance and use of TC(6:30 on):

14. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Simracer

Bang on. Articulated much better than I could hope for. Interesting info on the penalty tables.

15. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

That video explaining all the TC usage and ABS usage was brilliant. I think im right in saying we can control the amount of TC but can we control the amount of ABS similar to how it is in real life for the 12C GT3?

16. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

I would say so. It's just ABS on or off.

In the Zonda however even the ABS has levels(in early version it was only one too).

17. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

Thanks for all the info and great video in the thread. I knew the GT3 cars used ABS but never knew they used TCS.

If I was to turn TCS on when I'm in the car in AC, would my laps on RSR be considered "non-pro" rank?

18. This is my first post ever on this forum and i was wondering about the led lights in the Mclaren Mp4 - 12C GT3.
    They don't react the same as in the real car. The Led's stay way up instead of dissapearing when you lift your foot of the throttle.
    Any reactions of you guys would be appreciated.

And for the development team by Kunos thumbs up. I am having the most fun in simulator racing ever.

19. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

NO

Only if you use the game aids(selected from the menus) which are fake and not realistic.

TC electronics in car are realistic!

Mogster, Kristaps and spiritofsenna like this.
  20. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

Not sure about the LED lights, will have a look when I next go on. What I do hope is that more data is added to the LCD though, I feel it helps with the immersion. For example if laptimes were displayed on the little LCD that would be awesome and maybe gaps or something like that.

21. Your lap will NOT be counted as "pro" on the RSR leaderboards if you use TCS.