1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Help! - system comparison quadro 2gb vs gt 730m 1g

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by IamChadley, Jun 1, 2015.

1. IamChadley

IamChadley Rookie

Hello Assetto Corsa!

Recently got Assetto Corsa as my first legitimate racing simulator. Prior I tried out SimRaceWay, but thought that a game would be better supported and have a higher quality with a retail price. Got a basic wheel for my needs and bam, I can't log in unless I have several free hours so that I don't get sucked in and forget to study!

Anyway, my current laptop (mainly used for 3D design & simulation as I'm an engineering student) is a
    Lenovo T440p 14" HD+ (1600x900) [usually projected to a 40" 1920x1080 tv but let's disregard the TV for comparison's sake because that's temporary]
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    i7-4700MQ @ 2.40GHz: Haswell, 6MB Cache, up to 3.40 GHZ
    on an Lenovo manufactured Intel:Haswell motherboard w/ PCI-Express graphic interface
    w/ Intel HD Graphics 4600 1GB integrated graphics
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    nvidia GeForce GT 730M 1G GPU [I ensure AC runs with this]
    Solid state HD

Now, lets assume each laptop runs with internet connection, running programs, and each has their drivers up to date.

Potential system upgrade [upgrade relative to my professional uses]
    Lenovo W541 15.6" FHD (1920x1080)
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    i7-4710MQ @2.50GHz, 6MB Cache, up to 3.50GHz
    w/ similar Intel integrated graphics
    16GB DDR3L
    nvidia Quadro K1100M 2GB [again, I'd ensure AC used this GPU]
    Solid state HD

Again, with the assumption each system was using the same internet connection, same running programs, and each was running the most up to date drivers; would the W541 allow me to:
    a) run AC at the same video/audio settings with higher response rates, frame rates, and/or general performance;
    b) run AC at higher video/audio settings with the roughly the same responsiveness, frame rate, and/or general performance?

There is also the question of does Assetto Corsa even support Quadro GPUs?

Either way, I will most likely be swapping my T440p for a W541 in a few months. Regardless, please let me know what the community and support team thinks. If anyone has or knows someone with experience running Assetto Corsa [or general gaming for that matter] with nvidia Quadro GPUs please reply! I appreciate it.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Tools Online League Management System & Livetiming for ACC ?? Jun 30, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Causing System Restart in the Menus [HW instability] Apr 25, 2023
    General modding discussion AC2 dedicated server API for competition systems Apr 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Rating System down? Feb 21, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error occurs at any time during the race [multiple failure points - system instability] Oct 8, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash [multiple failure points - system instability] Oct 5, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error [multiple failure points - system instability] Aug 21, 2022
    ACC Tools SimRacing Management System Jul 16, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Speedrunning Career Mode TA, weird points system Jul 14, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Systematic crash of the game Jul 8, 2022
    ACC Physics Please Devs fix the contact system, it's getting more and more frustrating to race like this Jul 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crashes ALWAYS in VR [system instability] Jun 11, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer DRIVER SWAP SYSTEM May 22, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Fatal Error - Game won't start [system instability] Apr 20, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Systematic crashes on ACC [Corsair keyboard dinput spam] Mar 28, 2022

3. Gsgomma!

Gsgomma! Racer

I do not know much about notebook or quadro gpu but from what I have found making a search the quadro is better then 730m because has GDDR5 vs GDDR3 of the 730m, but you have to find out if the quadro and the relative driver are ok in gaming, If there are no problems you can run at high settings then before

IamChadley likes this.
  4. Pingus

Pingus Simracer

I have a HP 8560W and it has the Quadro 2000M (which is based on Fermi). The gpu has 2GB of ddr3 (which makes the main difference with the 460m) and, with the i7 2620M (dual-core), it gets the job done with some nice filters on @1080p. I don't do any races againt AI so I can't comment on that but for hotlapping, it really works fine. You grab the performance driver on the Nvidia website and you should be fine. All games will launch.

Since you asked about performance in general, I also tried BeamNG and Spintires. Well Spintires works nicely but BeamNG, not so much. The game is not optimized yet (it's still in alpha) and is really cpu intensive so... Lowering the resolution helps but it barely maintains 30fps.

Keep in mind my laptop is almost 3 years old and it has a dual-core.

IamChadley likes this.