1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Help with gaining speed on Misano

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Burnleyhome, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

I did a Hotstint on Misano with Audi and safe setup. I used 45l fuel and a 3 for TC & ABS.
    It was a 15min stint.

Best lap was 1:37.1 and other 10 laps were within 1 second (which is good for me).
    Vid of it

I can supply the replay of the stint as well if needed.
    Here is Motec for the stint.

Any advice to gain time would be awesome.
    I think my lines on most corners could be improved and should get on power earlier.

Attached Files:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars AI pitlane contact continues after pit exit and position gaining. Mar 26, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Gaining time with LMP1 at Le Mans Jun 12, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Press esc go to pits not gaining a lap Jul 11, 2015
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU full load and fans at full speed Mar 2, 2024
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues How to disable the excessive speed alert in turns Nov 17, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Tire rotation visuals at slow speeds be like Jul 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ferrari 296GT3 / suddenly extreme topspeed. Jul 2, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues ACC 1.9 replay speed bug Apr 21, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Speed Hacker Spotted Disappointed Nov 9, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Tyre Wear Resets after speeding in pit Sep 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Speed Limit Aug 29, 2022
    Physics Bugs & Issues Real speed for Spa and Porsche, also every other Track and Car Jul 30, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Speedrunning Career Mode TA, weird points system Jul 14, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Career mode - auto DQ for speeding in pit lane Jul 5, 2022
    ACC Physics Audi Evo II pit limiter speed Jul 4, 2022

3. Nesja

Nesja Racer

Hey, most room for improvement I see in hitting your braking points and turn in points more consistently.
    Sometimes you overshoot the braking, sometimes it's a bit too early.

Your driving lines themselves seem good. From the video I see that you know how to take corners, it's just that you miss the apex' sometimes due to braking too late/early.
    I'd make this your main focus to work on. Aside from this you could push harder and get on throttle a bit earlier, but this is something that will also become easier when you hit your braking and turn in points more consistent.

FelixR1991 likes this.
  4. junneh

junneh Gamer

The lines are good.

Brake earlier for the 3rd corner (the slow double right), and try not to slide coming on the backstraight, it will cost alot of time. Try to cut more the 4th gear corner after the backstraight too.

You can safely move brake bias to 58-60 in Audi to help with braking distance also.

5. sid1965

sid1965 Gamer

Have a look at this from Aris, you will learn a lot. I did.

6. dave967

dave967 Racer

Push the limits until you spin in the corners, you need to find that point just before the car wants to oversteer or understeer and maintain it on each corner. Don't be afraid to use the curbs on each corner.

7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Don't do that.
    By looking at your video, I can see that you're already using the kerbs well enough. The problem is that you push too hard and you try to brake too late, resulting in overshooting the turn in and missing the apex in many turns. This makes losing a lot of time waiting for the car to get back in line and accelerating later than you should, costing you a lot of time.

My advice is, try to brake a tiny bit earlier in all the corners, get your braking mark 2-5meters before of where you brake now. Focus on nailing the apex correctly and you'll be able to accelerate earlier. Watch your delta going green and profit! :D
    Have a great new year

Jason Schofield likes this.
  8. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

Cheers for all replies.
    These laptimes from the vid were done after watching that Aris' vid.. esp how to take the last corner.
    I'm actually stoked that I'm using decent lines and using the kerbs.

When watching the replays, I noticed that it sounds like I slide on most corners, not just on the double as Junneh mentioned. Is this true on the other corners?

Following the advice given, I'll setup my braking a wee bit earlier and focus on being consistent.
    I normally do 15min stints, but I'll see about extending it to 30 and focus on consistency instead of laptimes.

You guys are awesome.

9. C#27

C#27 Gamer

One more advice I can give is not to go on and off the throttle because it is unsettling the car. Always keep in mind that by applying the throttle you shift wheight towards the rear and when you get off the throttle the rear gets light.

There are a few corners where you get on the throttle after you finished braking but before the apex, then get off the throttle again before actually starting to accelerate out of the corner. Let the car coast to the apex and only from the apex onwards apply the throttle gradually. Worst example is the second last corner in the video were you are on and off the throttle constantly, the last corner on the other hand looks quite good.
    As a rule of thumb you shouldn't be on the throttle before the apex in corners that can't be taken full throttle. An exeption may be fast corners, I'd say above 180 kph, where applying at least some amount of throttle before the apex may stabilize the rear end.