1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How to......Drag Race

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris 576, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

Okey Dokey,
    Top update and loving the 599 but for the life of me can't Drag Race, any pointers please??

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay No medal awarded in Endurance Race May 7, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer ACC dedicated server race start hangs, but only on Nordshleife Apr 13, 2024
    ACC Gameplay [Nords] Retired AI or AI in pits do not count as having finished the race Apr 3, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC chrashed started Race in carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    Bug reports Ps5-Crashed startet Race carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Race length in Single player Mar 29, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Gold medal endurance races Mar 25, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Loosing save progress mid race and after race. (Xbox series x) Mar 19, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Cant start a solo race. Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024
    ACC Gameplay GT4 not leaving PIT in Multi-class race Jan 28, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Formation lap counts as race lap Jan 27, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Missing cars in GT2 solo races Jan 26, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024

3. ProTraX

ProTraX Racer

Me neither, can't see a Drag mode except in the Race tab (which is disabled)
    Also i can't see special events, i can chose special events, but its not showing me any events there..

4. Chris 576

Click on the Drag Race tab and it takes you to the right screen, however once on track you get the 'Christmas Tree' going from top to bottom,
    however regardless of when I floor the 'go' pedal it goes back to set up for next race?? :(

5. ProTraX

ProTraX Racer

6. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

you need to go to the RACE button and it's there

7. ProTraX

ProTraX Racer

The race tab is greyed out, i can't click anything there.

8. Sm1ggs

Sm1ggs Racer

All good here but I can't win a race

9. ProTraX

ProTraX Racer

10. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Protrax, try validating the integrity of your cache. Right-click AC in your Steam games list, properties, local files tab, and "verify integrity of game cache". See if that works.

11. Chris 576

Must admit none of the Special events work now though...:(

12. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Drag racing is though with the default AI. I have learned a trick to win 90 percent of the time though ;)
    The Ai knows all...

13. ProTraX

ProTraX Racer

Thanks! It said it found 19 files it couldn't inspect. What to do now? Reinstall?

14. Ethan Dean

Nope, you should just be able to play :) Give it a try.

15. ProTraX

ProTraX Racer

Hmm. Nope. After restarting steam, it downloaded 10 mb for AC. But still same, can't click race tab and still got no events..

16. Ethan Dean

That's weird... alrighty, sorry to say, try deleting all local content and downloading from scratch. That's all I can really suggest :(

17. ProTraX

ProTraX Racer

Thanks for the help anyways :D Will do tomorrow. Seeya!

Ethan Dean likes this.
  18. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Simracer

I just whipped the 599 6-0 on 100% once I got my timing right on the green light ... 6 is the magic number, then stomp it :)

I do get the occasional bug out where it takes me right to the replay after a run before I have defeated the opponent overall, I am having an absolute ball racing the faster cars on 100% as they have awesome reaction times and if you dont get off the line before them then its almost impossible to reel them back in ... so much fun, thanks KS :D

19. Stoner79-UK

Stoner79-UK Rookie

If the timing to green light differed and the AI didn't always rev at the same time just before the lights go out it would be pretty tough....but as it is it's dead easy (unless I turn the audio off - so I can't hear the AI's engine).

I look forward to drag racing people on multiplayer though, then it's really down to timing (which judging at my average of 1.3 seconds I have room for improvement lol)

20. 1wild1

1wild1 Gamer

They really need to fix the light. The timing should be the same between the yellows and green as the rest of the yellow to yellow lights. Multiplayer drag racing is gonna be a blast...

21. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

no the green light needs to be random between a certain range, that's how it is in RL