1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How to optimize for YouTube

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by Andy-R, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Probably because I have a $200 GPU and you have a $500 one, would be my guess. :)
    Now I am sad again....stupid GTX770.....stupid me making bad life choices which ended up with me being poor.....

2. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Ah, maybe the 1440p and above with 60 fps capture is only a maxwell card supported feature now that I think about it. Kind of a dick move by nvidia indeed. In any case, currently uploading a test video of AC that was captured at 1440p 60 fps @50kbps that is downsized to 1080p 60 fps @12kbps to give a more comparative picture than the dirt rally one.

These were the sizes of those vids - the big one was 1.05 gb for the 3 minute vid while the downsampled one is ~300mb. Will take an hour to upload 300 mb with my crap internet speeds though so will bump thread in an hour. :p

Andy-R likes this.
  3. Torcano

Torcano Alien

@andy-riches Here's the test vid of AC at 12000 bitrate, advantages of capturing at 1440 and downsampling to 1080 = no jaggies whatsoever as well. So that's another bonus if your card can handle it. :p

4. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

OP, why not use OBS?
    Have a look at this:

Yes, it looks a bit ugly but consider my humble configuration and my humble LOW settings ingame (see my signature).
    Sporadic stutter is from my CPU or GPU not processing fast enough.
    Otherwise when alone on track game runs +120 FPS which is OK for me. :)
    2 minutes ~ 100MB.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    Nasos Charalampou likes this.
  5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I did try setting 1440 in Shadowplay but i can't see any change really. My display can only handle 1920x1080 will it still make a difference?
    Your AC video does look nicer but i do see that cloudy thing going on mainly in the road surface above the car, it might just be an AC thing if that is with the same settings you used for your Dirt Rally video.

Here is my replay re-recorded with highest bitrate and 1440

6. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Ah, that cloudiness on motion is most probably due to motion blur, I usually turn it on while taking screenshots and stuff. Motion blur pretty much destroys quality on youtube because it turns into a vaseline filter once youtube is done compressing the video further, should have checked that off before I recorded. :p

And it doesn't matter if your monitor can't handle 1440p, mine are three 1080p monitors as well. I run 1440p custom profiles on them and play at 7680x1440. Shadowplay captures the resolution at which the game is rendering at and not your monitor's base resolution, so as long as your game is running in 1440p then you are fine. :)

Andy-R likes this.
  7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Thanks for all the help :) I will keep playing around with my settings. That cloudiness really annoys me! There's a lot less of it in your video so im sure it is possible to get a better quality video in AC.

8. Torcano

Torcano Alien

I'll post another vid in a bit with the same car and track combo and sunny weather as in your vid and see how it turns out as a reference then. All this fiddling, just the way I like it. xD

Andy-R likes this.
  9. burrito

burrito Alien

Hmm I'm having issues with original capture (I think). Set my shadowplay to 1080p 50k bit rate and recorded both AC and iRacing for around 5mins. Both videos (raw from shadowplay) seem blurry between frames (It's not motion blur as iRacing doesn't have it AFAIK and I made sure to turn it off in AC). Although I must agree downgrading the bit rate made almost no difference to the quality.

10. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Also I think (for the cloudiness) you should turn off Post processing effects and do this:
    ....Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\graphics.ini
    [DX11]
    MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=0
    MIP_LOD_BIAS=-0.5 ; GO NEGATIVE (ie. -1) TO SHARP THE IMAGE

It is a simple way to sharpen the picture ingame.

11. :confused:
    No, don't do that.

12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

13. Yeah they accept raw video, which is how it should be to get the actual quality rather than the blurry mush you usually get in youtube. Only easy way to get good quality in YT as far as I know is just to use shadowplay and upload the raw video.

Andy-R likes this.
  14. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

do you know if it is possible to embed videos from gamersyde.com?

15. bzucobzuco

bzucobzuco Hardcore Simmer

YT quliaty sucks, they certainly use GPUs for encoding and it is not enough (some quality options are missing / not programed or another reasons..).
    I tried upload original fraps 331Mbit 1080p 30fps video and YT produce 4Mbit video: they encode it using 2 ReFrames. More reference frames in encoding process are good for better distribution bitrate across entire video. I dont know if YT enc. process use some better motion estimation...perhaps none. I gues, from marketing reasons it sounds better "encoding on GPU is 10, 20, 30x faster than on CPU"...low quality as "we have 2-3x faster GPU encoding with same quality as on CPU" :)

I understand, that YT has enormous amount of request per day to upload some content...so they choice rather speed than quality. Maybe they prioritize some conten, which is then encoded with higher quality...I gues game videos doesnt belongs to that content..
    Vimeo has better quality, but we know, there is less content and it is newer service than YT.

About GPU video encoding. I'am using mediacoder software for encoding. If I need best quality and reasonable size, I select CPU encoder x264 with slow preset and 8Mbit bitrate for 1080p content. From GPU encoders in last version is the best NVENC 2pass encoder, then INTEL encoder, then NVENC 1pass...of course GPU enc. are not nearly as quality as CPU x264.

It is year 2016 and we still cannot produce h264 1080p content with lowest possible bitrate and highest possible quality at the acceptable amount of time without additional postproduction and reencoding processes. I am talking about content from cameras, smartphones, computers(fraps,shadow, OBS,..).

Seria17hri11er and Andy-R like this.
  16. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

why?

17. AC is designed to be used with PP on; it doesn't look nearly as nice with PP effects off. Looking at your sig I can see why you wouldn't use them though.

f1webberfan likes this.
  18. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Tip: Use motion blur at its highest setting when recording a video in AC or else the encoder will try to encode all the little road details and fail miserably due to bitrate restrictions causing horribly blocky video.

Seria17hri11er, bzucobzuco and Andy-R like this.