1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic HUD elements for the console versions

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by hobieone, Nov 16, 2016.

1. hobieone

hobieone Gamer

this is a subject I think needs to be address for both the PS4 and xbox one. basically I just picked up the pc version of the game and really liked how you can customize the hud . and how it you can have feed back from different systems of the car to see what things like tires and suspension ect is doing while your driving.

this is some thing that is lacking in the console version . are there plans to have this type of car feed back on the hud on the consoles as well? cause I think it is necessary for the console versions as well. as I do prefer to play on my console as it the platform the group I race with is on primarily.

atm moment we all like the AI and the feel of AC way better than pcars. but lack of car feed back while driving to help with car setup adjustments and lack of private lobbies are the only thing keeping us from switching over to AC for competitive racing.

paul_wev and Horus like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues HUD elements not visible due to external DDU Mar 25, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality HUD elements Jun 1, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality To VR users - feelings on HUD elements positioning? Apr 4, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality VR Floating HUD Elements Oct 25, 2018
    ACC User Interface movement of HUD elements Oct 16, 2018
    ACC Virtual Reality HUD elements clipping car and track Oct 12, 2018
    ACC User Interface HUD elements with surround resolutions Sep 12, 2018
    ACC User Interface HUD elements (Apps) not resizable Sep 12, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cannot play anymore. Only get black screen with half HUD elements showing. Apr 25, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds HUD Elements don't work even when selected. Apr 22, 2017
    ACC Troubleshooting Major Lag/Freeze, Causing Hud and Cars to disappear and reappear Feb 24, 2024
    ACC User Interface CTRL+Left/right for HUD moving stopped working Dec 10, 2023
    ACC User Interface What is Minimum Message Priority in HUD settings?? Oct 26, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Nothing is saved (HUD, race result) Jul 3, 2023
    ACC User Interface HUD "rectangular area" not transparent in VR Mar 1, 2023

3. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

The console version needs live split-times to opponents and not the nonsensical positional update we get at the start of each lap. It is currently ridiculous.

Another element which really bugs is how, upon race completion, we get a list of fastest laps and not total race time. Insert an additional column for that if you want but you must display total race time.

I love racing in Assetto Corsa, and am not someone who gives out, but those two items are beyond comprehension.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

Hi Hobieone, it is a shame you do not have access to the APP's we have on the right side of the screen. I hope that is implemented for you soon, or at the very least you get some of the telemetry apps. I'm sure we will all find out soon enough what is updated.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  5. hobieone

hobieone Gamer

oh I know! i'm getting my ps4 fixed and went and got the pc version. and saw this and was like why don't the consoles have this stuff. it possible. project cars on the consoles have access to telemetry apps and can display this telemetry on the hud. so not sure why kunos hasn't enabled this on the consoles yet. but would be satisfied to wait if they would official say that they are working on this. :)

Horus likes this.
  6. Horus

Horus Alien

Kunos are well known for keeping their cards close to their chest. It is a waiting game and usually it works out for the best. :)

DUNKY- DOPEUS and Y22 Rydr like this.
  7. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

The car status is there on Assetto as i've seen it a times but it only seems to come up briefly when you take on damage. So you would think it would be a fairly simple matter to make it available via a button press as we have in so many other racing titles.

I really love Assetto and will continue to enjoy it but having these little things made available would enhance that enjoyment so much.

Horus likes this.
  8. Horus

Horus Alien

The damage/car status display has only ever shown when damaged happens on the PC version as well. I've turn the sucker off as I find it a distraction, more accurately made the model totally transparent. There are some very nice tiny apps that do the same job in the PC version. Personally I don't like things that flash in view, it is either there or I don't want it. :)

Hammerpgh likes this.
  9. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

I don't think we have the option to turn it off... not that I have so far seen anyway.

10. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Good call. We have no way really of seeing what kind of state the tyres are in at the moment. Cold, hot, or just plain knackered !!