1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I just bought an omega gt race seat

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by myimac, Feb 20, 2015.

1. myimac

myimac Alien

hi guys,

So I can officially declare that Assetto is bad for your bank balance... This game made me get a race seat, g27, soundbar and soon a triple display setup.

I never used to understand why people spent more on peripherals then the game itself. I'm now a believer.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Just bought a Logitech DD G PRO wheel Dec 25, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting (1.8.19) UE4-AC2 crashes every time after I bought new graphics card. Dec 6, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions I just bought an acer nitro 5 May 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Bye console , I bought an acer nitro 5 May 4, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting I Just bought the game , It wont open [Corsair driver issue + doc folder synced under OneDrive] Oct 31, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Umm so just bought the game and cant see any shadows on cloudy and rainy etc. weather. Feb 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Bought the GT4 pack but cars still locked Sep 9, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Just bought ACC to test on PS4 Pro after awful Xbox One X experience! Jun 24, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I've just bought the game and on start up there's an error message. Jul 16, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Just bought the game wont open Jul 15, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Just Bought the Game. Won't Even Open Jun 22, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues bought the game on 2 steam accounts but same profile. Help. Apr 20, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Just bought the game and it wont open at all Apr 1, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Just bought game, instant crash Mar 1, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Its been a month since i bought the game and i still cant play online Feb 18, 2018

3. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to the (empty-wallet-)club :D

4. The Entity

The Entity Hardcore Simmer

Hehe. I also joined the club. Never owned a wheel and now I have a CSW V2 and BMW rim. Saving money now for the CSP V2. I blame AC ;-)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

kofotsjanne and myimac like this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im with you! Even though there isnt a issue sitting for long in my chair when playing other games my back just started to hurt really bad when using my steering wheel on my desktop and played for more then 1h.

I also got a GT Omega (art) and its like night and day. Great service, fast answers in mail and most important great comfort! You wont get dissapointed!

btw, its also pretty lightweight which is a huge +

6. kjelle

kjelle Racer

I'm in the club too! CSWv2+918wheel+SQv1.5+CSPv2 + accessories. Now I realized that I need a seat to keep all the stuff together...

7. GTHQ_koop

Oooh, that's just the start...Bofore you know it you want Simvibe....And a buttonbox...And...so on :D

8. ThereIs0nly0ne

ThereIs0nly0ne Simracer

Yup, it's a costly and slippery slope. As detailed in the Your Rig/Setup thread, it made me build this (Fanatec Clubsport gear, monitor, amp, Simvibe software, GTX 980, 4 Buttkickers, DSD button Box, Tilton pads, Sparco seat plus all the materials ... and investing 350 hours of my time ...):

[​IMG]

I still have to add triple screens, another large Buttkicker and amp and an Android display for DashMeterPro.

My wallet hates me too.

JoeMoore, normal, myimac and 4 others like this.
  9. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

Best looking rig ever!

ThereIs0nly0ne likes this.
  10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Holy! Really nice!

ThereIs0nly0ne likes this.
  11. kjelle

kjelle Racer

Won't happend. :rolleyes:

12. kjelle

kjelle Racer

Any thoughts of GT Omega ART/Pro vs Playseat Revolution? They would be within my financial target range. Fanatecs seems too wobbly.

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I havent tried playseat myself but i didnt go with it because of the bar in the middle. It seems like that could get in the way.
    If its warm outside and you having shortpants it looks like it can actually be a even bigger issue.

14. GTHQ_koop

Also got that on my WRC, doesn't bother me in the slightest (left foot braking or heel-toe is no issue) but after a while it will have some sideways movement. That would hold me back from buying another, not the bar in the middle ;)
    Seat is also sitting pretty straight up but I like that.

EDIT: what kind of pedals your using could also be a deal breaker, I had to remove/modify the footplate because the angle wasn't adjustable and was too weak for my Heusinkveld's.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Good thing you cleared that up. :)

16. kjelle

kjelle Racer

OK, I thought I was close to a decision, to go for PS Revolution. Now I'm hesitating, and can't make up my mind. It's your fault! :mad:

17. kjelle

kjelle Racer

With Revolution the bar is not between you feet, which for me is a no no. The bar between your thighs doesn't seem to bother the owners. Hmmm, choices, decisions, more choices, decisions... Life is hard!

18. The bar between your feet is not necessarily an issue, I have the playseat Evolution and either I do not notice anymore or it does not disturb me too much. At least it's pretty rigid and not allowingfor too much movement to the sides.

The rSeat looks pretty good and rigid to me, without having the wheel bar between your legs.....

19. kjelle

kjelle Racer

The rSeat 1 looks nice, but costs €529 + Shifter Upgrade Kit €99. At least €628 which is above my budget for this at the moment. With freight close to €700, twice the figures for both GT Omega or Playseat alternatives.

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Dont you need to add seatslider/shifter mount to the playseat aswell? I dont know how much that would cost though.

21. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

I've had a playseat for about 5 years. About a year in I ditched the folding seat for a kevlar corbeau seat as I found it wasnt very supportive and I was getting lower back pains. The problem seemed to lie in a horizontal metal bar around the lumbar area that seems to be there because of the folding seat arrangement. Perhaps the later versions have sorted that.
    The steering column bar is not that restrictive but it does limit my heel toe method a little - i've learnt to adapt to it though.
    It's kept me happy for a few years but its time for an upgrade so an Obutto revolution is on the radar.