1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I predict: Many of us are going to become close friends...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cooknn, Dec 28, 2013.

1. cooknn

cooknn Alien

...And even closer competitors! Over the next several years as this title evolves, many of us will get to know each other on a first name basis. Even though we could be worlds apart geographically, Assetto Corsa will be our hangout, and our place to show our stuff. For now, we help each other in the forums and post our hot laps. Soon it will be "See you on the track!" This is gonna be good :D

sketchyterry, Potzors, Sakai and 5 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    PlayStation 4 Discussions UNPREDICTABLE FOTOFINISH May 26, 2021
    ACC Gameplay detla / predict lap time not accurate (1.5.0) May 31, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Any predictions for next update ? Oct 13, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Weather prediction Sep 19, 2019
    ACC User Interface How can I remove the prediction weather HUD ? Aug 16, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Braking becomes unpredictable as time progresses Jun 5, 2019
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Anti Downshift feature: Not consistent and always predictable Dec 11, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues mp remote player prediction when connection lost Oct 25, 2016
    Chit Chat Room End of the year predictions and next track Dec 16, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Your prediction for the big announcement dec 31st Dec 27, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Fuel prediction un fuel tab wrong Oct 17, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Next "Thread" predictions... Feb 27, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues E30 missing gear shift prediction animation Nov 9, 2013
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds any server with many different mods crashes on startup Mar 2, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error - so many since v1.8+ - please HELP [faulty RAM module] Sep 27, 2022

3. first names, no.

i will keep calling you cooknn. :D

cooknn likes this.
  4. cooknn

cooknn Alien

That works too!

5. I hope it turns out that way. Some of my what i would call good friends are people i've never even met before, but played and chat with every night during my forza days. I just got into PC sims and i'm looking for that same type of feeling.

GravesLab and cooknn like this.
  6. cooknn

cooknn Alien

In my experience with PC sims it should. I remember back in the day when it was Grand Prix Legends on-line through VROC (Virtual Racers' Online Connection). We had some great times. Some of the names I remember were Greger Huttu, Alison Hine, Uwe Schuerkamp, Tim Wheatley, and even David Kaemmer was known to hop into a race from time to time. Was great fun.

7. GravesLab

GravesLab Rookie

Yeah this is my first PC racing sim. I have played many xbox "sims" but was never fully satisfied. I got tired of paying Microsoft a monthly fee over two years ago. I love close racing and D class FF or FR street cars are my favorite. I was even imagining school bus, mini van, truck, and other random non-race car races. Looking forward to fast clean racing with everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. DaveH36

DaveH36 Gamer

I too came from console racing, and this is my first try at PC racing Got to know some of the guys from Forza pretty well. That sense of community is for me one of the best outcomes of online racing. The driving experience with AC is so much better and I feel like I'm finally learning some of the techniques needed to keep a car on the track...
    Seems like a good group of guys on here. The future looks bright.

9. TheMagicYeti

TheMagicYeti Gamer

I too, come from console racing as well. Used to be part of a club on Forza 4 which was great fun while it lasted. Hopefully AC can be the start of something new for me.

10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Very encouraging to see many ex console racer being interested in PC SIM because of AC, for me it was NetKar that ignited my interest in PC SIM, but I will never forget that Gran Turismo is the one that started my journey.
    I hope many more will follow the path, the more the merrier

11. TheMagicYeti

TheMagicYeti Gamer

It was Gran Turismo that started my journey as well. But as time has moved on console sim racing has become quite restricted.

12. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

All of my best and closest bros come from simming and gaming, no joke. I'm in AC for the longterm, and I can't wait to see what the coming years bring. I've known certain gaming communities last for a decade plus, and I really hope the same thing happens here.

cooknn likes this.
  13. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Memories. Hold on t'yer butt! Wait who are you btw?

14. I`ve also started with Gran Turismo (2) and it seams that AC will cause that i have to buy a race seat with wheel, pedals, shifter... And then we`ll see on the track ;)

15. DaveH36

DaveH36 Gamer

the need for a cool rig, definitely!:cool: I built mine out of wood, but I can see going for the bright and shiny. Yeah, I have high hopes for this community and appreciate the opportunity to b e involved in the beginning.

16. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

Well, this ex-console racer certainly hopes so. I never did the online play before, because I never considered myself good enough in Forza and F1, but am looking forward to it now. In a way, AC has been perfect for me getting into sim racing. Beyond finally getting the idea I am really driving a car, rather than directing a computer-generated thing on the screen with a console stick, with only really hotlapping available - which, beyond practice in F1 I always completely ignored before - it has given me the time to really finally focus on controlling the vehicle, getting the racing line right, reading up on real racing and how to properly brake and shift and handle weight displacement, now that I bought a wheel (yeah, AC did that).

In the console games those things make you definitely better, but are not really necessary to play the game, decently. In AC, if I don't do this, I lap 10 secs slower, might not finish the lap, and would be a danger on the road during online play. Luckily, so many of the cars are such a joy to drive that doing this practice is hardly "work". I love to take out the Z4 or Elise and before you know it you've done 20 laps and run out of gas...

So, I am not really in a hurry, yet, for MP. ;) I'll need a few more weeks to get more comfortable... I am already 3-5 secs faster than I was a week ago! At that rate, I might be able to run with the pack once we get to 1.0.

cooknn likes this.
  17. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I've gone by Cooknn since the days of NASCAR 2 on TEN (Total Entertainment Network). Was raising a family back then though, so I only jumped into a few races a week. Definitely looking forward to the multiplayer scene with Assetto Corsa.

TheDyingScotsman likes this.
  18. Nullbert

Nullbert Gamer

Am I the only one that didn't come from consoles? Former NFS/GRID/test drive/burnout/flatout player here; started wanting more realism and less artificial difficulty from racing games. Never played online; social anxiety, for me it seems, includes people represented by 1's and 0's potentially thousands of miles away. Hopefully having a common interest or even passion will help with that.

19. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

I only played GT5 on ps3. It sucked, so i sold it altogether. Other than that nonsense, it was all PC for me. It was always more casual and offline, until this years AC tech preview and because the release got delayed, i tried iracing 6$ subscription. What got me hooked was the simplicity of the thing. Click join race, wait 10-15 minutes doing some practice and then start with all quite competent players on full grid. AC needs this kind of MMO multiplayer, hopefully the playerbase will always be large enough to fill the grid on every race.

PulpQuango likes this.
  20. totalo

totalo Rookie

SCREW YOU GUYS!!! I DON'T WANT TO BE NONE OF YOUR FRIENDS!!!!!
    lol. Yeah getting in on the "ground floor" of a new game will bring a little closeness, especially as the "regulars" start to make themselves known as that.
    For a little over the last year I've been PC racing like crazy, before that it was Forza for me. 1,2,3 and 4 although I can honestly say I only got hardcore with it somewhere between 2 and 3. Also played GT5 on my PS3 but that didn't hold my interest long at all. One bridge title on the xbox 360 was Race Pro. That gave a taste of what PC physics are all about. It was over for me then. I needed more.
    On the PC side I've been trying to make up for lost time. In the past year I've put time on iRacing (booo), rfactor 1 and 2 and every mod imaginable for them, the Race 07 series and all the add-ons and expansions, pCars, Raceroom Experience, DTM (which is basically Raceroom with DTM content), Simraceway and probably some others I'm forgetting. I had to add AC to the mix and I see nothing but great things for this. I hate hotlapping but something about this one makes it something really fun to do.

21. Race Pro really was an eye-opener....It was buggy as hell but when it worked it was amazing...Not really sure why a couple years later when I built a gaming PC I went straight t0 iracing and wasted time and money there before discovering (rediscovering almost) the Race On series. And GTR2...and glorious Netkar Pro
    I tried the initial Demo for Raceroom and was not impressed in the least bit; no money spent there whatsoever.

I look forward to meeting and making laps with many of the posters on here; I look forward to booting a few of them too :D