1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Imola cutting thoughts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Danny Giusa, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Danny Giusa

Danny Giusa Simracer

At the moment I'm on a small competition of a german sim racing forum, where we drive the x-bow @ imola.
    (All same setup, driving aids and time/thermal conditions)
    After one hour of hotlapping I'll have to make some suggestions to imola and its possibilities to cut.

Let me explain the problem.

My target time, the fastest set so far of an other competitor, was a 1:54:4.
    After round about 20 laps of clean driving, I was pretty disappointed, all i've achieved was a time of 1:57:9.
    Normally I'm just 1 second off the aliens on our forum, but 3,5 seconds was too much.

Then I asked the guys which are faster than me, how they done this.
    The simple answer was "Cutting as hard as possible".

Here is the problem, we have an offtrack penalty, but no real cutting penalty.
    On Imola you are able to cut nearly every corner with 3/4 of your car.
    So I tried their advice and I was fairly surprised after the second lap I achieved a 55.8.

The anti cutting bumps on the curbs are not effective on some cars, with the X-Bow you are just driving with the whole car over the curb. so you don't mind them.
    I know, that the track is laserscanned and so we have the real conditions of the track, as they are.
    So I guess we need a fix for that, which don't change the visual appearence of the track.

On the other hand, if we got further in development of AC and we get technical failures and damage, that will be fixed without any code changes, because no racing car ever build would take this kind of driving for more than 10 laps without breaking into small parts of carbon fiber after that.

Best Regards
    Danny

xyr likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions Imola track cutting at variante alta Nov 24, 2013
    ACC Physics Impossible to drive Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO in Imola May 26, 2022
    ACC Gameplay AI Performance Imola May 25, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Imola racingline glitch in 2nd chicane Jan 24, 2022
    ACC Physics BMW M4 GT4 Wet Preset at Imola Nov 27, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Imola - Wet (Rain) | HotLap | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:49.869 Oct 27, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Imola | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Apr 9, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Can join Imola without the DLC Apr 9, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RST Enduro series Imola powered by RWB 18th April 2021 Apr 2, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Imola - Hot Lap - Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:40.827 Mar 24, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 213 – Godzimola Feb 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cannot unlock Imola in ps4 Feb 4, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC][PC][GT3] ACRL 6 Hours of Imola| 20th February | acrlonline.org Jan 27, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Imola DLC Issues Dec 13, 2020
    ACC Gameplay imola t4 track limits Dec 6, 2020

3. baloche

baloche sorry for my english

i agree , the best thing is invalid lap

4. brr

brr Rookie

There are different rules for what is considered driving on track in different real-life racing series. For example in F1 its enough to have some part of the car (i.e. contact patch of the tyres) touching the track. I don't know what exactly you mean by cutting corner with 3/4 of the car but at least in F1 it would not be off-track (probably not in many other series as well).

Also, I would not call anything "cutting the corner" if it does not result in a slowdown penalty (except obvious bugs). The implicit rules are what the sim determines them to be and driving according to those rules is not cutting corners.

5. Really reliable Hotlaps you only get a Dediserver with regulated requirements and same conditions - everything else I think is meaningful comparison cock free.
    An NFS driver with Gamepad and helicopter view will always be faster than a driver's cockpit with steering wheel - in the same game of course.

Wirklich zuverlässige Hotlaps bekommt man nur über einen Dediserver mit geregelten Vorgaben und gleichen Bedingungen - alles andere halte ich für sinnfreien Schwanzvergleich.
    Ein NFS Fahrer mit Gamepad und Hubschraubersicht wird immer schneller sein als ein Cockpitfahrer mit Lenkrad - im selben Game natürlich.

6. Danny Giusa

Danny Giusa Simracer

Thats what I'm talking about.
    (Attachment)

We are doing this quite professional and I know all drivers and how they perform on other sims and leagues, so believe me, that we got all the same conditions.
    And I'm not refering about "they are too fast", because I can raise the same times, after their tipps, I'm talking about the opportunity to cut in a way, which is not good for the game.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  7. brr

brr Rookie

If that's how the implicit off-track rules in AC work (perhaps they don't since a drawing isnt very accurate evidence), then you might want to drive accordingly. There is no universal law of course cutting which applies to every racing series.

8. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

More than 2 wheels outside track and it's NOT a valid lap !

Standard racing rules !

There should be a minimum of 2 wheels on the track at all times for a valid lap!

Danny Giusa likes this.
  9. brr

brr Rookie

Not very standard since its not in use in F1 and GP2, for example.

10. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

I'd like to see a source on that !

11. brr

brr Rookie

Then go and read the F1 sporting regulations.

12. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

Doesn't say anything about this !

13. Danny Giusa

Danny Giusa Simracer

Actually you are refering about different things.
    On the apex you are not allowed to cut with more than 2 tyres in the F1, on exit you can go as wide as you want.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110909

Please, it is your argument, then you have to prove this, don't refer to something and regret to prove it.
    The F1 reglementations page is ugly as web1.0 and to search for something there is "pain in the ***".

and thats what we are talking about.

http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/sporting_regulations/8683/fia.html

"20.2 Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.
    A driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with the track...."

Well... it seems you are talking about an other F1, than we do ?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    magicaldog likes this.
  14. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

Same for gt. But actually, race director on the briefings, depending on the track may allow a bit more or less.

Sent from my bq Edison using Tapatalk

Danny Giusa likes this.
  15. brr

brr Rookie

Wow, you managed to actually read the rules. Yes, it says nothing about "minimum of 2 wheels on the track at all times" which was supposed to be a "standard racing rule".

16. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

That would actually mean that only 1 wheel has to be on the track at all times :D

17. Danny Giusa

Danny Giusa Simracer

Don't get too cocky my friend, I like to have a serious discussion about AC, but you are the guy in here, who line up some arguments, without any facts that proove your point, so we have to prove them.

Actually you are right, from the scratch of the rules you can go with 3 tyres over the white line, but not the kerbs.
    But important is what Charlie Whiting says in the driver briefing, too.
    So we can't make this 100% clear.

And now, please return to the topic of this thread

18. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

I guess it is pretty hard to calculate to drive ( fast ) with just one wheel on the track (Maybe with a Trike )
    I try to keep 2 wheels on the track at all times just to be safe ! silverline_power_tool_drag_racing_trike3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013