1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Impact of fuel weight on GT3 cars

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Nesja, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Nesja

Nesja Racer

Does anyone know what the impact of fuel weight is on GT3 cars irl?

I did some testing in hotlap mode with 60 l and 20 l fuel without fuel consumption. All with the same setup (safe preset).
    I did about 40 laps with 60 l and just hit a limit I couldn't improve upon.
    After that I did 5 laps with 20 l and was 0.6 s faster. There might have been 0.2 s more improvement possible, but I got hungry.

These results would indicate 10 l = 0. 15 s and perhaps up to 10 l = 0.2 s. On Nurburgring at least.

So does anyone know how this corresponds to real life GT3 cars and the impact of fuel weight on their lap times?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    mantasisg likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Setup has no impact on tyre wear?? Jan 19, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Screen resolution impact on FPS? Jul 31, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Do Thrustmaster control panel settings impact console behaviour? Jun 29, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Boost mode impact? Jun 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Glitchiness in MP and impact to ratings Feb 16, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Huge FPS Impact w/ PP Filter ON Nov 15, 2019
    ACC Hardware Discussions Biggest settings impact on GPU? Aug 4, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting What impact on performance does the settings have? Jul 14, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds What impact on performance does the settings have? Jul 14, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SP without impacting statistics (RC,SA...) May 29, 2019
    ACC Hardware Discussions The Impact of RAM Size on ACC FPS Performance Jan 15, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds assetto corsa wall collisions: impact too large Sep 15, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Will Enabling HDR via Windows 10 Impact Performance in ACC? Aug 18, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues no ffb information in crash impact Apr 22, 2018
    General modding discussion Does physical surface mesh texture has an impact for grip ? Nov 6, 2017

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

I don't know. But. I would guess that your experiment results are correct. In F1 cars it is something like 0.025s per liter, or something like that, I suppose an impact on heavier car than F1 would be smaller. So because of that I think your results are good.

Also, I think, you are always quicker and physically more capable with an empty stomach :D Well maybe not too empty, but just about empty.

4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

5. Nesja

Nesja Racer

It's too difficult to compare qualifying times to race times because track conditions can change and you don't know if they were pushing as hard in the race.
    Like in that example, there is already a 0.5 s between both qualifying sessions and between both races and those fastest times were set by different drivers and cars as well.

6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Unless there is a specific reason to go all-in in a race the times from qualy and race can't be compared since you have to preserve tyres for the stint and avoid making mistakes in a race.

7. Nesja

Nesja Racer

My numbers may be unreliable because I keep finding more time with 60l.

Would be cool if some alien who can consistently push the limits would test the impact of fuel weight on lap times.

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

There are quite some information known about that in F1, beginning from Gordon Murray. GT3 cars are heavier so it will obviously relatively mean a little less for them.

If you became faster with 60L, then maybe you became faster in general ?

Also maybe the setup is good for large amount of fuel ?

9. Nesja

Nesja Racer

I did a lot more testing today and these are the results.
    Using the safe setup and 60 l my best time was a 1:54.699 in a mega lap. I don't feel I can go much faster than that.
    Using the safe setup and 20 l my best time was a 1:54.189 in a good lap, but not mega. I feel a 1:54.0 is possible.

From this I would conclude that 40 l = roughly 0.6 s to 0.7 s per lap.
    So 10 l = 0.15 s and perhaps a bit more than that.

It felt much more difficult to hook up a good lap with lighter fuel load. Heavier fuel load probably makes the car more planted, making it easier to push and find stability in corners.
    This was mostly noticeable to me in the first few corners (especially turn 3 and 4 where the car just slid more easily, immediately resulting in huge time loss when this happened).

Also very noticeable was how much time I lost versus an older lap on straights.
    On the long straight (after turn 12) I lost about 0.15 - 0.16 s with 60 l fuel. With 20 l of fuel this time loss was only about 0.08 s.
    On the start/finish straight when starting a lap the delta was neutral (perhaps stuck at 0, but really slightly negative) with 60 l of fuel. With 20 l of fuel I was 0.005 to 0.015 s faster before reaching the first corner.

Of course all these results could be influenced by me not being able to really push the limits of the car under different fuel loads.

Here are both hotlaps so everyone can judge for themselves.
    With 60 l (delta/ghost was not a representative lap):

With 20 l (delta was also a lap with safe setup and 20 l):