1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic In search of a Killer gt3 setup (any car)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by TeKnO-_-91, Sep 26, 2016.

1. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

A lot of people go softer when they start exploring setups. Mostly because the car feels easier to drive due to the extra compliance. But.. A stiffer more nervous car is faster, yet harder to drive.

2. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Thanks for the advice so far guys, i really appreciate it ;) but i wonder if the setup screen and options are going to change after this next patch?,,in a way that is more like the pc setup options, because from what iv'e read on other threads the two are quite different in terms of available sliders and stuff like that. Can anyone maybe post a screenshot of a gt3 car setup options both on ps4 and pc? But make sure your using the same car if you do. Thanks.

3. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

Not really. Both pretty much the same. I think the Values are more basic on the console version. Think clicks as opposed to specific mm settings.

4. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Yeh i dont know weather or not that word going around of the setup options are vastly different is just total bullcrap or what? But its not a big issue to me and others seem to be liking it alot on the ps4 setup options so its really not a big deal unless there was a huge difference between the two.

5. Exage304

Exage304 Gamer

From what I've seen in a past thread the values don't coincide between those for PC and those for console (you would need the left screen setup and not click values). The past month basically it's been established that because we're on a different version and given the settings this might as well be a separate offshoot from the PC. Maybe some of the V1.05 or earlier setups might work. I don't really know because I see no reason to put in arbitrary values from someone else when I don't know their wheel/pedal setup, car assist settings, skill level, driving style, balance preference.

As far as I see it, the analogy would be like borrowing someones made to measure suit that [sort of] fits and creating a bespoke suit that complements you.
    One is quick and alright for the odd occasion (if it fits), the other takes some effort but is 2 steps above when it comes to show time.

Advice has mostly been been covered. Tune the values 1 or 2 clicks at a time unless it's really out of whack (start overall and play with front and rear bias as needed). ride height, camber, tire pressure for starts. You'll want to try and maximize grip. Ratios for the min/max track speed and corners. Play with car balance see what happens with the car tight or loose. When you change a setup you'll want at least 3 clean laps for tire temp on the average track length to evaluate (way more if you need to evaluate wear for endurance). Changing tire type will probably need more slight tweaking to your base to account for more or less grip. Sometimes going back to the previous setup is quicker or more comfortable. Be aware that some of tuning is a balance of trade offs and what you're able to manage, as you get better your tune will need change as well.

EMW SMILER likes this.
  6. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Oh don't you worry i can manage alright,,thanks for the lecture!