1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is my PC ready for a full grid?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mike1304, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Hi, my rig is not so bad (see signature) but I play in 3D surround and this is very demanding.
    At the moment I can play with maximum 11 AI cars with fluid 60 FPS, but every AI car I add more and I can't hold 60 FPS and it begins to stutter. A whole grid with over 20 cars is therefore unplayable.

I have already lowered most of the demanding graphics settings like AF or cubemaps/faces.
    Do you think that the performance will be that optimized till 1.0 that I will be able to play a full grid with 60 fps in 3d surround with my rig?

Now it's not a big problem because I can start races with less than 12 AI cars and everything is fine.

But I fear that in career mode I perhaps can't change the AI amount and if I'll HAVE to race a full grid and then I will not be able to do this...
    Any comparison/ideas from people with similar rig also playing 3D on triple monitors?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ive sended this bug already to support, but I want to warn you guys too. Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Physics Already punctured tire is inflated May 23, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Competition Server requiring DLCs already installed May 7, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Fatal Error - 3 times already... [nVidia PhysX & GPU driver crash] Feb 9, 2021
    ACC General Discussions My Brand new ACC Server Ready Now! My Own Professional,Clean,Fast Server! Apr 19, 2020
    ACC Physics [1.2]Loaded mid race, brake discs already exploded. Dec 17, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Is my PC ready for VR Feb 24, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Ready 2 Race Mclaren cars not working correctly Jan 30, 2019
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Bying ultimate edition when standard edition is already installed Jan 3, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer players entering races that are already started Dec 22, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Buying Ultimate Edition if you already own the base game Nov 9, 2018
    ACC General Discussions I AM ready for my pit stop's Oct 9, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Ready for change Sep 22, 2018
    ACC General Discussions I'm already waiting release 2 as a kid waits for santa Sep 21, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Is there a list of confirmed cars already? Sep 17, 2018

3. You probably need a couple more Titans to be sure......LOL

PAKFA, baliwa, Anuj and 9 others like this.
  4. pitone1975

pitone1975 Alien

i hope so for a 64bit version of asetto corsa!

5. WallyM

WallyM Alien

If your rig struggles, then what hope to the rest of us have? The AI's resource demands needs to be optimised.

6. Majnu

Majnu Racer

Since the game is not optimized yet performance is all over the place - which is to be expected. I'd overclock that CPU though :p
    My CPU usage seems to get higher with every patch KS release.

7. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Did you disable "hyperthreading"

8. alex72

alex72 Alien

3D surround means triple screen and 3D glasses?

I hope VR get good soon so we can skip the massive hardware to get immersed. :)

Mogster and Brainspiller like this.
  9. magzire

magzire Alien

what a boaster lol

Anuj likes this.
  10. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

Just another boasting thread.

If you are, however, looking for a proper advice, setting that cubes resolution thing to medium, instead of high will save you lots of FPS at a low visual cost.

11. shiftA

shiftA Racer

I'd check the DX11.ini file in\assettocorsa\system\cfg folder and give those cards and monitors some room to breath by rendering ahead by 1 or even 2 frames like this

MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=2

I may well be talking through my backside but If you haven't done it give it a try and for Assetto Corsa don't do it using a graphics cards control panel do it in the above .ini file.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  12. TCLF

TCLF Alien

like a boast

Andreas Knöpke likes this.
  13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I have cubes set to low and motion blur off, I really don't miss them in car.

14. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

i7-4770K@3.5 - 32gb, 2x Geforce TITAN SLI- 3x ASUS 3D-Vision-Monitor (Nvidia-3D-Surround), Logitech G27 wheel with H-shifter
    AC Specs: - 5980@1080@144Hz (bezel-corrected) | Single Screen Rendering |FullscreenOn | Vsync On| 60 FPS limit |AF 4x | AA 2x | FXAA 1x | Shadows high| World detail very high | M.Blur Off | HDR enabled | C.Maps Low| Faces2 | All aids off |

Can I say lol? get that vsynce off just for the heck of it, af aa fxaa everything off, shadows on low...HDR is a power hungry that one off aswell You can put the faces up...and change the world detail as needed...

15. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

Yes you have a very good computer, you spent lots of money on it, well done. You have boasted exceptionally well and massaged your ego nicely.

Of course you can run it maxed out! Out of interest is your computer built by yourself or did you buy it premade and assume the 4k + price tag was the standard rate for a computer.

16. mattrick

mattrick Racer

No he cannot run it maxed out that is why he is asking.

Sounds like sour grapes / jealousy to me!!

dztrbdgod likes this.
  17. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

Less sour grapes, but you dam right im jealous of that system. Who wouldn't be....

But I've seen so many posts before of people with stupidly powerful systems checking if they can play a game (not here i should add) that it just becomes tiresome to see.

18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Just googled what "boasting" means, as english is not my first language and must say that I am a bit disappointed.
    Didn't you read that I can NOT play with full grid!!? With 12 AI cars or more I get stuttering framerate!!
    Anotherone who called me a boaster suggested that I should turn down the cubes to medium: didn't you read in my sig that my cubemaps are already set to LOW?
    The last thing I wanted to do is boasting.
    The only thing I asked for is help in setting up my rig the right way so that I can run full grid in 3D surround with 60 FPS. I just don't know if it is or will be possible as 3D-surround is a FPS-killer therefore I was asking...
    So everyone who might be jealous: maybe it makes you happy that I can NOT play with full grid and 60 FPS... :(

19. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

Okay well apologies, i jumped quickly to a conclusion after years of seeing threads on other sites where people just boast about that platform in a similar way, so sorry about that. Anyway im afraid i don't know with regards to your 3d surround stuff. All I know is that AI i believe are CPU intensive, not so much GPU intensive. It's all subject to change of course from one update to another. Make sure you don't have any background applications running as well but you probably tried that. Oh also are you trying AI in race weekend or quick race? I haven't driven since the weekend but I found quick race was better performance wise, maybe different now with 0.8.7 though.

20. yusupov

yusupov Alien

i didnt think he was boasting :(. boasters arent posting about how their machine can't handle a game. i have to guess it has somethign to do w/ 3D...maybe look into overclocking. i can run full grid on my specs, but single monitor, not 3D, 1080p :/. have you tried toggling around w/ one monitor v 3, 3D on/off, etc, to see how it effects things? re CPU power you should be able to get a good OC off the bat just by going into the bios.

just thought of another thing, nvidia has to optimize for 3D (from what i can see of their bios updates). dont think theyve done much w/ AC yet, other than (apparently) putting an SLI profile out there (never use SLI so no idea how that works). its possibel the game just isnt ready for the advanced state youre running it in.