1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kunos spend your money, this guy needs working with you

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Omelete, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

Dont see why AC need this sort of stuff. This is a racing game, not a demolition derby.

And I can see that this could be a potential issue with some manufacturers, they really do not like to see their cars' passenger carriage being crushed.

GCCRacer likes this.
  2. Demha

Demha Gamer

Maybe you should email the creator of that game and show him what Kunos are doing, and tell him to 'spend his money' to include AC in his game.

3. plaid

plaid Alien

In real races the cars usually don't react like some toycars smashed against each other if they crash, so it could help to sustain the immersion during heavy crashs, however usually people try to avoid it isn't that important - like false starts :D. But everytime in a sim I crash it drasticly reminds me that I just play a game. Same for missing animated pitcrews, cardboard-spectators etc. that always appeared bizarre, but shouldn't be necessary in 2016.
    But I would rather spent unused power for bigger grids (and the AI for those) for proper enduranceraces (Blancpain/VLN/WEC) and animated staff and crowds to increase the livelyness in races. Same for rain, which isn't as essential either IMO.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  4. Tura

Tura Gamer

No thanks not needed at all.

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

No, pls?! Not from you...:confused::(

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Actually, it was a question in the last stream and Marco said that it's not the case.

7. kikie

kikie Simracer

For BeamNG soft body physic to be implemented in a race sim we need to have this:

[​IMG]

and go to sleep to wake up when super-super-super computers are available for anyone.

:D

:rolleyes:

I need a triple CPU i8 5960K in SLI and 4 GTX 1080 in SLI.

8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Oh, well might be. I've tried that game (it seems to be one of those notorious "Early Access" games that will never be finished) and the damage is very detailed, to the point that it's hard to see any "preset" patterns to it. And yeah I agree physical damage model is more important. In AC most important part already has detailed damage and that is the tyres. Also I find it quite impressive, that bodywork damage has aerodynamic effects.
    Yeah he did: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...cat-hacked-in-s03e07.34430/page-3#post-718255

And Luca here now... seems to be a myth. I've heard that so many times during the years, in different games. Maybe it was something players alleged, or something some developer used as excuse years ago and it started to live on.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    ZethGAF likes this.
  9. That´s called racing.
    :p

10. chakko

chakko Alien

I'd be happy if the damage model was at least up to par with iRacing. That's something which is really good in that sim, i found (at least the kind of damage you get from the contacts, not so much the damage model itself). Obviously, manufacturer who let you license their cars don't want a damage model though, at least that's what i gathered. Shame.

11. [​IMG]

dermonty, liakjim and chakko like this.
  12. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Do you really expect people to read before they hit "post reply"?
    It's internet, ain't nobody got time fo dat.

13. R3V3NG3 BR

R3V3NG3 BR Racer

It is the same reason why devs tell people that we can only see 24-30 fps and/or it is cinematic, so people stop complaining and bothering them about it.

14. Ffb might not be the strongest point but after dial in some settings is not bad with a g27 and for physics you get pretty decent ones, you can even drift and setup the car like any other sim. Is not the most user friendly game but version 0.6.1 is pretty good

Sent using Tapatalk

Dessu and bzucobzuco like this.
  15. chakko

chakko Alien

Aye! That's good to hear. Nice kitten btw. :p

16. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

If I remember correctly beamNG doesn't have licensed contet while AC has...not goona stack together so simply xD

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

That would be a perfect example of wrong priorities. Spend 30% of the CPU and a bunch of cash on a feature that we try to avoid 99% of the time playing the game.

18. kikie

kikie Simracer

That means that Kazunori Yamauchi has been lying to us for years when he answered questions about damage or lack thereof in Gran Turismo.

With technical issue, you mean that the hardware (pc) aren't fast and powerful enough?

19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

o_O;)

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

What did he say was the reason for the audio sample not changing since gt1, they could at least have gone and recorded a dyson to get the more modern feel to their car sounds.

21. plaid

plaid Alien

Polyphony will have the last laugh, if there is no petrol anymore and electric cars will reign.

miky and pika4u like this.