1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Level 50 Drifters? Drifing Tutorial?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by bluenote10, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

Sorry I don't have a T500rs. Have you drifted with another wheel before or is this your first time? There is a T500rs wheel thread in the controllers section, have you seen it?

2. I've seen it, but nobody posted any drift specific settings. I haven't used another wheel, but I've watched a lot of real and sim drifting videos and in my opinion their wheel doesn't behave like mine does. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the wheel basically countersteer by itself during the slide with minimal input from driver, at least it thats how it looks on the videos... In my case, wheel is lazy to countersteer and then when ending the slide it countersteers in opposite direction too much which ends up in a never ending left/right slapping...

3. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

I read people were finding it hard to get a good feel from the T500rs, I don't know if that's been fixed or not? So maybe it's something to do with that. Either way it takes a lot of practice to do, you can't just let the wheel do what it wants, you must still control where you point the wheels. If you let it counter steer on its own it will go too far. It looks easy when you know what you are doing, but really it's not as easy as it looks. You shouldn't need drift specific settings on the wheel, it should just feel right no matter the situation, that's the whole point of a sim. So the settings you see in the thread should be fine for you. Maybe you should start by doing donuts with counter steer and go from there.

4. It's probably my english getting in the way of explaining things. I'm not expecting the car to drive itself, just expecting it to be more smooth/natural instead of fighting the car all the time. Thanks for your advice, you are right first of all i need a lot of practice and only then i can worry about my equipement not being adequate.

5. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Use 500-600' degrees of rotation. I personally use 520 for m3, hide the driver arms, and lock the virtual steering wheel, because it's very frustrating to watch virtual wheel, that does not match up to your real wheel

6. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

No problem, it's hard to tell how much experience someone has when they ask for help, so it's hard to know what advice to give and not seem like I'm a dick lol.
    When I got my first FFB wheel it took me a month before I started to make any sense of what the wheel's FFB was telling me, I thought there was something wrong with my wheel too. But I kept at it and now it feels very natural to me.

Oh Kristaps post reminded me, you should probably turn off "lock view to horizon" if you haven't done already, that makes a big difference.